Who is your surprise player in this draft...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This does not have to be hidden gem, it could be a solid rated player most would value as a late 2nd rounder for instant who later would have gone in the top ten if people would have known better. It could also be the steal, the player no one really has in the early rounds but turns out to be a stud. Yeah, like the post I did for players that might disappoint, this is one of those I told you so ones for all of us who do not belong in a scouting department haha

Mine is WR Jeff Janis of Saginaw Valley State. I have been pulling readings and watching as much video one can on him because I keep coming away impressed. He had a one handed catch after blowing past coverage that wowed me, constantly comes down with the ball in tight traffic (a lot of times having to make a effort because his QB has a slow release) getting me hooked on his ability. I'm not troubling myself over the fact it was not against Division I competition because I want to fool myself into thinking I know something others don't lol

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I think Jared Abbrederris WR Wisconsin has a chance to stick in the NFL. He had quite a few big games in college. He has good hands, runs good routes, and consistently produced in college. I see him as bigger version of Wes Welker as a best case scenario. For some reason I think he would fit really well on the Patriots.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Martavias Bryant, WR Clemson. Watkins received all the accolades, deservedly so, but Watkins is very good in his own right. He's 6'4 200 and supposedly going run in 4.3's at the combine.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Martavias Bryant, WR Clemson. Watkins received all the accolades, deservedly so, but Watkins is very good in his own right. He's 6'4 200 and supposedly going run in 4.3's at the combine.

If he is running around a 4.3 at the combine (speed our necessity)... I will pencil him as a Cardinal draft pick in the later rounds. NFL teams seem to be drawn to certain college programs and Clemson of late seems to have the Cardinals' attention, with players as Andre Ellington and Jaron Brown. I bet you anything the Cardinal staff knows of this Bryant kid you speak of :)

Last edited:

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My under-dog that I'm pulling for is NIU - QB - Jordan Lynch . Scouts are divided on him , some think he should change positions , others tell him they beleive he can play QB in the NFL . I want him to get his chance , because I beleive he can play QB in the NFL .

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Arthur Lynch - TE Georgia

I really hope the Cardinals see him as I do. If you look in the Dictionary for "TE", youll see his picture. Hes a flat out knock down Old school TE.

elite blocker and reliable receiver. What more do you need? Jason Witten and tony Gonzalez dont run 4.4s and they are two of the best to ever do it

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jalen Saunders- WR- Oklahoma. Small guy but he is tough. Probably a Slot Receiver only. The Alabama D had no answer for this guy in the Sugar Bowl (which was the College Football game of this season also btw). Returned 3 punts for TD's at OU too.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Bishop Sankey HB - Washington. He's probably going to be a mid 2nd round pick but teams will regret not taking him in the first round. He's got a lot of potential.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Mine would be, (whomever we don't have to draft, because we signed a highly qualified free agent to do the job).

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Allen Robinson WR from Penn State. Will be taken either late in the first or definitely in the second. People will be comparing him to Boldin.