Jazz @ Suns 11-1-13

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chambers has a purple Suns cup... I want.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I wonder how some of the tankers are feeling tonight. Mind you, I really hope they're terrible and get a top 3 pick. But I cannot actively root for them to lose.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wonder how some of the tankers are feeling tonight. Mind you, I really hope they're terrible and get a top 3 pick. But I cannot actively root for them to lose.

Wait, the great PhrAZZ said the Suns would only win 4 games this year. WHAT IS GOING ON?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
What a team effort! Seven subs played 9-25 minutes with all of them scoring and all but one with at least one rebound.

And individually . . .

Bledsoe scored the last 17 points for the Suns (of his 18) including the 3-pointer to break the tie for the win, while Dragic was in the locker room with a face contusion. What was our biggest need last season? A go-to guy.

Plumlee with another double-double (as EJ predicted before the game) with 13 points and 13 boards.

Tucker carrying the team in the 1st half.

Dionte Christmas with 9 points and 4 rebounds taking over the 2-Guard position in the 2nd half.

And Ish Smith with 5 rebounds in 12 minutes.

As everyone here has been saying, we just want the games to be fun to watch. It sure was.

2-0 to start the season but now we go on the road including a back-to-back. It's good to know that we can choose from 12-deep to keep the guys fresh. And that, as the season progresses, we'll have two solid Centers.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, the great PhrAZZ said the Suns would only win 4 games this year. WHAT IS GOING ON?

That's childish and cowardly. You have no business calling someone an ASS but at least have the courage to do it outright instead of trying to maintain implausible deniability. And I'd love to see the quote where Phrazbit put us down for 4 games.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Impressive showing for Bledsoe, but what I want to know is whether he can set up his teammates.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive showing for Bledsoe, but what I want to know is whether he can set up his teammates.

He had 6 assists in limited minutes of a fairly low scoring game. I'm more concerned what will happen when defenses start forcing him to hit the mid-range jumper. BTW, he had easily the best looking assist pass of the game today.

Steve

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's childish and cowardly. You have no business calling someone an ASS but at least have the courage to do it outright instead of trying to maintain implausible deniability. And I'd love to see the quote where Phrazbit put us down for 4 games.

Steve

Nothing gets by uuu.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At the most. I wonder how Dragic will take to Bledsoe doing it all himself down the stretch.

This backcourt probably doesn't work. But not because it fails on it's value, which is what you originally implied. It fails because the best player isn't getting the ball. Bledsoe should be traded now while the Suns can achieve maximum value.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd trade him. The Suns have lacked a certain "swagger" and Bledsoe seems to have it. But I get the feeling that he's going to want to bolt ASAP, causing a bunch of drama in the offseason.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
This backcourt probably doesn't work. But not because it fails on it's value, which is what you originally implied. It fails because the best player isn't getting the ball. Bledsoe should be traded now while the Suns can achieve maximum value.

Dragic is hardly "the best player".

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great game. It's concerning that Bledsoe only played well after Dragic went out.

I still think we should keep Goran cause I think he's a guy that would be an effective 6th man on a Suns team that becomes a contender. And according to our brilliant and freaking amazing GM, it shouldn't take long.

Only reason I would trade Goran is if we get blown away by a great offer or if Bledsoe asks us to choose between him and Dragic. With Bledsoe being younger and having a higher ceiling, I think you have to go with Bledsoe.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think Plumlee has the size to play center nightly so it would be great if these two could work together. If you solve your power positions it makes everything else a lot easier.

Steve

Plumlee's played very well so far. He's averaged a double double and knows how to finish and rebounds extremely well.

Kanter, one of the better young Cs in the NBA, needed 22 shots to score 20 pts against Plumlee.

Plus considering how much we love to run, I don't think Hornacek wil be in favor of playing two 7 footers at the same time. Especially when our spacing already sucks as it is.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
With Bledsoe being younger and having a higher ceiling, I think you have to go with Bledsoe.

The question is, would you rather have Goran at 7-8 per year, or Bledsoe at 12-15?

I think that answer is pretty simple.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I believe I pegged us for 22, a number I still expect us to land around... and I believe you, despite blasting everyone else's predictions, never had the balls to make your own predictions... well, except for your brilliant "Kelly Olynyk ROY".

Speaking of Olynyk... I didnt know PER could actually go into the negatives! :D

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question is, would you rather have Goran at 7-8 per year, or Bledsoe at 12-15?

We can wait and see if Bledsoe sustains a high level of play and what he actually gets. Point guard is probably the most saturated position around the league and there are a lot of really good players at the position that are not on max deals.

I said this summer, I think Bledsoe will immediately be our best player, and I feel stronger about that now than before. Bledsoe has already shown that he is in another world from Dragic as a defender, he is really disruptive on that end. And physically the guy is truly among the NBA's elite athletes. You NEED those guys.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If Bledsoe shows he's an all star caliber player throughout this season, then I think you go with Bledsoe.

We have to play the wait & see game with him though. Have to see how he plays this whole season. So far, so good.

Errntknght

Reaction score
That was about as physical as any Suns game I've ever seen - the refs let them play, too. Great to see! Utah got a little bit the better of it but their bigs are considerably more experienced. Tucker against Hayward was a great matchup. I'm glad we got to keep Ish Smith, he can't shoot but he does a good job of keeping the fastbreak going. Fairly good, pesky defender, too. Dionte Christmas looked good in his first NBA game.

Did you watch the post game? If you did you got to see Bledsoe smile - but he never cracks one during the game. He often looks kind of pissed off but maybe thats just his game face.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yea Ish Smith really did good. I think he's better than the Jazz starting PG.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dragic is hurt. He may be in the locker room.

Luckily the Suns have Bledsoe to carry them now (sarcasm).
Not sure why the sarcasm is needed. Suns get blown out in this game without Bledsoe.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Accordingly, I expect Plumlee in early foul trouble, Bledsloe shooting 25% from the field and the Suns getting blown out in a boring game.
Sorry to disappoint you :D

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think there were risks however it went down but I have to say, I was hoping they'd reach a reasonable deal. I just don't see how we benefit letting it play out. I'm now firmly in the showcase and trade him camp. I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be your number one guy.

Steve
Rumor has it online that he wanted the max.