Win your division!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the best road to win the West.
There may be 3 teams in the playoffs from the West.
One third of your season is played against these teams. What is the best route to take in order to compete with the West?

The way I see it we are a couple of years away from building this defense. We will add to it and be better next year but it’s unreal to think it will be dominant.

The offense is another story. We are in a position to solidify this offense. We’ve run the ball very well against some very good defenses. Add two real WR’s…REAL WR’s will add to our chunk play ability and which will actually enhance an already good running game. We need the ability to score from anywhere on the field at any time. We don’t have that now. We have to depend on 12 plays drives which isn’t sustainable over the long haul.

Load up on offense. Score points. Take some pressure off the defense. Can we overtake the 49ers in 2024? Probably not. But can we catch up to the Seahawks and Rams? I think so.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One third of your season is played against these teams. What is the best route to take in order to compete with the West?

The way I see it we are a couple of years away from building this defense. We will add to it and be better next year but it’s unreal to think it will be dominant.

The offense is another story. We are in a position to solidify this offense. We’ve run the ball very well against some very good defenses. Add two real WR’s…REAL WR’s will add to our chunk play ability and which will actually enhance an already good running game. We need the ability to score from anywhere on the field at any time. We don’t have that now. We have to depend on 12 plays drives which isn’t sustainable over the long haul.

Load up on offense. Score points. Take some pressure off the defense. Can we overtake the 49ers in 2024? Probably not. But can we catch up to the Seahawks and Rams? I think so.
Excellent question without a short term answer.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree, seahawks and rams should be achievable next year. Doubt we can build enough to take on the niners.

2 legit WR gets the offense grooving as long as monti can figure out the tackle conundrum (I think the best option is to pick up a solid RT in FA and move Paris to left)

As many holes as our defense has- I think one dominant war daddy pass rusher makes all those holes much less apparent- enough that we could be fighting for a wild card playoff spot next year.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Key to beating the 49ers is to stop McCaffrey and that comes down to him vs. our front seven.

I say build the front seven so that you get pressure with four and can stop the run without a safety in the box.

K1 and the offense will take care of the rest.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, seahawks and rams should be achievable next year. Doubt we can build enough to take on the niners.

2 legit WR gets the offense grooving as long as monti can figure out the tackle conundrum (I think the best option is to pick up a solid RT in FA and move Paris to left)

As many holes as our defense has- I think one dominant war daddy pass rusher makes all those holes much less apparent- enough that we could be fighting for a wild card playoff spot next year.
Good point about a true pass rusher. However, we need a stud muffin in the middle of the d-line to go along with that pass rusher. I think adding two pieces like that will give this defense a chance to compete.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Key to beating the 49ers is to stop McCaffrey and that comes down to him vs. our front seven.

I say build the front seven so that you get pressure with four and can stop the run without a safety in the box.

K1 and the offense will take care of the rest.
Free agency is going to change a lot of views on the direction this staff is going. I think we can almost exclusively use the draft on defense.
Just get TWO real WR’s. One in the draft, one in free agency. Then let’s stock up on defense.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Free agency is going to change a lot of views on the direction this staff is going. I think we can almost exclusively use the draft on defense.
Just get TWO real WR’s. One in the draft, one in free agency. Then let’s stock up on defense.

Love it Slan!

We differ a little in that I guess you don't see Hollywood as a viable option for WR2. I say if we can get him on the cheap, he might turn out to be a bargain. But agree with you generally.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it Slan!

We differ a little in that I guess you don't see Hollywood as a viable option for WR2. I say if we can get him on the cheap, he might turn out to be a bargain. But agree with you generally.
The problem I have with Brown is he is an expensive part of the Smurf attack. We need bigger.
I won’t be shocked if we retain him but for the money he’s going to get I think we could get better. I’m talking size, blocking and availability.