why is everyone giving Green a mulligan on this one?

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
[QUOTE=cheesebeef]that's just it - as far as your first point up above - OUR SCHEDULE GOT TOUGHER - Carolina had alsready started their turnaround and the Jets arfe one fo the best teams in the league so it wouldn't have mattered if Josh could keep us in games versus teams as bad as us - because we weren't playing teams as bad as us. And even so - it was still the D that was keeping us in those games anyway.
We should have won that Jets game, our D-played great in my opinion, if we dont have King in there under throwing peeps in the endzone...

We win that game with JOSH. (I know Josh came in at threw pics, but that was despartion time)

Last edited:
OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
You just jumped the Shark. Yes - the Pats should bench the two-time Super Bowl MVP and the guy who has led them to a 12-2 record because of one bad game. The above post is sheer stupidity because there is NO BASIS IN COMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO.

I am not comparing the two on ability or accomplishments-that would be stupid--but I was pointing out that all QB's have games where they digress.

Its a long season and they all have bad game in comparison to their own ability.

Josh is no Brady

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
We should have won that Jets game, our D-played great in my opinion, if we dont have King in there under throwing peeps in the endzone...

We win that game with JOSH. (I know Josh came in at threw pics, but that was despartion time)

Josh hasn't beaten one team ALL YEAR with a winning record and against the team with winning records our offense (with Josh in the game) has scored a whopping 12, 3 and 14 points(7 of which were in complete garbage time) - - with scores of 6, 3 and 7 in the first halves of those games - but somehow, Josh and our notoriously slow first half offense is able to win us that game against a 10-4 Jets team who have shut out 7 opponents in the second half - I think that's living with your head in the clouds.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
I am not comparing the two on ability or accomplishments-that would be stupid--but I was pointing out that all QB's have games where they digress.

Its a long season and they all have bad game in comparison to their own ability.

Josh is no Brady

Regress not digress, but I digress.

How did Brady regress? He had a bad game, he made some bad decisions and bad throws. But that's not regression, it's a bad game. Josh had gone into a shell, he wasn't throwing downfield, he wasn't running, he was playing scared, consistently, for several games. THAT was regression, not a bad game.

That's why it's a bad comparison.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Josh hasn't beaten one team ALL YEAR with a winning record and against the team with winning records our offense (with Josh in the game) has scored a whopping 12, 3 and 14 points(7 of which were in complete garbage time) - - with scores of 6, 3 and 7 in the first halves of those games - but somehow, Josh and our notoriously slow first half offense is able to win us that game against a 10-4 Jets team who have shut out 7 opponents in the second half - I think that's living with your head in the clouds.
My head is not in the clouds, I still think we could have put up 2 TD's in that game--heck we would have if not for the bad throws by King. Jets did not play well.

Very winnable game...

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Regress not digress, but I digress.

How did Brady regress? He had a bad game, he made some bad decisions and bad throws. But that's not regression, it's a bad game. Josh had gone into a shell, he wasn't throwing downfield, he wasn't running, he was playing scared, consistently, for several games. THAT was regression, not a bad game.

That's why it's a bad comparison.
I wrote digress? DOH!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
My head is not in the clouds, I still think we could have put up 2 TD's in that game--heck we would have if not for the bad throws by King. Jets did not play well.

Very winnable game...

even though we were only able to put 17 points against the Ginats - who haven given up 30 in games to the Skins and Baltimore - both Offensively deficient teams - we would have hit the Jets avergae of 14.7 points given up on the game - I don't buy it. Our O has SUCKED - SUCKED - scoring only TWO TDS in 3 GAMES against teams with winning records - yet we would have matched that total against a Jets team, that once again has been shown to be a dominant D against weaker teams - I don't buy it.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Never **** with a streak" or something to that effect -Crash Davis

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
The team was 3-1, but Josh was regressing. Perhaps what was best for Josh wasn't best for the team in the short run.

However, if Josh developes, it could be the best thing for the team in the LONG run.

No Mulligans, but difference between the short run and long term success of the team.

seesred

Reaction score
I think we all can agree on one thing...If Josh plays well this week we will have a QB. However if it's the Josh underthrowing on 3 and 7 or panicking after looking at only one reciever our Cards need to go in another direction. Right or wrong you can't change the past. Maybe this or that.

The facts are this Josh will come out and do his very best to win this game.
If we win we have a real shot at the playoffs
If he plays well our off season focus will not be on the QB position
If we lose we will all blame Green.

GBR

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seesred said:
I think we all can agree on one thing...If Josh plays well this week we will have a QB. However if it's the Josh underthrowing on 3 and 7 or panicking after looking at only one reciever our Cards need to go in another direction. Right or wrong you can't change the past. Maybe this or that.

The facts are this Josh will come out and do his very best to win this game.
If we win we have a real shot at the playoffs
If he plays well our off season focus will not be on the QB position
If we lose we will all blame Green.

GBR

Agree with most of it but if we lose, it likely will be because Alexander eats us up. Our run defense has really disappeared.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Agree with most of it but if we lose, it likely will be because Alexander eats us up. Our run defense has really disappeared.

Didn't the Rams get 22 yards on the ground?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Didn't the Rams get 22 yards on the ground?
On 10 tries. Seattle will give more of an effort to establish a running game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
On 10 tries. Seattle will give more of an effort to establish a running game.

This time around they probably will. They threw way too much last time they played us.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
This time around they probably will. They threw way too much last time they played us.
If they're smart they will. Our pass defense is ranked 4th in the NFC while our rushing D is 13th. Thank goodness St. Louis has a "genius" for a coach. :rolleyes:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinal Bob said:
Did it ever occur to you (and I'm using you as an example for all that are pointing out how our defense played so badly in Carolina) that the defense may have lost a lot of its fire after the sudden QB switch and that may have had a lot to do with their underpreforming against the Panthers? I mean, I know it requires that one use their brain and actually think...but it's really not that hard. Give it a try! :D

Did it ever occur to you that Green realized our defense couldn't carry the team week in and week out, and 90 yard passing games WOULDN'T cut it the weeks the D didn't come? He may have also looked at the schedule and saw Carolina who he said was dangerous and underrated, the Jets, who are dangerous without a doubt, and the Lions (dangerous offensive weapons) on the schedule and felt 90 yard days wouldn't cut it and the D might let down.?

I mean, I know it requires that one use their brain and actually TRY to see all sides of an equation, especially when thinking about a move as significant as a quarterback change, but it's really not that hard. Give it a try!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:

Uhm, it wasn't desparation time. It was WINNER time. I was expecting Josh to come in like he did the second half of the niner game.

If anyone thinks Josh wasn't in a "WIN THE JOB BACK" perfect situation, then there isn't any other one tailor made. A large portion of the game left, only down 10.

Josh went from not good QB to very bad QB in my mind with that game. He's worked his way back up to QB with potential now, but he better close the season out strong. He's used up all his poor games. He's got my attention again, I'll say that.

Last edited:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
I wrote this on another topic, but I believe this question deserves its own forum
icon7.gif

Benching him was a terrible idea, the team was 3-1 over previous 4 games, the decision sent the Cards reeling for 4 weeks
icon8.gif

That being said, Josh may have had a fire lit under him because of the benching, but one game would have sufficed!

Having him sit 3 more games while King and Navarre floundered was simple arrogance.

Heck, if Navarre doesn't get injured Green probably would have kept him in and the cards would end up 4-12.

I give the credit to Josh and only Josh on this one, why is everyone giving Green a mulligan on this one?

The 4 game benching was a complete and utter mistake!

That being said, I still want Green as our coach, but giving him credit for benching our starting QB when we could have been in the driver's seat for the division title is going a little to far.

Go Josh and Go CARDS!!

Not me!!! I was no Josh fan but even I thought benching your QB who had just won two in a row was a dumb move. Still do! DG took a lot of media heat on that and deservedly so. I bet he would like a do over.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cardinal Bob said:
Because they all hate Josh and want him gone so they can bring in a retread like Aaron Brooks or Drew Bledsoe. :shrug:

If a QB doesn't materialize into the second coming of Montana/Elway within 3 games with this crew, they must SUCK! :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone "hates" Josh. I think a lot of people questioned his ability. He has just had a great game and still has some proving to do. He may or may not be the starter next year. Would I like Bledsloe here? You bet. Let him and McCown duke it out.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Did it ever occur to you that Green realized our defense couldn't carry the team week in and week out, and 90 yard passing games WOULDN'T cut it the weeks the D didn't come? He may have also looked at the schedule and saw Carolina who he said was dangerous and underrated, the Jets, who are dangerous without a doubt, and the Lions (dangerous offensive weapons) on the schedule and felt 90 yard days wouldn't cut it and the D might let down.?

I mean, I know it requires that one use their brain and actually TRY to see all sides of an equation, especially when thinking about a move as significant as a quarterback change, but it's really not that hard. Give it a try!

Yah! That's exactly what he must have thought....so he brought in Shaun King, after giving him virtually no reps in practice, to take the pressure of a defense that was playing very well, and save the day. Yep...that must be it! :rolleyes:

Don't hurt yourself dreaming up these scenarios, doggggg...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinal Bob said:
Yah! That's exactly what he must have thought....so he brought in Shaun King, after giving him virtually no reps in practice, to take the pressure of a defense that was playing very well, and save the day. Yep...that must be it! :rolleyes:

Don't hurt yourself dreaming up these scenarios, doggggg...

Better than yours that he didn't like Josh, and really didn't want to get that $1 million bonus for getting to the playoffs, booooooob.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Benching Josh was a necessity. He needed to see what he was doing wrong.

Once he saw King and Navarre tossing it downfield he realized he could do that better than either of those two. Plus he can run and he can lead a team.

He will be good.

Now, whether or not Green was thinking that when he benched Josh who knows.

If I was him that is what I'd be saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard