Who could the Suns add to the roster that would help?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, He could use the one he needlessly gave away in the Chris Paul trade, or the one he could have gotten for moving down to select Jalen Smith.

There was a reason I was so pissed about him this offseason.

The 2020 draft was a good draft to trade back if there was an offer on the table.

I also wonder what it would take to remove the protection on the pick traded to OKC. That way the Suns would be able to trade a first round pick before 2026.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter or Galloway for Whiteside or McGee, or sign either as a buyout candidate. Sign Drummond as a buyout candidate. Sign Cousins.

Then play Ayton at the 4, where he seems to prefer to play, anyway.

why would those teams want Galloway or Carter?

Sign Cousins? ****. He's trash at this point that no one wants to touch with a ten foot pole.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact is that we have problems with interior defense as it is. The blueprint to beat the Suns is out there. Play physical inside and pound the paint. With any opponent that does that, the Suns have to shoot an insane percentage from outside to win, as they did in Portland. That is simply not sustainable for the Suns.

Unless the Suns address their weakness in the front court and get Ayton some help with interior defense, interior scoring and rebounding, this team will continue to be overreliant on outside shots falling, with a worn out Booker and an old Paul and Crowder shooting the bulk of them, in which event second in the West will be a distant memory, and this team will struggle just to make the playoffs.

Plus at this point it is clear that Ayton is far more effective playing next to another big and far less effective playing as the only interior presence surrounded by wings and guards.

they'll struggle to just make the playoffs? @Chris_Sanders I take back my vote. just permanban this imbecile.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact is that we have problems with interior defense as it is. The blueprint to beat the Suns is out there. Play physical inside and pound the paint. With any opponent that does that, the Suns have to shoot an insane percentage from outside to win, as they did in Portland. That is simply not sustainable for the Suns.

Unless the Suns address their weakness in the front court and get Ayton some help with interior defense, interior scoring and rebounding, this team will continue to be overreliant on outside shots falling, with a worn out Booker and an old Paul and Crowder shooting the bulk of them, in which event second in the West will be a distant memory, and this team will struggle just to make the playoffs.

Plus at this point it is clear that Ayton is far more effective playing next to another big and far less effective playing as the only interior presence surrounded by wings and guards.

I have my doubts about how far they can go into the playoffs but struggle to make the playoffs with the 2nd best record at the break? I hope that stuff you are taking is legal.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have my doubts about how far they can go into the playoffs but struggle to make the playoffs with the 2nd best record at the break? I hope that stuff you are taking is legal.

Is it really all that unrealistic? It would almost exactly parallel what happened with the Cardinals in the NFL after opponents figured THEM out at right about the same part of the season (just after the halfway point, when the Cardinals were 6-3, leading the division and had the second best record in the NFC).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it really all that unrealistic? It would almost exactly parallel what happened with the Cardinals in the NFL after opponents figured THEM out at right about the same part of the season (just after the halfway point, when the Cardinals were 6-3, leading the division and had the second best record in the NFC).

you realize we’ve won 17 of 21 games, right? And prior to Saturday nights letdown, we had won 5 in a row? And that this team has one if the best leaders in all of sports on the court leading the team? And they have a solid HC. And depth.

The only reason you can even make the comparison is geography at this point.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you realize we’ve won 17 of 21 games, right? And prior to Saturday nights letdown, we had won 5 in a row? And that this team has one if the best leaders in all of sports on the court leading the team? And they have a solid HC. And depth.

You also realize how many of those wins were due to hot outside shooting and required comebacks due to being overmatched in the front court, right? Do you honestly believe this is sustainable, Paul's leadership and Monty's solid coaching notwithstanding?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You also realize how many of those wins were due to hot outside shooting and required comebacks due to being overmatched in the front court, right? Do you honestly believe this is sustainable, Paul's leadership and Monty's solid coaching notwithstanding?

yes. Winning 17 of 21 has been a total fluke.

do I see them staying the 2 seed? Probably not. They’ll cool off. Do I see them plummeting to the point that they struggle to even make the playoffs? No. And neither would anyone else who isn’t desperate for the team to lose so that he can be “right”.

you’re pathetic.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yes. Winning 17 of 21 has been a total fluke.

do I see them staying the 2 seed? Probably not. They’ll cool off. Do I see them plummeting to the point that they struggle to even make the playoffs? No. And neither would anyone else who isn’t desperate for the team to lose so that he can be “right”.

you’re pathetic.

I didn't say "fluke". I said unsustainable. There's a difference. And by the way, the 2010-11 Suns won 16 of 21...and missed the playoffs...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone on the Kings that would help us? Kellan Olson just mentioned on twitter that they could be sellers at the trade deadline.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Why are any of you responding to him? Y’all are stupid.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the Kings that would help us? Kellan Olson just mentioned on twitter that they could be sellers at the trade deadline.

Nemanja Bjelica has been on the outside looking in so I think he could be bought out. He might be the most obtainable.

Too bad the Suns don't have much to trade for Holmes.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So, bringing in terrible interior defenders and pulling Ayton, a great interior defender away from the paint is your solution to this problem.

Sounds like as brilliant of a solution as your endless posts calling for us to dump Chris Paul because he didn't ball out in the preseason.

You had a 2 months to stew as the Suns ran over the league and this is what you came up with? Your hot takes are as putrid as your cold takes.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's not the blueprint. The blueprint has been to pull Ayton to the perimeter where he can no longer keep the penetrators from having their way. We get hurt every now and then with big bodies but we've made the other teams pay greatly for that advantage. We haven't been able to make them pay when our inside presence is outside watching the game.

Well, it looks like the Grizzlies are using the same blueprint, and they are dominating an overall more talented Suns team thus far.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, it's unrealistic. Please point to another example of an NBA team with a top 2 or 3 record in the league collapsing and missing the postseason after having played more than half their games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn’t miss ignoring him and having to read all of you trying in futility to argue with him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How'd that turn out for you?

Check my last post in the game thread. This is a dangerous game the Suns are playing, relying so much on outside shooting to make up for a major disadvantage in the paint.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes, it's unrealistic. Please point to another example of an NBA team with a top 2 or 3 record in the league collapsing and missing the postseason after having played more than half their games.

2010-11 Utah Jazz
2001-02 Milwaukee Bucks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check my last post in the game thread. This is a dangerous game the Suns are playing, relying so much on outside shooting to make up for a major disadvantage in the paint.

good call. They only won by 25. Super dangerous. Totally playing with fire losing 4 of their last 22. I mean, talking about lucky!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2010-11 Utah Jazz
2001-02 Milwaukee Bucks

so you’re expecting the Suns to trade CP3 tomorrow and Monty to quit next week? Because that’s why the Jazz went into the tank after trading Deron Williams and Sloan’s retiring halfway through the season.

also, they were NEVER anywhere Close To the 2nd best record in the league.

I won’t even bother to check how ridiculously off the Bucks season was compared to this Suns team.

you’re a pathetic troll.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson