LaGarrette Blount released - Patriots sign him

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently, he left the sidelines last night before the game was over. It's very possible that the Steelers will cut him loose. If not, you can easily snag him for a 7th rounder.
Pros - exactly what the Cardinals need in a back right now. Short yardage guy, who can pound the rock & wear down a defense. Ellington is wearing down badly & if he's sidelined, we're in deeper trouble than having lost Palmer. Defenses are blitzing gaps against us & hammering away at Ellington. We need a bigger body to make teams pay when they do that. Blount has had very few touches behind Bell, so his body is fresh for the final stretch. He's an attitude runner, so I could see him playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Cons - it's no secret that this guy is a lunatic as he's been on 4 teams in 5 years. Can obviously be a locker room cancer. HE'S DEFINITELY NOT A LONG TERM ANSWER!!

With all the leaders we have on this team, I think we could bring in this guy & motivate him short-term to produce. Let's not forget that one of the biggest strengths of BA is that he knows how to motivate these so called guys that come in with some baggage. You don't want to invest much into Blount, but he could help just until the end of the season. BA was a troubled athlete himself, so he knows how to deal with head cases like Blount. With any other coach, I would say NO EFFING WAY. Thoughts?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes please.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really dislike the guy. Always seemed like a thug (sucker punching BSU player and own teammate) and a knucklehead. I am for developing Taylor than bringing in Blount.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really dislike the guy. Always seemed like a thug (sucker punching BSU player and own teammate) and a knucklehead. I am for developing Taylor than bringing in Blount.

No developing Taylor. We've seen the best we will see from him.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blount is a head case, but if anyone team can set him straight it is this one. Between BASK, HB and Dockett, there are enough positive role models to get him on the right path.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Definitely an accurate assessment of Blount. But, we're talking short-term & short-term, Taylor is not the bruising back that Blount is. Losing Dwyer hurt us more than originally thought. I just fear that Ellington wont last 6 more regular season games & then a postseason. Blount can be had for almost nothing right now & he's the body type we so badly need. He is a knucklehead though!! I just think that BA can motivate him.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let me understand, he may become available again because of his attitude and being a complete knucklehead and yet you want him on the team? :confused:

I'm sure SK kind find a thick bodied RB elsewhere. Plus IIRC Blount isn't very good at picking up blitzes and isn't the sharpest guy either.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fwiw, Blount didn't sucker punch the Boise player and only smacked the helmet of a teammate in TC. That happens everyday. Lunatic as he may be, I would take him in a heartbeat because he's exactly what we need. To say that Keim can just find another thick bodied RB elsewhere is laughable. If that were true, we would've done it by now. This would be a no-brainer IMO.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Fwiw, Blount didn't sucker punch the Boise player and only smacked the helmet of a teammate in TC. That happens everyday. Lunatic as he may be, I would take him in a heartbeat because he's exactly what we need. To say that Keim can just find another thick bodied RB elsewhere is laughable. If that were true, we would've done it by now. This would be a no-brainer IMO.

Not sure your def of sucker punch but when the guy getting hit isn't even looking in the direction the punch is coming from I would say that is a sucker punch...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Steelers would have to cut him

also: has anyone heard a peep from any Cardinals about their individual stats? to the contrary, you hear Fitz and Floyd both come out and say that wins count,not stats.

Steelers are in the middle of a playoff race -- and the guy is pouting about his role? no thanks ( ditto Ahmad Brooks -- the 49ers are fighting for their playoff lives and he takes himself out? As tempting as the talent is -- its a terrible attitude)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

What he did to the BSU kid was the Webster's definition of Sucker Punch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't see him bringing anything close in terms of production that would be worth the headache.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a guy who walked off the field before the end of a game his TEAM was winning. No thank you. We don't need a cancer like this.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't see Kiem and Company risking any potential player problems at this point. The team chemistry is awesome and not sure if Blount would cause any disruptions. Let's go after Tate instead.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd rather pick up Ben Tate. He was just released by Cleveland.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather pick up Ben Tate. He was just released by Cleveland.

That's what I was thinking until I read Chris Sanders post on why he was cut. I'm not so sure we need a thick bodied RB anyway. Just someone to help spell Juke so he doesn't wear down and that might be Taylor.

AzFan13

Reaction score
Not sure your def of sucker punch but when the guy getting hit isn't even looking in the direction the punch is coming from I would say that is a sucker punch..

That guy was mouthing off and taunting Blount. It's why he had the smile on his face just before he got smacked. I don't call it a sucker punch because you don't talk **** at a guy and then turn your head to laugh about it. If you're that dumb it's on you if you didn't see the punch coming. With that said it was still a very dumb thing to do.

Blount has had a few close to 200 yard playoff games. The guy can play. IMO as some have said we have the locker room to handle him. If he get's cut I would bring him in and have a talk. If all goes well I would add him for the stretch run in a heart beat.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That guy was mouthing off and taunting Blount. It's why he had the smile on his face just before he got smacked. I don't call it a sucker punch because you don't talk **** at a guy and then turn your head to laugh about it. If you're that dumb it's on you if you didn't see the punch coming. With that said it was still a very dumb thing to do.

Blount has had a few close to 200 yard playoff games. The guy can play. IMO as some have said we have the locker room to handle him. If he get's cut I would bring him in and have a talk. If all goes well I would add him for the stretch run in a heart beat.

Not only stupid but still a sucker punch, if you are going to hit a guy do it straight up--people talk smack in football all the time--punches on the other hand are less apt to occur.

asudevil83

Reaction score

Players taunt eachother ALL THE TIME. Are you really justifying players knocking eachother out for talking crap?

AzFan13

Reaction score
Players taunt eachother ALL THE TIME. Are you really justifying players knocking eachother out for talking crap?

Not at all. What he did was past out off line. The Ducks did the right thing and suspended him indefinitely. That was in the first 2 games of the season. He got to come back and play late in the season I think part of the last 2 games. Only after he worked hard with the team not knowing we would get to play and stayed out of trouble.

That game was over. Boise won and that player sought him out specifically to talk ****. He had no business tracking him down after the game. It was not game time trash talk. Players were on their way off the field and he went looking for him and he found him. All Because Blount said the Ducks would not lose to them in an interview days before the game.

No justifying what either guy did especially Blount. Players also don't run over to taunt each other long after the game is over much. That is out of line as well. The players at that time were trying to just get off the filed. It does happen sometimes and when it does it can and has got ugly more times than not.

Just putting some perspective on what happened. It's not like it was during the game why they were on the filed at the same time. They as I said were walking off and Boise player went looking for him. The mess after was worse. It got the Boise fans going and fighting broke out there as well. That was on both of them.

Last edited:

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn't even want Boldin back after he walked off during the NFC championship celebration. I can't say no enough times to express my disinterest in Blount. When you have a team that is winning in very large part because the players are all saying they play together without regard for what the stats look like in the end, and they openly admit it to being their secret to success, I have to say no, no, no, a million times no.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard