NFC Championship Cards-15 Panthers-49: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Screw it. I was going to wait until tomorrow but sleeping on it isn't going to make it any better:

The Good

David Johnson-He tried his best to will this team to rally. Sadly, the team didn't respond.

The Bad

The Gameplan-The way the game started out I thought Whiz was calling plays. I mean the game started off with: Run off tackle for 1 yard. Run off tackle for 2 yards. Pass incomplete. Punt. It was like it was 2010 all over again.

No Pass Rushers-I've bleated this all year long and said that the lack of a pass rush was going to be our downfall and I was right.

Another Disappointment-I'm getting tired of seeing other teams celebrating championships. We're the oldest team in the league and have yet to bring one home.

13-3=Squat-2008 we go 9-7, get embarrassed toward the end of the season but turn it on in the playoffs and come literally seconds from winning a title. This year, we win the most regular season games in franchise history and save our worst football for the last 3 weeks, one of which we were damned lucky to win.

The Ugly

Carson Palmer-He was so bad that I was longing for Josh McCown. I mean it's rare a single player is responsible for 6 turnovers on his own. Every one costly. Throw in his inability to see wide open receivers and for some reason threw into double coverage like he was purposley throwing the game like Lefty Williams in the 1919 World Series and it turns into the all time worst QB'd game I've ever seen in my 50 years. I mean, the worst game for a QB on any level.

Defense-Badly exposed. This was a worse performance than last year against Seattle. I mean they couldn't make a play when it counted and to me it seemed Bettcher didn't really bother to try anything to contain Newton. If it were me I would have forced him to beat you with his arm. Rush 3 and drop back 8 but instead he kept on with blitz after ineffective blitz leaving receivers wide open.

Patrick Peterson-His fumble of the punt took the wind out of this team's sails. We finally score then finally stopped their offense and had the opportunity to cut their lead to at least 17-10 but he tried running before securing the punt and it was all down hill after that.

Special Teams-How is it that we're bad at this season in and season out?

Jared Veldheer-He's been flat out terrible for a few weeks now. Was he hurt or something because he's been consistently getting beaten.

That's all I got. Good season but to end it like that is disheartening. I felt that this was as close as we're ever going to get. I simply don't see Palmer having the same season and unless we get someone who can pressure the QB expect the same disappointment when it counts. Next season we have NE, Carolina, and Minny on our schedule and if we can't pressure the QB, don't expect to win.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard