Bulls @ Suns 11-18-15

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns are struggling to get stops when they have the chance to get the lead.

We're playing with a lot of effort just need better execution and some luck.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Can I blame Morris exclusively if we lose? Dude is just waisted matter on the court.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kieff does not rotate on defense ever.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to be a nail biting final min
Hopefully the suns get a few stops and hit key shots
Nice game by booker such a nice shot release

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jimmy Butler is killing us. That guy is sooooo much better than I thought he'd ever be.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kieff with the diving hustle play to keep hope alive

Bulls are tough though, I'd be very suprised is we pull this off

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh bulls 6 pt lead min left in 4th
To bad but a good comeback effort by the suns.
To bad warren wasn't playing this gm

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feels like we're a couple "addition by subtractions" away from being a pretty good team.

I know Bledsoe and Knight look a lot better when Markieff isn't pumping the breaks on the offense and clogging the lane.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jeff Hornacek needs to finally grow the balls to bench Kieff.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Considering how badly they got out-shot (49%-41% FG, 47%-30% 3FG, 86%-71% FT), the Suns did very well to lose by only 6.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Jeff Hornacek needs to finally grow the balls to bench Kieff.

I am not here to defend Kieff by any means but Hornacek has no clue as to how to coach offense. Keiff sucks balls but he is not the only problem. This offense, is very offensive.

How in the world does Booker get no shots in the first half when we are shooting below 40 % as a team. If I were the coach Bledsoe and Knight would have been given plays to get Booker the freaking ball. I thought the main idea is to spread the floor and give Knight and Bledsoe room to go to the hoop. If Bledsoe and Knight take all the shots who is going to space the floor.

Booker took a total of 3 shots tonight (criminal) because ball hogs Bledsoe and Knight would not pass the ball to anyone. He scored 6 points on those 3 shots.

Len was great when he was given passes in the flow of the offense 3 for 3 6 points.

While Hornacek keeps both Booker and Len on the bench he allows Bledsoe and Knight to jack up shots at will. They did that even when they were on the court with both Booker and Len.

Bledsoe 7 for 22 (Mostly horrible shots - most of the made baskets were on fast breaks) 21 points on 22 shots - not going to get it done

Knight 8 for 20 (Mostly horrible shots - most of the made baskets were on fast breaks) 23 points on 20 shots - not going to get it done

Bledsoe and Knight are not the 2nd coming of Lebron James or Michael Jordan. They are not capable of winning games by themselves. They need to keep their teammates involved and get the ball in the right spots for this team to reach its potential.

Hornacek certainly has these guys playing hard but unless they learn how share the ball while creating and taking good shots they are never going to reach their potential.

I put this loss squarely on the coach. He definitely needs to grow some balls but Kieff is not the only one that deserves blame for this loss.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They lost, but it was a exciting game to watch. Booker is nails! That dude can shot.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I am not here to defend Kieff by any means but Hornacek has no clue as to how to coach offense. Keiff sucks balls but he is not the only problem. This offense, is very offensive.

How in the world does Booker get no shots in the first half when we are shooting below 40 % as a team. If I were the coach Bledsoe and Knight would have been given plays to get Booker the freaking ball. I thought the main idea is to spread the floor and give Knight and Bledsoe room to go to the hoop. If Bledsoe and Knight take all the shots who is going to space the floor.

Booker took a total of 3 shots tonight (criminal) because ball hogs Bledsoe and Knight would not pass the ball to anyone. He scored 6 points on those 3 shots.

Len was great when he was given passes in the flow of the offense 3 for 3 6 points.

While Hornacek keeps both Booker and Len on the bench he allows Bledsoe and Knight to jack up shots at will. They did that even when they were on the court with both Booker and Len.

Bledsoe 7 for 22 (Mostly horrible shots - most of the made baskets were on fast breaks) 21 points on 22 shots - not going to get it done

Knight 8 for 20 (Mostly horrible shots - most of the made baskets were on fast breaks) 23 points on 20 shots - not going to get it done

Bledsoe and Knight are not the 2nd coming of Lebron James or Michael Jordan. They are not capable of winning games by themselves. They need to keep their teammates involved and get the ball in the right spots for this team to reach its potential.

Hornacek certainly has these guys playing hard but unless they learn how share the ball while creating and taking good shots they are never going to reach their potential.

I put this loss squarely on the coach. He definitely needs to grow some balls but Kieff is not the only one that deserves blame for this loss.

gosh you need to shut up, seriously.

Bledsoe and Knight are the go-to guys on this team.

To say they did that even with Booker or Len on the court is hilarious. Booker is a rook and Len has not shown anything to warrant constantly touching the ball on offense.

What infuritates me is that Teletovic played 13 minutes and Leuer just 6. Also that Goodwin played very well recently but as soon as Ronnie freaking Price is back Goodwin is back to 6 minutes.

That is a joke.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching this game, it seems to me that the Suns will beat the average to below average teams this year. They will struggle against the all above average teams because they are a few players short of being that really good team. The bright side is they have a lot of young players and seems they will be REALLY good at some point. Hopefully its sometime this year. Just IMO from watching them up to this point in the season

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns didn't play perfect but sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other guy and move on. Butler was out of his mind in the 4th.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls ball movement in the first quarter creating easy shots doomed the Suns, plus of course a tremendous performance by Jimmy Butler. Markieff Morris was a liability last night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, forgot to mention, Jimmy Butler schooled Devin Booker on a couple of shots. This should help Booker to be a better defensive player later on. I bet Booker will remember those fakes.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score

To say they did that even with Booker or Len on the court is hilarious. Booker is a rook and Len has not shown anything to warrant constantly touching the ball on offense.

What infuritates me is that Teletovic played 13 minutes and Leuer just 6. Also that Goodwin played very well recently but as soon as Ronnie freaking Price is back Goodwin is back to 6 minutes.

That is a joke.

You really need to open your eyes. Bledsoe and Knight are the highest paid guys on this team and are supposed to be team leaders. Playing out of control and jacking up horrible shots on most nights is not being a good leader, IMO.

Goodwin sucks balls as well. He is terrible, I have no idea what you and others see in him. He is a guard that cannot shoot. Granted I would rather see him than Weems or Price but Booker should be the first guard off the bench to replace either Bledsoe or Knight, it is not even close. Price should only play due to extreme foul trouble or injury.

I guess in your world it is OK for Booker to never get the ball while watching Bledsoe and Knight jack up off balance 3 pointers while never passing the ball. The good thing is that it reduces turnovers, but is horrible for the team shooting percentage. I am just tired of the isolation crap that this coach allows on a nightly basis.

My hope is that we see more nights of Knight getting 15 assists while getting others involved. The same goes for Bledsoe. They both have the skills to get that done.

Both Knight and Bledsoe ran a pick and roll with Len and it turned into an easy bucket, each time. Rarely do I see that play run with this group. Somehow we need to get our bigs more involved other than on the defensive end and offensive rebounds. They do try to get Morris involved but he is just horrible and needs to go. I think both Len and Chandler are more than capable if given the chance.

Unfortunately on most nights Bledsoe and Knight are our designated chuckers and it seems to be the plan from our coach because he allows it.

I doubt that would be allowed in San Antonio or Golden State.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score

That is a joke.

Your go-to guys have led this team to the following team stats, that is what I am concerned about. I could give a crap sack about them personally.

#29th in assists only Detroit has fewer assists on a nightly basis.

#24 in turnovers - thank goodness we never pass the ball, it appears that we would just create more turnovers, maybe that's the plan to reduce turnovers.

If you think those are good numbers, so be it.

I prefer to watch a team that shares the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard