Wk 10-Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread 11/8-11/13, 2021

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They have a terrible offense, but I think this will be the toughest defense we played all year.

They have to corners to challenge our deep passing game with Kyler. They also dont allow the YAC/short passes the 49ers gave up to Colt.

We should win but its because our defense should feast on their QB(s).

I think I'd start Colt again because not sure you want a hobbled Kyler against this pass rush either.

Panthers had a better QB I think they'd have 6 or 7 wins right now.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Week 9 was a great teaching tool for the Cards. Never take any team lightly or end up like the Bills, Cowboys, Raiders etc
Its my fear of rusty hobbled Kyler against that Panthers defense. Cowboys and Dak couldnt find a rhythm until it was too late. Plus historically he's never cracked 200 yards passing against them. If he can move around well enough sure. However, thats a team you cant let hang around/have turnovers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Panthers have a lot of speed on defense, but you have to wonder when they’ll throw in the towel after being let down by Darnold. This could be the game. He’s much worse than what Kyle Allen & Teddy Bridgewater was the past few years.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the Carolina v Patriots game. Sam Darnold was terrible. Fans were booing and it seemed like a lot of Patriot fans were there. Beware an unannounced QB change in Carolina.
Yeah, Rhule really threw Darnold under the bus at the post-game presser, too. Where Kingsbury would say something like, "I need to do a better job of playcalling and putting him into a better position to succeed," Rhule was like, "Not to point any fingers, but you just can't be careless with the ball like that. An interception on third down is one thing, but there's no excuse for those interceptions on first down." I'd say Darnold is done, if not this week, then soon.

...dave

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2015 16-27 loss
2016 15-49 loss
2016 20-30 loss
2019 20-38 loss
2020 21-31 loss

Won 3 of our last 15 games against them

2021?

Surely it's time

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
important to note that the BYE week DOES NOT count as a week. it needs to be a minimum of three games

So 3 games plus the BYE means he will be out 4 weeks and back for LA game at home

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We need to take this back to the Jake Delhome days.
Panthers fans talked about the "Arizona game" for years after the Cardinals beat the snot out of them during the Cardinals Super Bowl run.

Unfortunately, the Panthers have quite a current streak against the Cardinals. They are a team the Cardinals should have beaten a bunch of times but somehow the Panthers came out on top.

That means we shouldn't take this game lightly at all.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Panthers fans talked about the "Arizona game" for years after the Cardinals beat the snot out of them during the Cardinals Super Bowl run.

Unfortunately, the Panthers have quite a current streak against the Cardinals. They are a team the Cardinals should have beaten a bunch of times but somehow the Panthers came out on top.

That means we shouldn't take this game lightly at all.
The Rams had a worse streak against us until we snapped it. I am confident we will snap this streak too.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
2015 16-27 loss
2016 15-49 loss
2016 20-30 loss
2019 20-38 loss
2020 21-31 loss

Won 3 of our last 15 games against them

2021?

Surely it's time
that last two years have been weird ones

while the Cards werent anything special, both the 19 and 20 Panthers finished 5-11. Yet both games were double digit losses

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a game all about turnovers and how we handle the defensive front of Carolina. Can you play a boring game and win 20 - 7.

Kliff is the king of the short pass game. I think we handle it fine.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need to play smart football, good on O D and ST. We need to stop McAffree and keep them honest.

No injury would help, but I'm not sure if we can get that.

We will see if Kyler is ready to go, hopefully we don't rush him.

Fun fact. KK needs another 3 wins to be a .500+ HC at the end of the season

mncardfan1

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thank goodness. I can't take Talib talking like he's from the hood or whatever (maybe he is from there, but it is not enjoyable for me either way) or Mark Sanchaz obviously rooting against us (probably just the SF games because he went to college in CA)!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave