Mavericks @ Suns 10-17-18 (season opener)

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
First game?

He has not been a PG in Europe, he has not been a PG for Slovenia - he is not a PG, period.

And that is just talking about the offensive side of things, not even how he is going to cover PGs currently the Mavs hide him on Power Forwards.
C'mom man. First game in the NBA! IF you watched the game you saw him pull passes out his ass in the first qtr that were spectacular. The guy has skills and you cant deny it. Let him get his feet and a little more time and youll be eating your words.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
First game?

He has not been a PG in Europe, he has not been a PG for Slovenia - he is not a PG, period.

And that is just talking about the offensive side of things, not even how he is going to cover PGs currently the Mavs hide him on Power Forwards.
Your right. My bad. For some reason I was thinking Doncic played the same position as Goran on the Slovenian team. Now I know he was just a guard...who can pass and has great handles. My apologies.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Bingo, plus none of the passes were spectacular.

The behind the back was nice, but it was hardly anything "special".
Whaaaa? Come on man, give credit where credit is due. This is a rookie playing his first game in the NBA pulling a behind the back bounce pass off the PnR for an easy dunk. We'd be salivating at that if Doncic was on the Suns.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. That was a bit lame and embarrassing on National TV. Wait a few months people.
Lame and embarrassing? C'mon man the dude did an MJ and Kobe and went freaking off the last 6 mins. That's what an mvp does. It was nice to see the Suns fans back in a sold out arena going nuts. Lame and embarrassing? No Proud and awesome are 2 better words to describe it

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Lame and embarrassing? C'mon man the dude did an MJ and Kobe and went freaking off the last 6 mins. That's what an mvp does. It was nice to see the Suns fans back in a sold out arena going nuts. Lame and embarrassing? No Proud and awesome are 2 better words to describe it
Lol. No its was. I know the crowd was excited and everything but it was the first game of the season! Booker is gonna have many, many games like last night. Wait. Timing is everything. JMO

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And its true. He is listed as the Mavs pf. He is a nice piece to go with DSJ. Nothing wrong with that.

He is a nice piece, I'm not sure he'll go anywhere with DSJ. If he keeps working on the outside shot and turns about 20 pounds of softness into 10 pounds of muscle, he'll be something special. Not Ayton special, but very good. But I'm still unimpressed by DSJ and that's without factoring in the long term injury risks.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol. No its was. I know the crowd was excited and everything but it was the first game of the season! Booker is gonna have many, many games like last night. Wait. Timing is everything. JMO
I'm guessing by your old name your a az native? Cause if you were you would know the Suns are our first born. You can say all you want about other team and sports and how it should be but the Suns bring out that passion like no other team. I love my cards..d backs and coyotes but the Suns when they are contending is another world. I remember in 2001 where I was but what happened in 93 was the most electrifying moment I ever had as a sports fan....and we lost...I loved the 2008 cards and the Superbowl...but the Suns are my first born that feeling can never be replicated

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I'm guessing by your old name your a az native? Cause if you were you would know the Suns are our first born. You can say all you want about other team and sports and how it should be but the Suns bring out that passion like no other team. I love my cards..d backs and coyotes but the Suns when they are contending is another world. I remember in 2001 where I was but what happened in 93 was the most electrifying moment I ever had as a sports fan....and we lost...I loved the 2008 cards and the Superbowl...but the Suns are my first born that feeling can never be replicated
Yes Im a Phx native. And I remember the Suns coming to my school a year or so after their inaugural year handing out wristbands and posters. Wish I still had those. And I agree. I loved the Suns. The 93 finals loss ripped my heart out for sure. The same as the 2008 Super Bowl loss for the Cards. And I was a huge fan of the Nash years under Mike. If ever there was a time to make it back to the finals those were the years. These last five years its been really tough to be a diehard fan. Maybe this bunch will bring back the passion? We'll see? And maybe if I hadnt lost the spirit Id be chanting MVP too? lol. I doubt it.;)

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It’s one game guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s one game guys.

Yes it was. And it was at home, against a bad team missing arguably it's best player and the outcome wasn't decided until Booker took over in the 4th quarter. And we will likely come down to earth fairly quickly but I think it tells us something about the future of our stars and that's enough for me.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It’s one game guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our last two openers. We lost by an average of 28 points or something like that. Let us cut loose a little.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There's very little chance that Booker is able to make this play with last year's roster on the court instead of the guys he does now. Just amazing gravity.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
hard to watch the Cards game tonight after the Suns first game. Talk about extremes. Probably one of the better basketball games I have seen recently versus one of the worst basketball games I have recently seen. Harshing my mellow, man.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Did you guys hear the embarrassing Portland fans chanting M-V-P for Damian Lillard in game one of their season tonight? ;)

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Canaan- 8-PPG 7-AST 6-RB 1-TO
Doncic- 10-PPG 4-AST 8-RB 4-TO

Forget about the Ayton Doncic comparison. He didn't even play as well as Canaan.

I'm sure he will improve and play very well but so far I don't see the hype. He had as many turnovers as assists.

We had four players with more assists. He did have some nice passes but he also had moments where he looked really bad. I thought he looked slow and out of shape I guess we will see.

Of course its just one game but thats all we have, what he did in Europe is no longer relevant.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Canaan- 8-PPG 7-AST 6-RB 1-TO
Doncic- 10-PPG 4-AST 8-RB 4-TO

Forget about the Ayton Doncic comparison. He didn't even play as well as Canaan.

I'm sure he will improve and play very well but so far I don't see the hype. He had as many turnovers as assists.

We had four players with more assists. He did have some nice passes but he also had moments where he looked really bad. I thought he looked slow and out of shape I guess we will see.

Of course its just one game but thats all we have, what he did in Europe is no longer relevant.
That IS Doncic’s speed. One of the knocks on him was foot speed. When that is a problem in the Euroleague it will be compounded in the NBA. He is still going to be a good player though. He is a pf not a point guard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson