IF

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Light, likable family entertainment...... Enjoyable enough on an afternoon matinee.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Saw it with my son today, I actually really liked it. Definitely what I would consider a "HAPPY" movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This flick’s held surprisingly well, racking up 94 million domestic after a pretty soft 33 million dollar opening weekend.

160 million overall, but on a 110 million buck budget. Probably breaks even when all’s said and done which the studio and Krasinski have to be happy about after weekend 1.

Side note: can I just say how much Box Office Mojo sucks out loud since it was cannibalized by IMDb? That used to be such a great site for box office junkies to see all kinds of trends, budgets, comparisons, etc etc. it’s just awful now.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good family film. Not what I was expecting. It has more heart than I was expecting. However, that's why it was a bit of a tough watch for us (not in a bad way). Those opening scenes could have been a carbon copy of my late niece, the drawing etc. and her relationship with her dad. After losing her last year those scenes were gut wrenching but somehow cathartic.

We really did love it though.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This flick’s held surprisingly well, racking up 94 million domestic after a pretty soft 33 million dollar opening weekend.

160 million overall, but on a 110 million buck budget. Probably breaks even when all’s said and done which the studio and Krasinski have to be happy about after weekend 1.

Side note: can I just say how much Box Office Mojo sucks out loud since it was cannibalized by IMDb? That used to be such a great site for box office junkies to see all kinds of trends, budgets, comparisons, etc etc. it’s just awful now.

It will blow up streaming I am convinced of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player