Suns @ Jazz 3-17-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Jazz tonight with a 6 p.m. Arizona tip-off.

Here are some comments from Paul Coro at azcentral and the starting lineups.

If Suns guard Brandon Knight was not already dealing with returning from a sports hernia, the knee he took to his lower back Monday night against Minnesota might have bothered him more.

Knight finished the Suns win but still felt the repercussions of the hit Thursday morning at the team's shootaround In Salt Lake City. He is not worried about that when a return from a sports hernia that sidelined him seven weeks is feeling no better than “OK so far.”

“If I can come out and be in a position to do more, that’s good,” Knight said. “I’m going to give all I can, whatever I do have. I think that’s better than most. As long as I’m helping my team win and I’m not taking away from how we’re playing, I’m all for that.”

Knight has credited the athletic training staff for the improvement with his groin strain and said he will continue to get treatment and monitor its progress.

“I’m just happy to be back, happy to be playing,” Knight said. “No matter how I feel, I’m just going to come out and try to get a win.”

I didn't quite understand the meaning of the comment in bold.

However, if Knight is not 100%, I not sure why he is playing. He should be more than "OK."

C: Tyson Chandler … Rudy Gobert

PF: Alex Len … Derrick Favors

SF: P.J. Tucker … Joe Ingles

SG: Devin Booker … Rodney Hood

PG: Brandon Knight … Shelvin Mack

Key Jazz reserves: Trevor Booker, Trey Burke, Chris Johnson, Trey Lyles, Raul Neto.

Key Jazz injuries: Alec Burks (left leg fracture) and Dante Exum (left knee surgery) are out. Gordon Hayward (right foot plantar fasciitis) is day-to-day. Tibor Pleiss is on a D-League assignment.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...night-feels-ok-so-far-3-game-return/81926960/

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

However, if Knight is not 100%, I not sure why he is playing. He should be more than "OK."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...night-feels-ok-so-far-3-game-return/81926960/

Knight is dealing with more injuries in Phoenix than he ever has in his career before. Frustrating as I'm sure it doesn't do his trade value any favors.

As for the bolded, I think he's saying that even at less than 100%, he's still better than "most" of the roster.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's interesting. It makes me wonder if they've perhaps discussed the possibility of resting him for the remainder and he's just helping lay the groundwork for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knight is dealing with more injuries in Phoenix than he ever has in his career before. Frustrating as I'm sure it doesn't do his trade value any favors.

As for the bolded, I think he's saying that even at less than 100%, he's still better than "most" of the roster.

I don't think this comes out right, especially if he is still struggling from injuries. He probably did not think twice about it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think this comes out right, especially if he is still struggling from injuries. He probably did not think twice about it.

At first blush it seemed like he might be taking a shot at a teammate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was but I had to read it a second time to come up with a more harmless interpretation.

If I say anything open to interpretation, please look for be best meaning. :)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if Len can stay out of foul trouble tonight. Gobert/Favors is a handful to deal with, I want too see if Len is learning and can stay disciplined enough to not foul.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if Len can stay out of foul trouble tonight. Gobert/Favors is a handful to deal with, I want too see if Len is learning and can stay disciplined enough to not foul.

If Len can hit the outside shot, he can pose a problem. Also as you say, he needs to stay out of foul trouble.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Knight shooting way too much, and hardly any are good shots.

7 shot attempts in the first QTR for our "PG". 7 pts on 7 shot attempts.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I wouldn't mind it if that is what he meant because it's probably true. Knight at 70% is probably still better than any guard we currently have except Booker. But he doesn't seem like one to take a shot so could be misinterpreted.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Knight is the worst alley-oop passer in the history of the NBA for sure. I have no idea why he even keeps trying.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns do not have a PG with the exception of Bledsoe.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Knight's passing is a joke, he is so easy to read unreal. He is simply a shooting guard and the Suns should finally realize that and stop playing him as a PG.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Knight and Mirza weren't back on the team next year I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Both guys are useless when their jumpers aren't falling.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Teletovic has to be one of the most one-dimensional players ever. He does absolutely nothing well besides hoisting up shots. I cringe everytime he touches the ball and does not hoist up a jumper because he rarely ever makes a good decision imo.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If Knight and Mirza weren't back on the team next year I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Both guys are useless when their jumpers aren't falling.

I fully agree. By far the 2 players that I don't enjoy watching one bit.

Mirza is a sieve on defense and an incredibly low iq offensive player too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knight's passing is a joke, he is so easy to read unreal. He is simply a shooting guard and the Suns should finally realize that and stop playing him as a PG.

I totally agree. Booker, Knight and perhaps Bogdan would be nice at the SG position. The Suns need a PG or two to back up Bledsoe.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Knights biggest problem might not even be his passing, I think it is his footwork and ballhandling.

Knight just can't break down a defense, can't navigate through traffice and simply can't create passing lanes.

He is a shooting guard plain and simple. Move him in the offseason.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Although you're absolutely right, the sad part is that, even if Bledsoe were healthy, it puts a lot of pressure on Booker, as a gifted Shooting Guard who is also (as it turns out) the most skilled Point Guard on the team. How to drain a 19-year old future star.

I put that on McDonough. It is his job to fill needs even, and especially, when hit with injuries. And if, in fact, he is trying to tank, go with legitimate Point Guards even if they are mediocre.

The Suns still seem to be a team without a plan. I'd be curious if any of you could identify the Suns plan at this time. Seriously!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knights biggest problem might not even be his passing, I think it is his footwork and ballhandling.

Knight just can't break down a defense, can't navigate through traffice and simply can't create passing lanes.

He is a shooting guard plain and simple. Move him in the offseason.

I don't think he will find his position (SG) with the Suns so a trade might be the best thing. I have a feeling the Suns will never let it go.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Booker is not a better PG than Bledsoe.
I have never seen Booker go up in the air and not know to whom he's passing.

Even at 19, Booker has more court sense than Bledsoe.

But I still don't want to see Booker worn out as the facilitator. He is a legitimate Shooting Guard, in size and skills.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns put in Alan Williams with about two minutes left.