Jazz @ Suns 11-1-13

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the Jazz at home tonight. This would appear to be a winnable game. Here is a look at the projected starting lineups per a Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 11-1-13.

Jazz (0-1) at Suns (1-0) … 7 p.m. Phoenix tip

C: Enes Kanter … Miles Plumlee

PF: Derrick Favors … Markieff Morris or Channing Frye

SF: Richard Jefferson … P.J. Tucker or Marcus Morris

SG/G: Gordan Hayward … Goran Dragic

PG/G: John Lucas III … Eric Bledsoe

Key Jazz injuries: Trey Burke (broken finger), Andris Biedrins (ankle sprain), Jeremy Evans (rotator cuff strain), Brandon Rush (knee rehab) and Marvin Williams (right Achilles rehab) are out. Utah has 10 available players for tonight’s game.

Key Jazz reserves: Alec Burks, Rudy Gobert, Jamaal Tinsley, Michael Harris.

It will be interesting if Markieff reclaims the starting PF spot. This would seem logical long term.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/paulcoro/2013/11/01/game-day-orange-slices-for-suns-jazz/

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Exciting game one. Promising play by Plumlee and Bledsoe. Presumably beatable opponent. Heightened expectations.

Accordingly, I expect Plumlee in early foul trouble, Bledsloe shooting 25% from the field and the Suns getting blown out in a boring game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exciting game one. Promising play by Plumlee and Bledsoe. Presumably beatable opponent. Heightened expectations.

Accordingly, I expect Plumlee in early foul trouble, Bledsloe shooting 25% from the field and the Suns getting blown out in a boring game.

You have heightened my excitement for the game.

Is this a preemptive strike? ;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frye is starting at PF tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe looking early liked he should have signed the Suns extension offer. I'm sure he pushed a lot of money away from the table.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe looking early liked he should have signed the Suns extension offer. I'm sure he pushed a lot of money away from the table.

I think there were risks however it went down but I have to say, I was hoping they'd reach a reasonable deal. I just don't see how we benefit letting it play out. I'm now firmly in the showcase and trade him camp. I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be your number one guy.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hayward does not look like he is notable basketball player but he is relentless.

Goodwin does not know what he is doing yet but he is everywhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumlee with 6 points, 7 rebounds and 3 blocks at halftime. I will not even mention the shots he altered.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kanter is killing the Suns. He is much improved. Of course the Suns are not blocking him out.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Bledsoe and Dragic have really been stinking it up today. Plumlee continues to impress. Nice to see Goodwin drive to the hoop a couple of times too! He is going to turn into a good player in a couple of years.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You are correct. Foul problems.
Right. Bledsoe sat when he got his 2nd foul in the first half. When he came back in, he immediately got his 3rd and sat out the rest of the half.

BTW, Christmas is really coming early this year. Dionte is in the game early in the 3rd quarter and has already scored twice. What is his number? 25, of course. :)

P.S.: It looked like PJ Tucker got the worst of his collision with Dragic in the 1st half. But he started the 2nd half along with Dragic. Dragic left, though, looking pretty dizzy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, Christmas is really coming early this year. Dionte is in the game early in the 3rd quarter and has already scored twice. What is his number? 25, of course. :)

I was one of the few who liked Christmas coming out of college. All it takes is the right opportunity.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumlee has a sweet hook shot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe and Dragic have really been stinking it up today. Plumlee continues to impress. Nice to see Goodwin drive to the hoop a couple of times too! He is going to turn into a good player in a couple of years.

Dragic (and Plumlee) carried us early in the game.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic (and Plumlee) carried us early in the game.

Steve

Dragic is hurt. He may be in the locker room.

Luckily the Suns have Bledsoe to carry them now (sarcasm).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kanter gets away with a lot of pushing, warding off, clearing out etc. I don't watch them often but I'd be surprised if he didn't have a problem staying on the court against most teams.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone picked up Kendall Marshall or Shannon Brown?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Oh, and someone needs to tell Bledsoe to STOP trying to block every shot and gamble on trying to intercept passes. It is not worth picking up that many fouls.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe 1-10 from the field.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a heck of a pass by Ish, he's having a very strong half so far. If Bledsoe could shoot we'd be blowing these guys out.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard