Wk 10-Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread 11/8-11/13, 2021

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Who thought 8-1, and one "Turn around" from 9-0? Kinda got a QB controversy. Colt beat the Niners on the road better than Kyler did at home, with the top two WRs out! We have to have the top 1-2-3 punch at QB!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thank goodness. I can't take Talib talking like he's from the hood or whatever (maybe he is from there, but it is not enjoyable for me either way) or Mark Sanchaz obviously rooting against us (probably just the SF games because he went to college in CA)!
I feel the same way when I have to listen to folks from the Northern Midwest. The "Doncha Knows" are like nails on a chalkboard.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
looks like its PJ Walker time

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So CAR will start PJ freaking Walker against us. Wow. I don't fear back up QBs like I used to. Now I feel sorry for them. The young ones don't know to get down when our QB hunters close in, and end up taking some big shots. They'll be lucky to score 14 points.

Still, CAR has an excellent defense. They might keep it close. Maybe.

But maybe we'll put up 30+ on them like we do everybody else.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
PH Walker is a mobile qb…they would have to contain him and force him to beat us in the pocket

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So CAR will start PJ freaking Walker against us. Wow. I don't fear back up QBs like I used to. Now I feel sorry for them. The young ones don't know to get down when our QB hunters close in, and end up taking some big shots. They'll be lucky to score 14 points.

Still, CAR has an excellent defense. They might keep it close. Maybe.

But maybe we'll put up 30+ on them like we do everybody else.

Do they have a great defense?

They played Jets, Texans, Giants, Eagles, Vikings and Falcons. They had the Saints early when the Saints had like 7 coaches in Covid protocol.

I don't think their defense is all that. They just played a lot of bad teams.

Cowboys put 36 on them, Vikings 34, Giants 25 and Patriots 24 in recent weeks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
At home, tons of injuries, playing against a backup QB. The ghosts of Testaverde are strong within me.

:stick: :stick: :stick:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if Panthers score 17-20 points based on their current form and now with a backup QB.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
SF football observers are beside themselves over the 49ers defensive plan: lots of zone coverage / "soft" zones under the philosophy of making McCoy go 10+ plays on drives without making a mistake.

with a week to look at it, i expect Carolina to take a different approach defensively. More pressure, clog the first 10 yards past the line of scrimmage, and make Cards WRs beat them vertically and have McCoy deliver.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SF football observers are beside themselves over the 49ers defensive plan: lots of zone coverage / "soft" zones under the philosophy of making McCoy go 10+ plays on drives without making a mistake.

with a week to look at it, i expect Carolina to take a different approach defensively. More pressure, clog the first 10 yards past the line of scrimmage, and make Cards WRs beat them vertically and have McCoy deliver.
I thought the same thing. Now they have film and will adjust. I so want Kyler to be healthy this week.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's exactly what they did last year. They swamped the flats, choked off all the screens, left the middle of the field open as Kyler struggled there and kept Kyler pretty contained and dared him to throw it over the top of them under pressure.

Big difference this year is we have a better WR corps and Kyler has improved greatly at deep and intermediate passing, and over the middle (if he plays). Still I fancy us to handle the Panthers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA