Who do you want?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker
Ayton

Off the table everyone else can go and go now!

Jackson, Warren and my unprotected pick plus the Bucks pick. Blow it up

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I still think Jackson and Warren might be salvageable with a competent point guard, but we're nearing the point of no return on them. I also think Bridges, Okobo and Melton could eventually be part of a good rotation, though Bridges is at least a year from that, and Okobo and Melton are at least 2-3 years from that.

Everyone else on the roster is garbage.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think Jackson and Warren might be salvageable with a competent point guard, but we're nearing the point of no return on them. I also think Bridges, Okobo and Melton could eventually be part of a good rotation, though Bridges is at least a year from that, and Okobo and Melton are at least 2-3 years from that.

Everyone else on the roster is garbage.

EJ brought it up tonight. Booker is out and Warren line is 3 points 3 rebounds how does that happen? EJ said Warren should of said the scoring is on me tonight. No excuse for his effort tonight.

Jackson hasn't made one improvement. I've seen enough.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Booker
Ayton

I agree but I don't think we have to blow anything up. We have a couple of good picks and absolutely do not need another rookie let alone two.

We should be able to land a very good player by trading the two picks and one of Warren, JJ or Bridges. A PG or a PF that can shoot consistently and play some defense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One PG is not going to fix this team.

I know we are frustrated with everyone’s play minus Ayton, but now is not the time to do something stupid.

We are 5 games into a season nobody thought we would have a chance to make the playoffs with one of the youngest teams in the nba, and a first time head coach.

Patience and perspective is needed.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can't preach patience for ever though. We're meant to be pretty much done with the rebuild. Those picks need to go towards getting better now.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is a really tough predicament and exactly why you hire a competent GM to make the right decision.

Oh wait....

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't preach patience for ever though. We're meant to be pretty much done with the rebuild. Those picks need to go towards getting better now.

Nobody said it will last forever. A large part of the rebuild is over, acquiring young talent to build around and that have star potential. We have 2 of those guys as well as Warren, Bridges, and Jackson. We need to give them a minute to develop chemistry and play with each other. I suspect our record will improve each month, winning more in December. We don't need to tank moving forward, we have our young core, now it's time for a competent GM to put the right vets around our young players.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
EJ brought it up tonight. Booker is out and Warren line is 3 points 3 rebounds how does that happen? EJ said Warren should of said the scoring is on me tonight. No excuse for his effort tonight.

Jackson hasn't made one improvement. I've seen enough.
Tom Chambers and EJ were even speculating Warren may have been pouting since JJ got the start over him. Again they were speculating, but they both were disappointed in Warren's performance. They thought his body language he was pouting.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Booker
Ayton

OK, the unprotected pick I could see teams wanting. Really as this team is playing now, if Ayton and Booker are off the table, what would another team want from our remaining guys? Seriously? Even Bridges has only had spot minutes and that's not really enough to evaluate him. Other than that JJ isn't playing like last year, no one would want Ariza and cerainly not Anderson, etc.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tom Chambers and EJ were even speculating Warren may have been pouting since JJ got the start over him. Again they were speculating, but they both were disappointed in Warren's performance. They thought his body language he was pouting.

IF that's the case, they need to trade him ASAP, as he's Bledsoe/Knight waiting to happen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but I don't think we have to blow anything up. We have a couple of good picks and absolutely do not need another rookie let alone two.

We should be able to land a very good player by trading the two picks and one of Warren, JJ or Bridges. A PG or a PF that can shoot consistently and play some defense.

I disagree. We don't need another project (think Len, Bender, Chriss) but I think the right rookie or two could help us a lot. Just imagine if we added the PG or PF equivalent of Ayton? That's probably not going to happen but there are plenty of examples of rookies adding value from the beginning. But we do need to stop swinging for the fences and start filling holes. We probably have a better chance of drafting a difference maker at the point than we do signing or trading for one but I wouldn't take any approach off the table.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I disagree. We don't need another project (think Len, Bender, Chriss) but I think the right rookie or two could help us a lot. Just imagine if we added the PG or PF equivalent of Ayton? That's probably not going to happen but there are plenty of examples of rookies adding value from the beginning. But we do need to stop swinging for the fences and start filling holes. We probably have a better chance of drafting a difference maker at the point than we do signing or trading for one but I wouldn't take any approach off the table.
I just don't think we have the firepower to land a guy like Damien Lillard right now anyway. Like you said, we may have to re-stock from the draft. Maybe get a journeyman PG before the draft deadline, but at what cost?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sidery says we might end up with Wall. I know the contract is horrible. But after considering the fact that we are paying $49 million this year to Anderson, Ariza, and Chandler, it doesn't look so outrageous. The fact that he is owed so much money should make him cheaper in other assets in a trade.

If we had $49 million in free agent money, we would spend it on multiple mediocre players anyway.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sidery says we might end up with Wall. I know the contract is horrible. But after considering the fact that we are paying $49 million this year to Anderson, Ariza, and Chandler, it doesn't look so outrageous. The fact that he is owed so much money should make him cheaper in other assets in a trade.

If we had $49 million in free agent money, we would spend it on multiple mediocre players anyway.
At least Wall is supposed to play defense. The Western Conference has way better PGs though. I would not mind him as our PG. Better than other guys mentioned. We would have to give up a couple first rounders because they would have to take back Chandler, Anderson, Ariza or some such combination just to make the salaries work.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I mean can you blame Warren? He is Mr. Steady, consistently scores 20. With him actually hitting threes this year, I've changed course on him a bit.

Right now I would trade Jackson before Warren.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That is really pathetic. They are horrible and all should be dropped.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Warren should have started over Jackson. Jackson has not earned the right to start.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I wouldn’t give Wall that contract if he were a FA. Sidery is just speculating.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At this point I’d consider taking wall. I love the talent. I like that he’s a going 28 (just turned in September). I like that he’s a big pg and plays some bully-ball at the position. His contract was always the prohibitor for me, but as someone adroitly pointed out, we have ariza Anderson and chandler eating up enormous tracts of capspace. I’d rather have wall and rookies than those three.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
1) Markkanen & Patrick Beverly

2) John Wall

3) D'Angelo Russell