300 (Frank Miller)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about some Jena Malone cracks too? Come on!! Haven't you guys seen Saved? Where Jena Malone's boyfriend is gay?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about some Jena Malone cracks too? Come on!! Haven't you guys seen Saved? Where Jena Malone's boyfriend is gay?
Yes, and sleeping with him didn't even "cure" him of his gayness...;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah...the movie.

Bad Ass. With a capital F. The style was great, the soundtrack was amazing. The fighting, awesome..the story, awesome. Great lines...very good movie.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
$70M opening weekend!

"We felt we were going to be between $35 and 40 million," said Dan Fellman, Warner Bros.' president of distribution.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
This movie kicked ass. Loved it from start to finish. It was better than I thought it would be, and I thought it would be awesome.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made the rare trek out to the theatre to catch this one.

Great story, directing, score, photography, fight scenes.

One great movie that I was glad that I saw at the theatres.

My only complaint is that I thought I was going to be able to catch this at the IMAX.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my pet peeves, is watching retards take their infants and 2-3 year olds to see a rated -R- movie. What the hell is wrong with you people. My son (5) is finally going to see his first movie (TMNT) next week. Yet another reason I try and stay away from the theatre experience.

Hearing a baby crying takes away from the effect.

I thought the trailers for The Invisible and Spidey 3 were quite good.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give 300 :thumbup: :thumbup: The cinematography was awesome.

Saw it Saturday, great movie. We took my girlfriends family to the movies, kids wanted to see Ghostrider but her nephew was down for 300 so he and I and her dad all watched it.

Very violent but how could it not be given the story.

Whoever the actor was playing Leoneidis(sp?) I predict great things from, has a definite Russell Crowe in Gladiator feel to him as an actor.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
300 is a great movie. I saw it twice this weekend and liked it even more the second time around, which I think is a sign of a great movie.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my pet peeves, is watching retards take their infants and 2-3 year olds to see a rated -R- movie. What the hell is wrong with you people. My son (5) is finally going to see his first movie (TMNT) next week. Yet another reason I try and stay away from the theatre experience.

Hearing a baby crying takes away from the effect.
I saw Nightmare on Elm Street 5 at the midnight movies and some ******* behind me had their kid with them--probably about 4 years old, because he was old enough to be asking things like, "Why is he doing that to her?" etc. throughout the movie. I was so angry that someone would bring a child that age into the theater--at that hour. Some parents just don't deserve their children.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever the actor was playing Leoneidis(sp?) I predict great things from, has a definite Russell Crowe in Gladiator feel to him as an actor.

He is freaking Gerard Butler, who played the Phantom in the movie version of Phantom of the Opera. Really different roles...he's awesome. I was really impressed with him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is freaking Gerard Butler, who played the Phantom in the movie version of Phantom of the Opera. Really different roles...he's awesome. I was really impressed with him.

Whoa, I thought I had heard his name somewhere. I may have to watch Opera now.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.petitiononline.com/wpci96c/petition.html

:p I signed it just because I'm Persian. They have a point, but unless I am totally disgusted by how they portray them in the movie then I don't care because if it was any other empire it wouldn't matter to me what they made them look like probably.
Yeah, and that petition isn't distorted, either. Here's where I stopped reading:
" It is a proven scholarly fact that the Persian Empire in 480 B.C was the most magnificent and civilized empire."

Isn't "most magnificent" subjective?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and that petition isn't distorted, either. Here's where I stopped reading:
" It is a proven scholarly fact that the Persian Empire in 480 B.C was the most magnificent and civilized empire."

Isn't "most magnificent" subjective?

Let me guess, they didn't think that Persians being portrayed as immortal was flattering either?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Let me guess, they didn't think that Persians being portrayed as immortal was flattering either?
They were called The Immortals but I hear they looked like orcs in the movie and were shown to be terrible people. Edit, not sure about terrible people, but the really bad guys, the evil people.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were called The Immortals but I hear they looked like orcs in the movie and were shown to be terrible people. Edit, not sure about terrible people, but the really bad guys, the evil people.

You mean that there were Orcs fighting in that battle?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That petition is stupid. The descendants of Ephialtes should probably sue for making him look like a grotesque hunchback beast.

It's a movie...if people actually buy that The Immortals were orc-like beasts they've got more problems than not admiring the finer aspects of Persian society...they've got problems only medicine can solve.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Movie review that was in the AZ Republic last week when I read it in school...I personally don't really mind this. I'm definitely going to see this, hopefully at IMAX on Saturday with my dad.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going by description of the movie review. Hollywood models vs. Orc look-alikes.
So what. In this particular movie the Perisans were the bad guys. It's not a docudrama. It's a story that is BASED in a true story--it's not a history lesson.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dappy1