With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm... Are we sure Brown isnt the slider?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

320 pound dt poor tested athletically, not great production and limited pass rushing skills
Why has to be drafted in the top 15?
We have a long list of defensive tackle (over 310 pounds) being drafted in the first round with below athleticism having a small impact in their defense
Tackle
Qb
Pass rusher
Cb
Wr
Then some freak in other positions with playmaking ability should be worth top 15 consideration

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just had a go on Fanspeak, personally think I did quite well ;)

8: R1P8. WR. CEEDEE LAMB (OKLAHOMA)
40: R2P8. LB. ZACK BAUN (WISCONSIN)
72: R3P8. TE. COLE KMET (NOTRE DAME)
111: R4P8. RB. ENO BENJAMIN (ARIZONA STATE)
153: R5P7. EDGE. JABARI ZUNIGA (FLORIDA)
222: R7P8. OT. CHARLIE HECK (NORTH CAROLINA)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Curious on your take of CeeDee vs Jeudy? Sorry if I've missed it.
imho on the WRs

Lamb - instant impact
Jeudy - best fit for any system, highest floor
Ruggs - I think he'd have a greater potential connection with Kyler than Lamb.

As much as people talk about Lamb 's reconnection with Kyler. I think Ruggs could replicate the success Kyler had with Hollywood Brown. Him and Lamb had a great chemistry, but it was stronger with Brown. Perfectly placed catch and run passes. The ability to hit the deep pass time and time again.

Jeudy works even if things dont work out with Kliff or Kyler (I think it will, just saying).

Lamb is capable of accelerating Kyler's growth in terms of being use to this kind of offense. Crushing it year in and year out.

Ruggs's over the top game could truly showcase Kyler's full skillset (assuming the line holds up..)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also for those who want Lamb...

Lets say the Colts trade from 13 to 8 (And the Cardinals have their sights on Lamb in a trade back)

Be wary of the Raiders taking him over Jeudy. He's a Mike Mayock kind of pick imo.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also for those who want Lamb...

Lets say the Colts trade from 13 to 8 (And the Cardinals have their sights on Lamb in a trade back)

Be wary of the Raiders taking him over Jeudy. He's a Mike Mayock kind of pick imo.

I guess I'm becoming a get off my lawn kind of guy but who wants to spend over 9 minutes listening to some guy I've never heard of essentially say the same things we say here every day?

We get why Kyler wants Ceedee and if that's the pick great, I think he'll be a very good NFL WR. I think people tend to overthink the whole thing. Pick a good player

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Did you see the clips of Mims blocking at the Senior Bowl. Holy moly he can get after it.

I'm in the OL or trade down at take a WR camp.

I'm happy with taking either Lamb or Jeudy; both have strengths that could really help this team and I think those two ARE significantly better than the rest of the class. I do however like about 8 or 9 other receivers as well so I see the logic in waiting.

Why I say OL first though, is that we havent seen an OL class with this many day one starters in years. Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Thomas and maybe one or two more should be an NFL starter the day they arrive.

I guess it comes down to who needs to be upgraded more, the 2019 Andy Isabella/Pharah Cooper/ Byrd or 2019 Justin Murray? There is more depth at WR, sure, but I think that Justin Murray acquitted himself recently, especially later in the season.

I like some of the defensive players, but each has significant issues. Brown was horrible at the combine and DTs bust at a pretty good rate. He also wont play high snaps, so if he isnt good, hes giving you poopy production on 33% of defensive snaps. That's a pretty high drawback.

I agree with @Chopper0080 on Simmons. His primary position is LB, but if you compare him to other LBs at doing LB things, he isnt a top 10 pick. I think you have to tailor how you use him. I think he could be used as an extra safety essentially, and run him in a big nickel type formation, but I think he'll have issues in a run down LB role. That's what I think his proponents are missing.

My opinion one who we draft will be heavily influenced by free agency. The Cardinals desperately need to protect Murray better, rush the passer better, and improve pass coverage. They also need a go to target.

What I would love, but its kind of out of the question with this draft class, is for better edge rush options.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm becoming a get off my lawn kind of guy but who wants to spend over 9 minutes listening to some guy I've never heard of essentially say the same things we say here every day?

We get why Kyler wants Ceedee and if that's the pick great, I think he'll be a very good NFL WR. I think people tend to overthink the whole thing. Pick a good player
Heh FWIW I timestamped it.

Said Mike Mayock was at the Texas/OU game and just noted his observations of Mike watching Ceedee.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heh FWIW I timestamped it.

Said Mike Mayock was at the Texas/OU game and just noted his observations of Mike watching Ceedee.

Yeah it wasn't a criticism of you it was more I don't get why there's so many clips of people like that online now.

If it's Mayock or an actual NFL guy yeah I might be interested. If it's just some guy with a new camera pointed at himself talking, that's exactly what this board is, we just don't have it on camera.

At least with this board I have a history, I know whose opinion I value, who I tend to agree with etc. When it's some random guy with a camera I have no idea.

I'll be happy with Lamb or Jeudy, there are others like Okudah I'd love.

Just please Keim don't blow this pick

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yeah it wasn't a criticism of you it was more I don't get why there's so many clips of people like that online now.

If it's Mayock or an actual NFL guy yeah I might be interested. If it's just some guy with a new camera pointed at himself talking, that's exactly what this board is, we just don't have it on camera.

At least with this board I have a history, I know whose opinion I value, who I tend to agree with etc. When it's some random guy with a camera I have no idea.

The guy in the video is also a Boomer Sooner (no offense to you Lou, great school haha) fan :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

What I like about this draft is there are about 10 guys I like with the first pick. Obviously some more than others, but I like most of the guys we realistically will take.

Hell I've been anti-Thomas, and I wouldnt mind him either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not drafting OL because of Justin Murray is like not drafting DL because of Zach Allen. It seems like something a stupid team would do. Of course we still have the FA period to upgrade which will give us more of an idea come the draft.
While I get your meaning, comparing a guy who played all season and improved throughout to a guy who got injured early in the season and for whom we have zero tape is just not a very well crafted argument.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but a guy who has bounced through six different teams and was originally an undrafted free agent has nowhere near the ceiling of a guy in that next tier.
Extraordinarily narrow minded of you. The light comes on for different players at different times in different systems. If the Kurt Warner story didn’t teach anyone this simple lesson, well . . . that’s a them issue. I recognize those stories are the exception to the norm, but to ignore that possibility is just being obtuse.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Folks are playing with fire wanting Simmons.
Please explain. Historically our defense has been at its best with dynamic fast ilbs (dansby and dwash). And seeing what a keuchly, or urlacher can do . . . well . . .

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Extraordinarily narrow minded of you. The light comes on for different players at different times in different systems. If the Kurt Warner story didn’t teach anyone this simple lesson, well . . . that’s a them issue. I recognize those stories are the exception to the norm, but to ignore that possibility is just being obtuse.
Considering Murray looked like a pile of garbage out there and then "adequate" at best most of the season, I'm not sure any lights have been turned on.

I'm going to go with the much more realistic option that he's a backup-tier player before I go in the direction of he's a set-em-and-forget-em RT for us. Last year's OL was plain and simple, still bad. Whenever we talk about it, people seem to only want to bring up that Murray was responsible for a fair amount of sacks, but ignore how many he bailed the line out of.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose