Should the Suns trade Ayton?

• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Portland just keeps pitting Miami and Toronto against each other in a bidding war - everytime somebody thinks their getting Dame Portland goes to the other hoping they'll offer more - I also think this could be a good thing for Phx - meaning we may end up getting more - unless we already have a specific trade outlined in good faith with Portland

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Portland just keeps pitting Miami and Toronto against each other in a bidding war - everytime somebody thinks their getting Dame Portland goes to the other hoping they'll offer more - I also think this could be a good thing for Phx - meaning we may end up getting more - unless we already have a specific trade outlined in good faith with Portland

There's no way it can just be Portland, Suns and where ever Dame goes. There has to be a 4th team, the Suns aren't selling low on Ayton.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
There's no way it can just be Portland, Suns and where ever Dame goes. There has to be a 4th team, the Suns aren't selling low on Ayton.
A 4th team??

And the Suns aren't selling low? Just so they can dump the invisible man and his $33 million a year cap crushing salary??

idk amigo

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A 4th team??

And the Suns aren't selling low? Just so they can dump the invisible man and his $33 million a year cap crushing salary??

idk amigo
Cap crushing?

Give me a break. It's really not far out of line with his production.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Cap crushing?

When you have Beal Book and KD on your team - Ayton's contract definitely becomes cap crushing - especially when you consider what a plague he's become in the playoffs

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wellll... Flex just posted this tweet:

"My insider sources tell me there are talks but its just small talk and hasn't hit the serious discussion part yet.. someone leaked this information a little too early."

Sooooo....

;) :D

God he’s so bad

There’s talks but not serious, may or may not be traded

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cap crushing?

It’s actually a really good contract and will only look better in a year or two.

That dude is honestly a bit weird when it comes to Ayton

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet lists ten trade proposals in the linked article below to facilitate the Damian Lillard trade.

Can't say I really like any of those deals.

The Powell, Zubac and OG, Nurk are the two best IMO a few of those are Putrid, I would prefer none of them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If we are really wanting to get rid of him, then this is more to my liking:

Ayton/Ish
for
Jonas Valanciunas
Larry Nance Jr
Kira Lewis Jr

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Powell, Zubac and OG, Nurk are the two best IMO a few of those are Putrid, I would prefer none of them.

The above are about the best. If the Suns could find a way to keep Patrick Williams, I'd consider the Bulls trade.

It's about being able to keep the players as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah I think we have to accept that if an Ayton deal happens we likely aren’t going to be over the moon about it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If we are really wanting to get rid of him, then this is more to my liking:

Ayton/Ish
for
Jonas Valanciunas
Larry Nance Jr
Kira Lewis Jr
I’d do that in heartbeat. Don’t think New Orleans even makes it to “goodbye” before hanging up on us.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's the rub - any of the palatable options for Ayton will never happen! I see no reason to dump Ayton for pennies on the dollar unless he's incredibly disruptive.

I guess other teams are putting news out there that Ayton is involved in trades talks, is what i'm hearing, not the Suns shopping Ayton. Just sucks cause these trade rumors regarding Ayton will not die.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d do that in heartbeat. Don’t think New Orleans even makes it to “goodbye” before hanging up on us.
To me that is deal is really not better than OG Nurkic. Nance is a good energy guy off the bench but he is not someone you want starting.

Valanciunas is a little better than Nurkic but not a lot. At least with OG you get a legit starter at forward.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To me that is deal is really not better than OG Nurkic. Nance is a good energy guy off the bench but he is not someone you want starting.

Valanciunas is a little better than Nurkic but not a lot. At least with OG you get a legit starter at forward.
Funny that one of your biggest complaints about Nurkic is his durability. Val is much more durable (79 games 2 years ago, 74 games this past year). I'm not sure that translates to "a little better" than Nurkic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson