Yi to be blocked from Bucks

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody can make Yi or any other player play for an NBA team if he is willing to sit out. I certainly do not blame Yi for this predicament because, like it or not, he has ties to the Chinese government and they pretty much call the shots. They also call many of the shots with the U.S because they finance many of our debts. It seems like every time I go to Wal-Mart I'm continually amazed by all the products made in China. I think Americans need to wake up.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could we pass the ethnic test?

Milwaukee is going to be wanting a lot for Yi.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I forgot who said Yi wouldn't play for the suns. Nooooo way is that correct. He came and watched some suns games and expressed interest didn't he? We were one of the few teams he actually showed blatant interest in by commenting about us and visiting games.

This is a good size market, the most exciting and thus best amount of viewer numbers for games in all the nba (viewers = cashcow for the commies), championship contender, high scoring (statsheet stuffing), and multi-ethnic group with people from france, cananda, and brazil.

The suns might even have been the main destination that Yi was hoping for until stern rigged the atlanta pick since he seems to hate us.

The whole thing about unavailable playing time from bogut already being on that team is one of the most pathetic fake excuses I have ever seen. Completley obvious they are trying to dodge the racism thing.

They want Yi to be on a successful, large market, contending, exciting team where he can shine. Why would chinese basketball fans want to watch him struggle in a small market with the bucks trying to get into the playoffs?

I am sure they don't even see it like that even, I am sure they look on the paper and see the bucks as the third worst team in the nba in a small market and freak out amongst themselves at Yi going to this monstrosity. Not that I am trying to say that them doing this is acceptable, because it is disgusting, but that is pretty much the reason right there.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
So I'm guessing the city of Milwaukee is now seriously reconsidering their desire to change the spelling of the city to MilwaukYi.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
YI should just man up and play for the bucks who cares if they do not have a huge chinese following he will still be getting lots of money from them and a chance to prove he belongs in the nba and not just the china league. It sucks for the bucks because they just ruined a high draft pick because of YI stupidy to not want to play for them but reach for his own values I guess. But this is just plain selfish if you ask me.

cly2tw

Reaction score
YI should just man up and play for the bucks who cares if they do not have a huge chinese following he will still be getting lots of money from them and a chance to prove he belongs in the nba and not just the china league. It sucks for the bucks because they just ruined a high draft pick because of YI stupidy to not want to play for them but reach for his own values I guess. But this is just plain selfish if you ask me.

Name me one who is not selfish.:(

HooverDam

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Bologna there's no Asians in Milwaukee.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. I figured you or Cheese would chime in here eventually.

I had just read a bunch of stuff about this the last time the NFL had issues with the draft. The more I read, the more convinced I am the draft is a sham. I don't believe I ever said constitution. I said the courts could overturn the draft.

Right, I was the idiot that said constitution and I admit it was completely off base, it's clearly an antitrust issue not a constitutional issue.

Where's the smiley where you hit yourself in the forehead for being dumb?

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
What's his choices for contract length? Can he just sign for a year and then have his options open?

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So I assume that the minumim he can sign for is 3 years?

George, this is quite the short response coming from you. I for one enjoy your detailed posted. Don't let me down here. :thumbup:

Rookie contracts are defined by the collective bargaining agreement. In the early 90's it was different and the Warriors tried to get around the limits by signing Chris Weber to a two year deal which would have made him an unrestricted free agent so they could up his salary. He got upset with the team and threatened to just leave, so the Warriors traded him for Googs. It was such a huge fiasco that they changed the rules.

In other words, the answer is "no" they can't do that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rookie contracts are defined by the collective bargaining agreement. In the early 90's it was different and the Warriors tried to get around the limits by signing Chris Weber to a two year deal which would have made him an unrestricted free agent so they could up his salary. He got upset with the team and threatened to just leave, so the Warriors traded him for Googs. It was such a huge fiasco that they changed the rules.

In other words, the answer is "no" they can't do that.
I had no memory of him being on the Wizards. Weird. The mid and late-90's are a blur to me at times. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I had no memory of him being on the Wizards. Weird. The mid and late-90's are a blur to me at times. :)

they had webber, wallace and juwan howard at the same time at one point. and still sucked.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

He wasnt a Wizard. He was a Bullet. Does that help?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Rookie contracts for first-round picks are guaranteed for two years, then have separate team options for the third and fourth years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player