LaGarrette Blount released - Patriots sign him

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Cardinals this year knows it's about the team and not about the individual players. Blount is an idiot who only cares about himself. There is no way Keim would bring in a character like him and mess with the current team chemistry.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Cardinals this year knows it's about the team and not about the individual players. Blount is an idiot who only cares about himself. There is no way Keim would bring in a character like him and mess with the current team chemistry.

This.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Apparently he was an "internal problem" and "dragging down" Le'veon Bell....

You really want this guy in the same meeting room as Ellington and our other young backs?!

No to Tate too -- no messing with team chemistry!!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Apparently he was an "internal problem" and "dragging down" Le'veon Bell....

If Monday night was the "dragged down" Le'veon Bell, the rest of the league is in serious trouble. Wow.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I will add what has he done wrong after that? He has not been arrested or smacked his lady. I can't speak for the locker room but there is a reason teams keep taking a shot with him. It's because he can play. All I think is he's worth a look if he's cut as the saying goes. IMO our locker room might work for him?

Yes he has.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yes he has.

Yep...

Pittsburgh Steelers running backs Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount will be charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon.

Ross Township detective Brian Kohlhepp said traffic officer Sean Stafiej pulled over a Camaro operated by Bell around 1:30 p.m. after Stafiej, who was on a motorcycle, noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.

Stafiej found a 20 gram bag of marijuana inside the car. Bell, Blount and a female passenger all claimed ownership of the marijuana according to police.

Bell, 22, was taken to a hospital to have blood drawn and is expected to be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...e-blount-arrested-marijuana-possession-082014

AzFan13

Reaction score
I would still have him talk to BA. With Stanton at QB a good big back might help make the difference. We are IMO going to need a better running game. If he can help I would do it. He would be cheap and one wrong step you cut him. More to gain then lose IMO.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're in a damned if you do & dammed if you don't situation with our running game. Ellington is looking more exhausted with every carry. BA is certainly a chemistry guy, but Keim hasn't been shy about going after people we need. I feel that our running game will derail our chances more so than having to replace Palmer. I don't think the Cardinals will go after Blount, but there's no denying they need help at the position.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd rather they go after Tate then him.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only someone who's never been in a fight would call this a sucker punch. The guy rolled up, talking smack, invaded Blount's bubble and then was dumb enough to immediately look away. Blount may or may not be a degenerate and punching the kid was obviously wrong but in no way is that a sucker punch. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DIp3vaAyffI#

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Blount or Tate, it does not matter because we cannot be picky right now. I prefer Tate but I would have a smile on my face if in the upcoming games we where protecting a lead and needed a few yards... and the ball was being handed off to a human battering ram like Blount, especially if it was the Niners and it was putting a hurt on them with a win lol

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blount or Tate, it does not matter because we cannot be picky right now. I prefer Tate but I would have a smile on my face if in the upcoming games we where protecting a lead and needed a few yards... and the ball was being handed off to a human battering ram like Blount, especially if it was the Niners and it was putting a hurt on them with a win lol

+++

seesred

Reaction score
No! There is one team in the NFL that doesn't need a bad apple it's our Cardinals. The reason were in the very top of this league is our band of brothers in our locker.

GBR

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No! There is one team in the NFL that doesn't need a bad apple it's our Cardinals. The reason were in the very top of this league is our band of brothers in our locker.

GBR

I completely understand the chemistry factor, but without a run game, we will be a one & done playoff team. That's only if we make the playoffs. We need someone to take some of the load off Ellington or he may be a hit or two from joining Palmer on the IR. I don't think Taylor is that guy. Losing Dwyer hurt more than people realized.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sign Blount, nickname him "the big nasty" & tell him everyone on the Niners went to Boise St.:D

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Only someone who's never been in a fight would call this a sucker punch. The guy rolled up, talking smack, invaded Blount's bubble and then was dumb enough to immediately look away. Blount may or may not be a degenerate and punching the kid was obviously wrong but in no way is that a sucker punch. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DIp3vaAyffI#
lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 142

machgman

Veteran
Reaction score
Apparently, he left the sidelines last night before the game was over. It's very possible that the Steelers will cut him loose. If not, you can easily snag him for a 7th rounder.
Pros - exactly what the Cardinals need in a back right now. Short yardage guy, who can pound the rock & wear down a defense. Ellington is wearing down badly & if he's sidelined, we're in deeper trouble than having lost Palmer. Defenses are blitzing gaps against us & hammering away at Ellington. We need a bigger body to make teams pay when they do that. Blount has had very few touches behind Bell, so his body is fresh for the final stretch. He's an attitude runner, so I could see him playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Cons - it's no secret that this guy is a lunatic as he's been on 4 teams in 5 years. Can obviously be a locker room cancer. HE'S DEFINITELY NOT A LONG TERM ANSWER!!

With all the leaders we have on this team, I think we could bring in this guy & motivate him short-term to produce. Let's not forget that one of the biggest strengths of BA is that he knows how to motivate these so called guys that come in with some baggage. You don't want to invest much into Blount, but he could help just until the end of the season. BA was a troubled athlete himself, so he knows how to deal with head cases like Blount. With any other coach, I would say NO EFFING WAY. Thoughts?

He is a hard core druggie and a locker room cancer. BA, Keim, and Bidwill all will not waste a second here and neither should we.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
He is a hard core druggie and a locker room cancer. BA, Keim, and Bidwill all will not waste a second here and neither should we.

Watch the Patriots pick him up and he goes on a late-season tear again.