Should the Suns trade Ayton?

• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny that one of your biggest complaints about Nurkic is his durability. Val is much more durable (79 games 2 years ago, 74 games this past year). I'm not sure that translates to "a little better" than Nurkic.
It's more about Nance vs OG. Yes Val is better, but is he as much better as the diff between OG and Nance - I'm not so sure.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Flex and Gambo supposedly are both saying Suns are now trying to get Shaedon Sharpe from Portland in an Ayton deal.

That is kind of interesting. He has a ton of potential and has 3 more years on his rookie contract. Again don't think that makes us better this year - but that is enough upside I am thinking that is actually an interesting deal.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So Flex and Gambo supposedly are both saying Suns are now trying to get Shaedon Sharpe from Portland in an Ayton deal.

Hard to see that happening. If Portland dumps Lillard and Nurkic in a fire sale, they're going to want all the young talent they can get, not ship a recent lottery pick out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to see that happening. If Portland dumps Lillard and Nurkic in a fire sale, they're going to want all the young talent they can get, not ship a recent lottery pick out.
They still have Simons and Scoot, and likely in this scenario also OG

If they really value Ayton, he is a more important cog.

I think it is possible - remember they are going to likely get more 1st's in the deal as well.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see Portland moving Simons before Sharpe just because of the financials. Why pay a young guy like Simons big money to lead the team nowhere? At least with Sharpe they're 3 years from paying him. Simons could get a supermax by the time the others are ready to go.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see Portland moving Simons before Sharpe just because of the financials. Why pay a young guy like Simons big money to lead the team nowhere? At least with Sharpe they're 3 years from paying him. Simons could get a supermax by the time the others are ready to go.

Lots of guessing going on in the sports media.

What were the Trail Blazers thinking when then they signed Jerami Grant to that large long term contract.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"What do we gotta do to keep Lillard?"

I think the Trail Blazers failed to realize that their best move was to rebuild with young players.

Lillard has been loyal. Let him find a new home keeping the good of the franchise in mind.

Trying to do both lead to an awkward signing in Jerami Grant.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Portland would be in much better position if they didn't sign Grant to that ridiculous contract. They'll have to attach no less than half of whatever assets they get for Lillard just to move on from Grant.

I know it would be unusual but they should have rescinded the offer to Grant when Dame requested the trade. All that went down during the moratorium. When Grant put pen to paper on the deal they were in day 3-4 of the Lillard saga. That Grant has been silent has said a lot about him as a competitor. Near max deal on a team headed tank town and he's just happy he got paid. Then he is the same guy that left Denver to be The Man in Detroit.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They aren't moving him to us, his salary is too large to go with Nurkic.

I hope this is a true report, this is the first deal that sounds palatable, and if it is true Portland called us about Ayton we should not be giving him up cheaply.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Portland would be in much better position if they didn't sign Grant to that ridiculous contract. They'll have to attach no less than half of whatever assets they get for Lillard just to move on from Grant.

I know it would be unusual but they should have rescinded the offer to Grant when Dame requested the trade. All that went down during the moratorium. When Grant put pen to paper on the deal they were in day 3-4 of the Lillard saga. That Grant has been silent has said a lot about him as a competitor. Near max deal on a team headed tank town and he's just happy he got paid. Then he is the same guy that left Denver to be The Man in Detroit.
It's a bad contract, but they are going to have a ton of rookie deals for the next few years, they will survive.

It's just the price you have to pay to keep a free agent on a bad team in Portland.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My sources have told me Miami is pretty out of it. They feel the asking price is too much. Toronto and Phoenix have made their offer but Portland seems to want more and not give up assets/players. Right now the ball is in Portland's court. If nothing happens by the weekend then these trades may come up again before the trade deadline. Similar to the Phoenix and KD situation last year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah and it isn't hindsight either, many of us were saying something like this when they signed him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

That is kind of interesting. He has a ton of potential and has 3 more years on his rookie contract. Again don't think that makes us better this year - but that is enough upside I am thinking that is actually an interesting deal.

A 20 year old raw PG that can’t really shoot coming to a contender? This is getting more silly by the day. I think Portland is just throwing out nonsense to trigger Miami into offering all their picks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A 20 year old raw PG that can’t really shoot coming to a contender? This is getting more silly by the day. I think Portland is just throwing out nonsense to trigger Miami into offering all their picks.
He's a 6-6 small forward not a PG. This is not Portland's idea, this is what the Suns are asking for in the trade, Portland does not want to give him up.

This would not be silly, yes it would not give us the optimal roster for next season - however this kid has enormous potential and could easily be a long term star for our team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe you are talking about 19-year-old PG Scoot Henderson of Portland. Shooting SG Shaedon Sharpe is 20.

However, the idea of the Trail Blazers trading young potential stars is a bad idea for them. Of course, they signed Jerami Grant to that large contract.

Personally, I think the media is throwing out bait, hoping we will bite. They likely don't know any more than we do.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There you go folks.. my sources were correct that Miami was out of it and if a trade happens its before the weekend or it won’t happen until the trade deadline.

I knew there was a dark horse team there but this was a long shot. The Bucks gave up enough pieces in the final hour to make it happen.

I am sorry I had to keep the dark horse team quiet. If you had notice there was no leaks or signs of the dark horse team being the Bucks anywhere. That is because information before was just to flush out individuals who were leaking the info. Those individuals are now out of the inner circle. This is why the Bucks being the third team was such a surprise.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There you go folks.. my sources were correct that Miami was out of it and if a trade happens its before the weekend or it won’t happen until the trade deadline.

I knew there was a dark horse team there but this was a long shot. The Bucks gave up enough pieces in the final hour to make it happen.

I am sorry I had to keep the dark horse team quiet. If you had notice there was no leaks or signs of the dark horse team being the Bucks anywhere. That is because information before was just to flush out individuals who were leaking the info. Those individuals are now out of the inner circle. This is why the Bucks being the third team was such a surprise.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson