Your unpopular take/opinion for this draft?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think you could get 50% of a player like Jaylen Waddle in round 3 let alone 90%.

I feel like you can draft quality ILBs after round 1 more than anything.

Fred Warner
Darius Leonard
Eric Kendricks
Demario Davis
Bobby Wagner
Lavonte David

All have been the best ILBs in the game for a while & none of them were drafted on Day 1. What also stands out about this is that at their best, they were/are behind stout DLines(not the case for Wagner & Kendricks anymore/as of now).

Investing a round 1 pick on a ILB when you have a bad DL is just bad investing. I’d rather draft Barmore over Collins if anything.

Fair enough. I don't think our D line is terrible though. Average maybe when fully healthy. I'm not a Barmore fan though.

But you argument could be applied to ILB too. Yeah you can get a good guy in lower rounds but not a 6'4" 260lb 4.5 guy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With just speed, sure.

Not along with YAC machines, great hands, good route runners, & overall game-breakers like Waddle. Waddle just doesn’t have regular speed, he has transcendent speed.
Yes this. And wiggle. I can’t say he’s tyreek, but I can say that’s the image that pops into my head when I think of waddle in the nfl. That’s something big.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
@Brian in Mesa shared this on TJwitter and I think it may be considered "A PROBLEM". :lol:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Just think, if we had AD, we could just play him all alone on the D line and put all of the 10 other guys in pass defense. And our DL would still be better than what we have now. Awesome!

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
(Almost) seriously wonder what if we simply keep trading back a few spots down from wherever we are, accumulating as many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks as we can. Don't begin drafting until we get as many picks in Rs 2 & 3. Would we still end up with as many new starters as we do with just 2 or 3 picks through R3? Wouldn't we for sure end up with much more and better depth?

It seems to me that as many studs come from Rs 2 and 3 as from R1 in the long run. I guess what I am proposing is that a team would be better off with 3 times as many picks in Rs 2-4 as any team getting a player with just one R1 pick each year.

I know it's not the same thing, but every time I try this in any of the numerous draft simulations I play that allow trades, I sure like the drafts I do better than just having 1 pick per early rounds. Try it and see what you get. (Keep in mind to only accept or make trades that are reasonable per the Value Charts and to reject all others.) You can accumulate a lot of early round picks by just trading back a few spots at a time when available trades are within 50 points of being fair and/or equal per the Value Chart.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
(Almost) seriously wonder what if we simply keep trading back a few spots down from wherever we are, accumulating as many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks as we can. Don't begin drafting until we get as many picks in Rs 2 & 3. Would we still end up with as many new starters as we do with just 2 or 3 picks through R3? Wouldn't we for sure end up with much more and better depth?

It seems to me that as many studs come from Rs 2 and 3 as from R1 in the long run. I guess what I am proposing is that a team would be better off with 3 times as many picks in Rs 2-4 as any team getting a player with just one R1 pick each year.

I know it's not the same thing, but every time I try this in any of the numerous draft simulations I play with that allow trades, I sure like the drafts I do better than just having 1 pick per early rounds. Try it and see what you get. (Keep in mind to only accept or make trades that are reasonable per the Value Charts and to reject all others.) You can accumulate a lot of early round picks by just trading back a few spots at a time when available trades are within 50 points of being fair and equal per the Value Chart.
Honestly, I don't hate the idea of trading down for more picks. Lots of holes, little money.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Trade our 2021 draft to the Rams for Jalen Ramsey and a 2022 third round pick

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
With just speed, sure.

Not along with YAC machines, great hands, good route runners, & overall game-breakers like Waddle. Waddle just doesn’t have regular speed, he has transcendent speed.
I concede that you keep up with the Alabama program more than I do, but I don't see him in the way you see him. Part of that is sample size. 106 receptions and 1999 yards total in three seasons so not a ton of production. 3 special teams TDs. Played in a stacked offense so I am inherently skeptical of his production. Not that it isn't valid, it is just that he gets so many one on one matchups against college CBs. He looks fast, but I don't see the transcendent and I don't see a body frame that is going to break tackles in the NFL for RAC.

That said, if you look at what we lack as a team, top KR, top PR, and vertical speed WR...I gte that there is a strong argument that Waddle checks off all 3 in one pick.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Part of that is sample size. 106 receptions and 1999 yards total in three seasons so not a ton of production.
It was really two and a half seasons since he got injured after his 4th game. Well on his way to breaking out big time starting off with 4 straight 120+ yard games and 4 TDs.
played in a stacked offense so I am inherently skeptical of his production. Not that it isn't valid, it is just that he gets so many one on one matchups against college CBs.
You can say this about Ja'Marr Chase, verbatim. However, you're not going to for some reason. You're not going to say Chase was a product of Burrow or Jefferson taking attention off of him like I bet you're thinking about Waddle or even Smith.
He looks fast, but I don't see the transcendent and I don't see a body frame that is going to break tackles in the NFL for RAC.
I would look at that Auburn film from 2019 to truly see his transcendent speed. If you can't see it there, or anywhere else, then man, I just can't help you. I think you believe in that Anti-Bama WR bias you have too much to fairly judge these guys and how they'll do in the league.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It was really two and a half seasons since he got injured after his 4th game. Well on his way to breaking out big time starting off with 4 straight 120+ yard games and 4 TDs.

You can say this about Ja'Marr Chase, verbatim. However, you're not going to for some reason. You're not going to say Chase was a product of Burrow or Jefferson taking attention off of him like I bet you're thinking about Waddle or even Smith.

I would look at that Auburn film from 2019 to truly see his transcendent speed. If you can't see it there, or anywhere else, then man, I just can't help you. I think you believe in that Anti-Bama WR bias you have too much to fairly judge these guys and how they'll do in the league.
I forgot where I put it, but I have had to adjust my perspective a bit for Chase. That said, Jamar Chase was the most productive player in his soph season on a roster with Jefferson and Marshall, Moss and CEH. Jefferson has since gone on to the NFL to be better than Jeudy and Ruggs who both outproduced Waddle, and since Waddle has been outproduced by D Smith. So, Waddle has never once been the best WR option on any team he has been on while Chase has.

As far as Alabama bias, I don't really feel it is that. Anti top 20 bias for WRs who are not physical freaks, probably. And that is one reason I have softened my feelings towards Jamar Chase. If Waddle, Smith or Chase were 6'3 220, I would be right there with you, but they aren't and that makes me feel that they are more limited in how they can win at the next level.

The one argument for Jamar Chase IMO is that he relegated Justin Jefferson to a slot role and then outproduced him as a true Sophomore when Jefferson was a true Junior.