2019 Free Agency

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This seems a quite logical summary why most of teams with cap space will NOT go after Oubre.

It makes a lot of sense, why would these teams with gobs of cap space blow more than 15M on Oubre when they still need a star/superstar player. That would end all chances of them getting a top tier FA.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just like the last two offseasons, which means another putrid season. When will this cycle stop???

I do not subscribe to the belief lack of a PG makes winning impossible.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
6/27/19, 12:18 PM
The Lakers will start free agency with $32M in salary cap space. The Lakers have the ability to sign a max player now.

And now the report is that the Lakers will sign either Kawhi Leonard or D'Angelo Russell with that space.

Meanwhile, we're stuck with the likes of Cory Joseph.

:barf::barf::barf:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do not subscribe to the belief lack of a PG makes winning impossible.

Then I'm afraid you do not understand the game of basketball. A point guard is as essential to an NBA team as a quarterback is to an NFL team.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
And now the report is that the Lakers will sign either Kawhi Leonard or D'Angelo Russell with that space.

Meanwhile, we're stuck with the likes of Cory Joseph.

:barf::barf::barf:
No Lakers reporters think Kawhi , every other person reports Kawhi says if he leaves the raptors which is unlikely its for the clippers

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No Lakers reporters think Kawhi , every other person reports Kawhi says if he leaves the raptors which is unlikely its for the clippers

That was before the Lakers were able to clear the additional cap space to be able to afford Kawhi.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm. I’m not sure the Lakers go after another max player. Maybe they fill out their roster with that money.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
6/27/19, 12:17 PM
The Lakers are trading Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to Wizards as part of the Anthony Davis deal with New Orleans, league sources tell ⁦‪@ZachLowe_NBA‬⁩ and me. Deal clears contracts and creates more cap space for free agency.
How does the commissioner approve s#!* like this! They should be made to waive them like everyone else.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nothing changed hes gonna resign with the raptors 90% and 10% goes to clippers , not every free agent wants to go to the Lakers

Just reported that Kawhi now plans to meet with the Lakers, in addition to the Clippers.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
How does the commissioner approve s#!* like this! They should be made to waive them like everyone else.
It was said when the deal was first announced, that the Lakers would try and modify or add to the deal to either get another player or clear more cap space. It was assumed the deal was not done as rumored.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
6/27/19, 12:56 PM
Free agent Kawhi Leonard is expected to allow the Toronto Raptors to make the final meeting presentation among the teams visiting with him in Los Angeles next week, league sources tell ESPN. The incumbent often prefers to go last in trying to convince a player to stay with team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
6/27/19, 12:56 PM
Free agent Kawhi Leonard is expected to allow the Toronto Raptors to make the final meeting presentation among the teams visiting with him in Los Angeles next week, league sources tell ESPN. The incumbent often prefers to go last in trying to convince a player to stay with team.
6:01 Lakers presentation
6:30 Clippers presentattion
7:00 Intermission
7:15 Toronto presentation