World Series Game 1 5 PM Friday

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I know his bat ain't what it used to be, but he can still pick it at 3rd....and I'm really happy for the old man.

Played in the World Series as a rookie and now again at age 38 he gets a 2nd shot...in what's probably his last year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What is it, the first time in 7 years that the WS didn't include either the Dodgers or Astros - teams bounced by this year's participants?

The 162 provided a good field and the season is so long that it makes it meaningful, but also not necessarily fully representative as so much can happen

Injuries, call ups, trade deadline, player development, progression & regression plus the difference between managing the grind of the season vs being able to line up individual series

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Cannot make this up. The World Series dates for the games this year are all exactly the same as they were in 2001.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
Looking at that is a good reminder of how good the pitching was on that team. The Yankees never scored more than 4 runs in any game of that series and only scored more than 2 twice.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What is it, the first time in 7 years that the WS didn't include either the Dodgers or Astros - teams bounced by this year's participants?

The 162 provided a good field and the season is so long that it makes it meaningful, but also not necessarily fully representative as so much can happen

Injuries, call ups, trade deadline, player development, progression & regression plus the difference between managing the grind of the season vs being able to line up individual series
Yeah regarding that tweet...maybe someone is butt hurt because their team got eliminated. these are the most exciting playoffs I've seen in years, why, because I'm a rangers fan. I don't care about the Dodgers or the northeast coast teams.

And I would think neutral baseball fans want excitement. they want to see compelling playoff series and that is exactly what we got.

I can't speak for the D-Backs, but if they didn't deserve to be here they would not have made it this far. and I enjoyed watching them destroy the dodgers and beat the Phillies.

The rangers had a strong regular season and were in the tightest division race where very late in the season for about a month there was a 1-3 game difference between rangers/mariners/astros. so I don't exactly understand why someone would suggest that they are some type of fluke. The rangers had a dominant first half of the season including 5 all star selections. Corey Seager is one of the best players in baseball. the second half of their season saw them overcome significant injuries to a fair amount of their roster while they were trying to hold off Seattle and Houston. they had late season 4 game sweeps over the mariners and blue jays that vaulted them into the playoffs. I'd say they earned their right to be in the playoffs and the results in the playoffs clearly show they are the best team in the AL when they are healthy and going all in.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Coming out to Phoenix on Monday for Game 3 with my son. Tix are mad expensive. Anyone think they'll drop in price closer to game day?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Coming out to Phoenix on Monday for Game 3 with my son. Tix are mad expensive. Anyone think they'll drop in price closer to game day?

I haven't looked at aftermarket, but there was availability right after the game for standard tickets - was close to pulling the trigger - loved like $300 for uppers on the line and $350 close to the bases - top half of the section - plus fees

I think it would take something goofy for them to drop below that plus an additional small mark up

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I haven't looked at aftermarket, but there was availability right after the game for standard tickets - was close to pulling the trigger - loved like $300 for uppers on the line and $350 close to the bases - top half of the section - plus fees

I think it would take something goofy for them to drop below that plus an additional small mark up
Where are you seeng those prices? Im seeing no less than $580 anywhere

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard