• Kobe is a Laker next season

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • Kobe is not a laker next season

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly I really do not think Kobe will leave. Ya he said he wanted to be traded but it sounds like it was more heat of the moment then a thought out decision. I am curious as to if people think he is really going to leave or be traded or if he will be in LA next year.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He will be there next year for sure but if they do poorly it could really be his last year with them. He can opt out of his contract after the 2008 - 2009 season so trading him at the end of this next season (2007-2008) makes sense else the Lakers would get nothing if he opts out the following year.
Bottom line is what the Lakers do in this off season to make the team better and make him happy.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Poll:
(a) We need yet another Kobe thread (poll)
(b) We are tired of all these Kobe threads (polls)

I vote for (b)

OP
OP
B

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
i apologize i created this thread yesterday morning when most people werent angry (or atleast hadnt voiced it yet) about the multiple kobe threads. my bad!

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, we're kidding.

BTW, It is not always easy to know when to add a thread versus posting to an existing thread. Sometimes threads get hijacked, so two threads might start out the same, but end up going in different directions.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
If you combine Kobe's contract with his overall talent, there's little to no chance the Lakers could trade him and get equal value in return. I doubt they wind up getting fleeced as badly as they did in the Shaq deal, but I still think whatever they get won't be nearly enough.

Doing the trade checker, the best logical deal that I was able to come up with is Kobe to Memphis for Gasol, Mike Miller and Kyle Lowery, and even that falls short of being worth the while. Plus, I doubt Kobe approves a trade to Memphis, so it's nullified.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen