Yi's Agents to ask for a trade from Milwaukee

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
According to SI.com, Yi's agents are going to demand their client's draft rights be traded from Milwaukee and are expected to do so as soon as Friday.

The Bucks were not permitted to attend any of Yi's workouts and GM Larry Harris did not travel to China to see Yi play in person.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I feel bad for Yi. I didn't really like him as a prospect but by all accounts he is very humble and really wants to play in the NBA. I don't think he'd mind playing for the Bucks but it doesn't seem his handlers will allow it and this will only hurt Yi's image with NBA fans.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
China gets no money if Yi doesn't play in the NBA. The agent will relent if the Bucks call his bluff.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Is this considered reverse racism? Granted its masked by a business goal, but what if an agent of some white player demanded his client not go to atlanta or something because there wasnt a large caucasian market?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this considered reverse racism? Granted its masked by a business goal, but what if an agent of some white player demanded his client not go to atlanta or something because there wasnt a large caucasian market?

Im not sure if its racism since its a diferent country and all.. I dont know what it is.. But Im still surprised China let Yao play in Houston.. I wasnt aware of their large Chinese inlfuence..

cly2tw

Reaction score
I think initially, the main chinese concern is tha Yi ought to go somewhere he'd get sufficient playing time, which he actually should get on the lowly Bucks. 2008 Olympic games are around the corner. But, now I think his agent wants to get the marketing issue all solved in one draft. We'll see.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
huh?

its countries not skin color.. he dont know that much english i suppose and prolly wants some of his old traditions to be close.. thats the way i see it..

Whats your point? Skin color is only one part of racism buddy. Race is defined as people related by a common descent. Granted my comparison was using skin color, but demanding a chinese player be traded because there arent chinese around is racism

You got on my case because I had a picture in my sig with black kids and accused it of being racist, but dont think a chinese person refusing tryouts to a white community is anything to be concerned with?

You're off your rocker buddy

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats your point? Skin color is only one part of racism buddy. Race is defined as people related by a common descent. Granted my comparison was using skin color, but demanding a chinese player be traded because there arent chinese around is racism

You got on my case because I had a picture in my sig with black kids and accused it of being racist, but dont think a chinese person refusing tryouts to a white community is anything to be concerned with?

You're off your rocker buddy

Im off my rocker? LOL, tell me something I and the rest of this board doesnt already know.. lol.. But like I said, I dont see how its racism if they want him to be around traditions he's familar with.. Im pretty sure Milwaukee doesnt have it.. And they could be afraid he'll come here and lose way of the Chinese traditions and become too Americanized.. I dont consider this racism..

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Refusing workouts in white cities is:

A.) Racist
B.) Not racist and I'm a dunce.

Dictating where a foreign born rookie will play before he is even a proven NBA talent is:

A.) Arrogant
B.) Not arrogant and I eat paint chips.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Refusing workouts in white cities is:

A.) Racist
B.) Not racist and I'm a dunce.

Dictating where a foreign born rookie will play before he is even a proven NBA talent is:

A.) Arrogant
B.) Not arrogant and I eat paint chips.

:confused:

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
huh?

its countries not skin color.. he dont know that much english i suppose and prolly wants some of his old traditions to be close.. thats the way i see it..

He's actually pretty damn good at English. He's been living in LA for a bit now I think it was. Anyhow, I really doubt it is Yi demanding the trade and it sucks to see him get strung along because of his handlers.

HooverDam

Reaction score
This is why the Bucks should've tried to get Sun Yue, so he would've had at least one other Chinese guy in the city. I hope Yi himself isn't behind this and rather its his crazy government and handlers, either way I hope the Bucks say "you can stay in your impoverished 3rd world country, or you can come play basketball in Milwaukee, those are your choices" and that the league backs them.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why the Bucks should've tried to get Sun Yue, so he would've had at least one other Chinese guy in the city. I hope Yi himself isn't behind this and rather its his crazy government and handlers, either way I hope the Bucks say "you can stay in your impoverished 3rd world country, or you can come play basketball in Milwaukee, those are your choices" and that the league backs them.

China a 3rd world country? lol, i dont think so ..

Hugh D'Man

Veteran
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee!
China a 3rd world country? lol, i dont think so ..

Yah hundreds of millions of people living on subsistence levels, nothing 3rd world about that!

And making every GD shoe in America. This is a whole nother topic...but if you don't realize that China has replaced the manufacturing sector of America, is striving hard to be the worlds #1 economic power and owns 75% of the world's shipping companies, not to mention carries billions of $$ of good ol USA debt notes.....well then sonny...just keep yer head in the sand with the rest of the do-gooding sheeple. The red wave is coming...and its brought to you by the good people of Walmart.

Talking about Chinese World Economics is as depressing as a Suns Draft Party

PS...any tree huggin SOB who buys chinese products should read this
http://www.wrm.org.uy/bulletin/45/China.html

and don't forget to write your congressman

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
You have to give china some credit. Theyve shown that you can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.

-despair.com

HooverDam

Reaction score
Well I don't want to get into a political discussion, the point I was trying to make is that if I was Yi, I'd be happy to be in the US, regardless of the market. I'd rather live in any US city (especially as a millionaire basketball player) than any city in China.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I don't want to get into a political discussion, the point I was trying to make is that if I was Yi, I'd be happy to be in the US, regardless of the market. I'd rather live in any US city (especially as a millionaire basketball player) than any city in China.

You do realize that Yao and Yi have to send over 50% of their earnings back to China, right?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that has a problem with this? I hate when players who are drafted by a certain team basically black mail there way out of playing for a particular team. It happens in other sports to.

What is the point of the draft then? The NBA needs a new rule that doesn't give the player that option. I just don't feel bad for a kid who is going to be a millionaire crying about the team he has to go to. If he doesn't like it, he will get his shot at FA and can go where he wants.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player