With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The reason I'm in on getting 1 or 2 OL and the D improved is because we need to set the foundation for the future. In this division we're not "just a few players away' and, just like last year when people were saying we'd get 10-11 wins and get into the playoffs, that's not gonna happen yet. Could it? Yes. Realistically..probably not. So, get our foundation set in concrete, get a REAL OL, give our young WRs another year then next year start our reign over the NFC West

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could take Lamb, ot( Josh Jones?) og then running back.

But again to do this we have to stick up on defense in free agency.

the other thing is we simply don’t know what Kugler and this staff thinks of Miles, Murray, Galliard, Toth and Cole.

If they believe they can make that work then Wr, Edge, DL , Rb.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Okudah reminds me of Pat without the return skills.

I wouldn't trade up for Higgins personally.

Okudah is phenomenally talented. Most surefire player in the draft.

Higgins is a bit stiff. And this is going to sound crazy, but its true: most taller guys suck at WR. They just arent fluid enough. Taller corners almost all blow for the same reason, but it's even worse since they have to react to receivers.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Todd McShay's new mock draft:

You must be registered for see images attach

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My draft preferences post-combine

1a. Simmons
1b. Lamb
2. Okudah
3. Jeudy
4. Trade Down

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am not sure Simmons and Okudah will be there, so it would change things but here is where I am at right now (assuming no Drake):

Option 1
Round 1 - Lamb/Jeudy
Round 2 - Lucas Niang
Round 3 - Cam Akers

Option 2
Round 1 - Becton
Round 2 - Best WR
Round 3 - Cam Akers

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Simmons and Okudah will be gone....which I have thought all along. I think once the combine hype dies down, people will settle back in on the elite players in the draft, and look less at potential.

I think our choice will come down to Brown, an OT, or a WR.

In that case I'm really torn, although I think Brown has the biggest difference between him and a player at #40.

I would be ok with:

Round 1- Brown
Round 2- Niang
Round 3- Pittman Jr.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And is an elite player himself, and not someone overdrafted because of the fear of missing out on a DL.
Simmons, Okudah, Brown, Wills, Wirfs, Becton, Lamb or Jeudy will all help this team immeasurably. We're getting one of them.
The only shame is we can't get two.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Curious to see their thoughts on Isabella (Butler to a lesser extent) and how that impacts their draft pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Havent watched much of Tee Higgins.

Just know many thought he was sure fire 1st round pick a month ago. I'm for addressing OT in the 1st round so I'm ok with figuring out a way to get a WR in the 2nd (late 1st).

Whats the problem with Higgins?
Struggles heavily with press coverage. No thanks on that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how mad this board would be when we continue to struggle to cover TEs even after drafting Simmons. Realizing it was a scheme(Vance Joseph) problem all this time like it was in his time in Denver.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I wonder how mad this board would be when we continue to struggle to cover TEs even after drafting Simmons. Realizing it was a scheme(Vance Joseph) problem all this time like it was in his time in Denver.
What if Simmons doesn't "solve" the TE situation, but is still awesome otherwise?

(I'm not a big VJ guy, so I agree with you that it could be a scheme thing, but that doesn't make Simmons a bad player in my eyes. I know you're not a fan.)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Simmons becomes Ronny Lott for someone picking behind us I can live with it. I think we’re going offense pretty clearly after Keim signs a starting caliber DT.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What if Simmons doesn't "solve" the TE situation, but is still awesome otherwise?

(I'm not a big VJ guy, so I agree with you that it could be a scheme thing, but that doesn't make Simmons a bad player in my eyes. I know you're not a fan.)
I am a fan of Simmons, but two things:

1. I’m not a fan of Simmons under Vance Joseph. I don’t trust Vance Joseph on utilizing Simmons to his fullest potential.

2. I’m personally just not a fan of drafting a non-pass rushing LB in the top 8-10.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
out of ignorance, can you provide some color on VJ getting burned by TE's in Denver?

just something quick, doesnt have to be a lengthy write up, as I realize I could look this info up myself but dont want to, lol

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think anyone that passes up on Simmons at 8 is out of their mind. If you worry about VJ, then chances are, VJ will be gone before Simmons.

If we pick at 8:

Okudah (not likely there)
Simmons
Lamb
one of the OT
or trade down

I don't want Jeudy or Brown at 8

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
out of ignorance, can you provide some color on VJ getting burned by TE's in Denver?

just something quick, doesnt have to be a lengthy write up, as I realize I could look this info up myself but dont want to, lol

not including articles from AZ cards time

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-br...ird-most-yards-given-up-tight-ends-133589925/

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/18/broncos-defense-opposing-tight-ends-have-caused-trouble/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...to-have-trouble-covering-tight-ends/37819087/

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

2016 - Dolphins
129 targets, 83 receptions, 965 yards, and 10 TDs allowed to opposing TEs.

2017 - Broncos
120 targets, 79 receptions, 1023 yards, and 9 TDs allowed to opposing TEs.

2018 - Broncos
115 targets, 84 receptions, 1061 yards, and 5 TDs allowed to opposing TEs.

2019 - Cardinals
127 targets, 96 receptions, 1148 yards, and 16 TDs allowed to opposing TEs.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thanks to Chop & b8

Also
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/fantasy-points-against-TE.htm

Compare the recent season to the previous 3-4 seasons or however far back you want to go.

Also, do the same thing with Denver, but from 2017 to 2018 when they had better defensive personnel than in 2019.

You tell me what stands out.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oooff those are some gross numbers. Thanks guys. VJ needs to FITFO when it comes to TE's!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys also gotta factor the longevity of a ILB vs a WR & OL.

Luke Keuchly & Patrick Willis, the greatest ILBs in the past 10 years, only played for what? 7 seasons? Now, if Simmons were to play the Kam Chancellor role (SS/ILB), guess how many seasons he played? That’s right....7.

Now compare that to longevity of a Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, Andrew Whitworth, Jason Peters, Joe Thomas, etc. All with 10 or more years of quality play.

I’d easily have a great OT over a great ILB. Now, great WR over ILB? Harder decision, but yes as well.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’d easily have a great OT over a great ILB. Now, great WR over ILB? Harder decision, but yes as well.
I can agree with this statement. I have a nagging fear we pick the wrong OT, which is the only thing that holds me back. And you like Niang, right? I could get on board with one of those guys and then picking Niang.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave