Suns @ Rockets game thread 1-28-18

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the referees are trying to help the Rockets along with their calls.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Rockets 60 - Suns 53

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I’m all in for the tank now.

I am officially hoping for a Suns loss every game. I was looking at the standings this morning and there is currently no clear cut worst team.

I think the Suns need to start NOW!
I have faith that god willing the Suns could win the worst record.

from phone

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I just don't think the young Suns have learned this is the NBA you are fouled on every play and that there is very little chance you will get the call.

Plus they don't know how to get the calls.

Bender needs to be sent to the G league and told he can't come back until he can average 20+ points a game. Learn to score and stop being a scared kid.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Ok

I hope somebody with friends in high places can pass this message along. I am in possession of a brand new unopened Aroma rice steamer. This is a high quality item and I am willing to include it in any deal that gets Greg Monroe out of Phoenix.
I find it difficult to criticize a Center in the prime of his career, who can score and rebound, who is brought here to be 3rd Center (behind Alex Len??), playing only in back-to-back games or to cover injury. And to not be rusty under those circumstances. I respect the way Monroe has been diplomatic and not made waves.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

I am officially hoping for a Suns loss every game. I was looking at the standings this morning and there is currently no clear cut worst team.

from phone
Sad thing is I don't think we need to tank. We just don't have the talent to win many games. I still think Dallas will hit rock bottom first this year.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I find it difficult to criticize a Center in the prime of his career, who can score and rebound, who is brought here to be 3rd Center (behind Alex Len??), playing only in back-to-back games or to cover injury. And to not be rusty under those circumstances. I respect the way Monroe has been diplomatic and not made waves.
Don’t you think EJ’s constant pumping is an attempt to drum up trade interest?

Monroe is everything you said. He is totally out of place here. Unless you feel that his minutes increase the chances of the Suns getting the #1 pick.

from phone

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just think after this summer we should never have this discussion again for a long, long time.

Only a few months to go.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny stuff.

Harden driving for a layup and Chandler backs away.

Smart man... Harden would have turned it into a +1 and a flagrant.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Jackson is 0-9 with zero points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So agree. Monroe has been professional about the situation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chriss, Bender, Jackson and Ulis have combined for 7 points thus far.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God this is ugly. They need to blow this up this offseason clearly we missed on Chriss and Bender

I really really wanted Josh Jackson but my god man he's horrible can you honestly say you wouldn't rather have Lauri

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the Suns play is akin to liking the smell of napalm in the morning. :sad:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God this is ugly. They need to blow this up this offseason clearly we missed on Chriss and Bender

I really really wanted Josh Jackson but my god man he's horrible can you honestly say you wouldn't rather have Lauri

Clearly the Suns are not making the right choices in the draft. Players should be able to do at least one thing really well to be drafted.

I was a fan of Fox but Markkanen would have been the best choice where the Suns drafted.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson now 0-11 from the field.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clearly the Suns are not making the right choices in the draft. Players should be able to do at least one thing really well to be drafted.

I was a fan of Fox but Markkanen would have been the best choice where the Suns drafted.

I mean that's not really true. Jackson was the right pick and nearly everyone wanted him but he's just bad.

I wanted Chriss and was jumping up and down when we drafted him and his first year he was spectacular and showed flashes all the time but he's taken a huge step back. It's not his talent it's his attitude that's the problem

I was happy with Jackson and Chriss when they were picked but they are just bad

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need to make trades and add free agents but the Suns have room on their roster for multiple rookies.

This roster does not have enough talent to win.