Who is going to play LT for the Cards this year?

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that this is a huge factor in signing Peyton. With Levi being released, are we going to be able to get a LT in place by Fri?

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dunno, I always thought the Cardinals were better off just having four lineman and keeping Levi Brown off the field.

There's no way we get an LT by Friday. However, I'd say we're looking at Gaither or Demetrius Bell in the FA pool and John Martin or Riley Reiff in the draft. Not much of a choice aside from that, though.

OP
OP
bg7brd

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I cant see Peyton signing with us if we don't have a left tackle in place. It's kind of important.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do the Cards have any money under the cap to really address the issue?

Getting rid of Levi Brown brings more than enough room to bring in at least another tackle. Getting rid of Kolb brings in enough room for Peyton, especially if we rid ourselves of other cap casualties like Joey Porter and Stewart Bradley.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Not only is signing two OTs in FA crucial to signing Manning but it's crucial to providing flexibility in the draft.

Suppose the Cards sign Bell and Collins (or perhaps Winston). This provides the Cards the flexibility to take the BPA at #13 or trade down to #17 and pick up a 2nd. Suppose the Cards could move to #17 and pick up their #2 WR in Floyd then in round #2 pick up a OLB in Chandler Jones, Ronnell Lewis or Vinny Curry. Then in the 3rd grab someone like Brandon Brooks OG.

I guess it depends on where you find the best value and where you want to spend your money. Is there better value at OT in FA or in the draft? Is there better value at WR and OLB in FA or the draft?

I prefer the Cards shore up the line.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We are not fielding a team this Sunday to play...what Peyton expects is a plan from our coaches and front office on our intentions regarding the OL and I'm sure they told him...hope it was a good one

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That is what I say PJ1, Winston suddenly becoming available for this team and its current condition at tackle is a god send, no matter if he is a LT or RT...we have none. We are going to need tackles to win no matter who is QB

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
We are not fielding a team this Sunday to play...what Peyton expects is a plan from our coaches and front office on our intentions regarding the OL and I'm sure they told him...hope it was a good one

:thumbup:

OP
OP
bg7brd

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don't think intentions will cut it. Everyone has intentions during free agency. How many teams are out there looking for a RT? Giants, Browns, Chiefs, Dolphins, Vikings, etc.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Getting rid of Levi Brown brings more than enough room to bring in at least another tackle. Getting rid of Kolb brings in enough room for Peyton, especially if we rid ourselves of other cap casualties like Joey Porter and Stewart Bradley.

Bradley is only a $2M saving if cut and we need depth and more at ILB. Heap is frankly a more likely target. However, as mentioned, there is all kinds of restructuring that can be done to release space as need arises.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard