Suns @ Wizards 11-21-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Wizards tonight with a 5 p.m. Arizona start time. It looks like the Suns will start a three PG lineup tonight. TJ Warren remains out.

Here are the projected starting lineups from Paul Coro at azcentral and much more at the link below.

C:
Alex Len … Marcin Gortat

PF: Marquese Chriss …. Markieff Morris

SF: Devin Booker … Otto Porter Jr.

SG: Brandon Knight … Bradley Beal

PG: Eric Bledsoe … John Wall

Key Wizards reserves: Tomas Satoransky, Kelly Oubre Jr., Marcus Thornton, Jason Smith, Andrew Nicholson.

Key Wizards injuries: Ian Mahinmi (knee surgery) is out; Danuel House Jr. is on D-League assignment.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-warren-out-brandon-knight-start-dc/94227586/

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would be nice to see the suns get a win here....

Hoping Bledsoe and Booker have good gms

How long is Warren Out?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to see the suns get a win here....

Hoping Bledsoe and Booker have good gms

How long is Warren Out?

Good question. I have not heard much about Warren being out. Reportedly he is ill.

It would be good to see the Suns get a win tonight and even better to see Tyler Ulis get more playing time.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup also hoping bender plays some meaningful min tonight as well

Go Suns!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is looking good early.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker does not have the lift he previously had before the ankle injury. However, he is old school and wants to play through it. I'm not sure if this is the best strategy for him or the Suns.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Suns looked really bad on that trap.

from phone

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knight is just awful. I don't know if they could get another team to be willing to take him and his contract while giving up anything of value.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Devin Booker does not have the lift he previously had before the ankle injury. However, he is old school and wants to play through it. I'm not sure if this is the best strategy for him or the Suns.
This is where Earl Watson's inexperience hurts him. Most veteran coaches would see this and sit him. If a casual fan like me called this weeks ago then an NBA HC making more money than me to do nothing but basketball should see it too.

However when you're a new inexperienced coach, you aren't going to try and piss off the franchise player so that's probably why Watson's just letting Booker do whatever he wants even if it means it will hurt Watson, Booker himself and the Suns as a franchise in the long run.

Phoenix has absolutely nothing to gain from him playing through such an injury and everything to lose. Suns have more than enough young talent in the backcourt (Ulis) and on the wings (Bender) who could take his minutes if he needs some time off.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I agree Booker should sit out some games to get healthy.

Love that the bench brought us back in the 2nd quarter with gung ho combo guards Bledsoe and Knight on the bench. A1, Duds, Barbs and Ulis (and Tucker). Ulis should get as many minutes as Knight by now. They're a better team with him on the floor. Also no Bender?

Earl what the hell. Why stick with useless Bledsoe and Knight the entire third quarter? I'm starting to think we have the wrong coach. I'm not hating him I just expect more from an NBA head coach.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If the doctors clear him to play he should play, he is obviously cleared to play.

Earl Watson is doing a good job, the young guys are playing more than they ever did under our former head coaches and while the record is disappointing lets remember that we are one of the youngest teams in the league and the optimistic projections were around 35 wins.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Worst opening home loss in history, bender not playing, tucker and knight shooting career lows, losses to the worst teams in the league, rotations sucking...oh yeah, it's a stellar performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As long as it keeps us in the hunt for a top selection in this draft I'm good. Number 2 pick at present! Can we keep up this pace?????

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Knight is just awful. I don't know if they could get another team to be willing to take him and his contract while giving up anything of value.

Yes, I realize that he's had a couple of good games recently, but if you watch the team on the floor when Knight comes in, the offense GRINDS to a halt.

You can see that they are making a conscious effort to get him the ball and it really disrupts the flow of the offense.

When Booker is out there, Bled looks confident and secure. When BK is out there his play totally changes.

I dont think BK's trade value is going to increase unless he starts dropping 30 every night. So the Suns need to decide to either play him big minutes and hope he flashes up on some teams radar, or just go ahead and trade him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I realize that he's had a couple of good games recently, but if you watch the team on the floor when Knight comes in, the offense GRINDS to a halt.

You can see that they are making a conscious effort to get him the ball and it really disrupts the flow of the offense.

When Booker is out there, Bled looks confident and secure. When BK is out there his play totally changes.

I dont think BK's trade value is going to increase unless he starts dropping 30 every night. So the Suns need to decide to either play him big minutes and hope he flashes up on some teams radar, or just go ahead and trade him.

If there is a trade out there for Knight, I think the Suns should do it although it would likely mean them taking back a bad contract in the mix.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As long as it keeps us in the hunt for a top selection in this draft I'm good. Number 2 pick at present! Can we keep up this pace?????
I certainly think so. The rookies won't develop overnight and injuries will eventually occur. NBA Draft Net has us at #5, but the Top 3 (NO, PHI, WAS) have all beaten us convincingly so far this year.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If there is a trade out there for Knight, I think the Suns should do it although it would likely mean them taking back a bad contract in the mix.
They could probably trade one of the Miami picks to get rid of him.

Booker is already starting to pick up many of Knight's bad habits like taking awful shots early in the shot clock so the longer Knight is kept on the roster, the more damage he does to the young kids on this team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They could probably trade one of the Miami picks to get rid of him.

Booker is already starting to pick up many of Knight's bad habits like taking awful shots early in the shot clock so the longer Knight is kept on the roster, the more damage he does to the young kids on this team.

What an absurd proposal... if someone else floated such a dopey idea you'd blast them. We're miles under the cap, they're better off just cutting him if as opposed to pairing him with assets.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe someone thinks of knight as a "buy low" opportunity. His contract isn't horrible by today's standards. I think we could move him without taking back bad contract or having to throw in assets. I just don't think we get any return on him

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maybe someone thinks of knight as a "buy low" opportunity. His contract isn't horrible by today's standards. I think we could move him without taking back bad contract or having to throw in assets. I just don't think we get any return on him
No return is still a net positive considering he won't be on the team anymore.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Get a 3 and D player who is content in backup role.

Or do we need more scoring from the bench? An explosive slasher kind of player? A player like... Archie Goodwin!?

Just kidding. Need a bench SG that can give us 12-15 ppg with decent shot and defence (Barbosa with better defence?). Ulis takes backup PG.

Last edited: