Who do you want?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren is not guard. He has terrible ball handling skills when pressured. At least JJ offers some level of ballhandling. I think that’s why he started.

Warren can shoot though. Jackson is not a guard either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson also had 7 turnovers last night.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Warren can shoot though. Jackson is not a guard either.
JJ provides some ability to create off the dribble for himself and others (things that guards are asked to do) and Warren has shown absolutely no ability in those areas. Thus it makes a lot more sense to me that JJ start in place of Booker over Warren. Largely because Ariza can't do those things either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ provides some ability to create off the dribble for himself and others (things that guards are asked to do) and Warren has shown absolutely no ability in those areas. Thus it makes a lot more sense to me that JJ start in place of Booker over Warren. Largely because Ariza can't do those things either.

I would have preferred another option than Jackson starting at shooting guard.

It made more sense for Okobo or Crawford to start there.

However, if my only choices were Jackson or Warren, I would have picked Warren. At least he can shoot. Jackson is not a good shooter and he turned the ball over 7 times.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warren is not a guard. Warren probably should start over Ariza, though. Warren should not pout. Keep your head down young man and keep playing hard. Good things will come to you.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I would have preferred another option than Jackson starting at shooting guard.

It made more sense for Okobo or Crawford to start there.

However, if my only choices were Jackson or Warren, I would have picked Warren. At least he can shoot. Jackson is not a good shooter and he turned the ball over 7 times.
Except it is a ball movement based offense and Warren is far worse in that regard than JJ. Bridges may have been a better option for that role than Warren IMO. If Ariza or Anderson is the one that needs to be replaced than it is Warren all day.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except it is a ball movement based offense and Warren is far worse in that regard than JJ. Bridges may have been a better option for that role than Warren IMO. If Ariza or Anderson is the one that needs to be replaced than it is Warren all day.

Bridges would have been another good option to start at shooting guard. All I'm saying is I don't think playing Jackson at shooting guard is the best idea.

It will be interesting if he starts there again today.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bridges would have been another good option to start at shooting guard. All I'm saying is I don't playing Jackson at shooting guard is the best idea.

It will be interesting if he starts there again today.

Considering that Kokoskov has made zero adjustments this year, I would count on it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jackson's PER is .6. That is not 6. It is 0.6. Every day his trade value drops.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson's PER is .6. That is not 6. It is 0.6. Every day his trade value drops.

This is incredible.

I've been having this off the wall idea if Jackson's shooting doesn't improve.

Let's say it is a last option.

He might be used as a backup center because he is incredibly active and has some passing skills. This might fit with the Suns facilitating their offense out of the center position. Also his shots would be nearer the basket. Playing power forward might be an option as well.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
IF that's the case, they need to trade him ASAP, as he's Bledsoe/Knight waiting to happen.
I hate to say it but that is why the Suns need to stop choosing inexperienced Head Coaches. It is his job to manage the roster properly.

How can he if all of our Head Coaches are always (or not always) learning on the job?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hate to say it but that is why the Suns need to stop choosing inexperienced Head Coaches. It is his job to manage the roster properly.

How can he if all of our Head Coaches are always (or not always) learning on the job?

Not to mention GMs learning on the job...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jackson starts at shooting guard again. Like I said, Kokoskov is incapable of making an adjustment. Either that or he is just stubborn and refuses to do so.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jackson starts at shooting guard again. Like I said, Kokoskov is incapable of making an adjustment. Either that or he is just stubborn and refuses to do so.

What adjustment is he supposed to make. Jackson is one of our best 5 players. It doesn't mean he's good, but our roster is crap.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What adjustment is he supposed to make. Jackson is one of our best 5 players. It doesn't mean he's good, but our roster is crap.

At this point, I would at least start with a DNP - Coach's Decision for Ariza and with starting Warren for Anderson.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the league should change the rule as far as when a player signed in free agency can be dealt. December 15th made more sense when the season started later, at the beginning of November. It should be 60 days or December 1st, whichever is later. It does serve a purpose but some signings don't work out and sticking teams with guys who aren't working out hurts the team and the player. The player doesn't see as many minutes, definitely not as productive minutes, and the team is stuck with someone who doesn't fit.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My guess is that when Ariza signed, he thought the Suns were farther along in the rebuild and closer to contention then they actually were. (Maybe McD even sold him a bill of goods to that effect.) Then Ariza saw reality sink in during preseason, and when no effort was made to acquire a point guard when that clearly was a major problem for this team, Ariza decided he didn't want to be here anymore. Other than the first game, where he still had to demonstrate he was capable of playing at a high level if he wanted to do so, Ariza has played like he wants out of here ASAP. It really is a repeat of what happened with Bledsoe at the beginning of last season.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I think you can make a case for Igor not jumping around to different line ups. He's been coaching a long time and has established a method that he's found worthwhile in the past. I imagine he finds Ariza's play, for example, as depressing was we do but his method indicates staying with him longer. It is possible that in these circumstances his method in not best but claiming that he cannot made adaptations is silly, IMO. Frankly, I'm vastly more concerned about Sarver losing patience and quadrupling his meddle rate than I am about Igor not being capable of coaching this team. Making rapid fire changes and then having to undo half of them is probably the worst way to proceed.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Igor is not inexperienced. Triano was experienced.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get the "inexperienced coach" stuff. Sure, Igor hasn't been a head coach in the NBA before but he has been a head coach for international teams and the top assistant for multiple successful NBA coaches. It seems like some people would prefer a Terry Porter type of coach simply because he's been a head coach before. When it comes to coaches who have been head coaches elsewhere then you need to figure out why they were fired from their previous position. It's not like there were multiple experienced head coaches available this past offseason.

An inexperienced head coach would be tweaking the starting 5 and rotations a lot already even though we're 5 games into the season. Some players might be in a slump, some might not have their timing down, and others are still learning to play with each other. Shuffling the starting 5 every game would be something an inexperienced coach would do 5 games into the season, or 3 games into the season actually since that's when some people started calling for changes.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ is definitely not a guard. But absent his ballhandling that leaves a single ballhandlee with booker out. That’s tough.

I'm looking forward to Okobo getting more ball handling duties. It's early but I like what I see.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard