Whiz really bashing the D

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO not the road to take. His offense is a big part of the defenses collapses. Yet he bashes the defensive mistakes and mentions not the fact we didnt get 1 SINGLE yard in the 3rd quarter.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The defense was giving up big play after big play so I dont really think this is out of line.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The D deserves the bashing. Seattle's O is dreadful & we made them look like stars. We got off to a 7-0 lead & the D couldn't build on the momentum. Our offense is putrid, but we expected that. I at least had some hope that our D would help out this year, but to no avail. Whiz is laying the groundwork to replace Davis, which is needed. He also needs to replace Grimm & hire a full-time OC.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Would they be giving up so many plays if the offense wasnt 3 and out 90% of the time?

I understand your contention, but some of the plays I was referring to were simple mental breakdowns in coverage which had little to do with exhaustion. Most ocame in the early parts of the game, so the defense couldn't be that tired.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree the D should be bashed. But to be the "O coordinator" and to bash the defense when your offense is just as bad will cause division. If I was on the defense Id tell Whiz to straighten his own house first.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Personally I think the O has been a bigger problem than the D this season. This Whis offense is such a pathetic joke that if we don't score a TD on D or ST (and more times than not it requires BOTH) we have no shot at winning.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
The D deserves the bashing. Seattle's O is dreadful & we made them look like stars. We got off to a 7-0 lead & the D couldn't build on the momentum. Our offense is putrid, but we expected that. I at least had some hope that our D would help out this year, but to no avail. Whiz is laying the groundwork to replace Davis, which is needed. He also needs to replace Grimm & hire a full-time OC.

THIS:pullhair:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I understand your contention, but some of the plays I was referring to were simple mental breakdowns in coverage which had little to do with exhaustion. Most came in the early parts of the game, so the defense couldn't be that tired.

Like the 63 yard TD pass that came just a couple of plays after the Cards offense had gone on an 8 play 5:12 drive in the 2nd quarter.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is about time. That was about as bad a performance as I have seen in a long time. This was the Seahags coming to our place and carving up the D.

It was sad really. The missed tackles and wide open receivers. Hasselback standing back there all day. Just horrible.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The D gave up 270 yds passing....in the first half. The Seahawks punted ...once in this game IIRC. So yes they deserve the wrath of the HC and all fans.

The O stank it up after the 1st drive but it is difficult to get any rythme going when the D never forces a 3 and out or forces the opposition to punt the ball.

Look, this was a team loss shared equally by all units and players and coaches.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The crazy thing is O. Mare has made 11 FG vs this team in 2 games...

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Just a thought... how's that O-Line "continuity" concept working out for us? Was it not Whiz who said that we had backups that would be starting for other teams? Yet we won't make changes even though 9 games into the season the O-Line still SUCKS...regardless of run or pass play? Who's fault is that? AW's? Porter's? Toler's? Where is Donald Trump when you need him?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is totally on another level, but I had to fire my own brother once. Wasn't easy and caused alot of problems but he just wasn't getting the job done.

It may not be easy for him either but the bond between Whiz and Grimm/Davis can't be tighter than brothers. He gotta pull the trigger to save his own butt.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Let's see here.

Third Qtr.

AZ kicks off to start 3rd Qtr.
DRC picks off Whitehurst at the Az 22, returns to AZ 44

Offense goes 3 and out gaining 4 yds.
Defense stops Seat at the 16, Seat kicks a FG

Seat kicks off
Scud throws a pick at the AZ 32 on 1st and 10, zero yds. gained
Defense holds Seat to a FG

Seat kicks off
Scud fumbles at the AZ 17 on 2nd and 8, (-3) yds gained

Seat kicks off
Offense goes 3 and out, gains (-10) yds.
Special team allows punt return to AZ 11.
Defense holds Seat to FG.

This all takes place from the start of the 3rd Qtr to 3:37 into the 4th Qtr.
Now by my humble opinion the defense did a bang up jog of holding Seattle to 4 FGs during this time.

The Offense ran 6 plays in the 3rd Qtr.

Whiz is ripping the defense in the presser? The guy has officially lost it and will not ever lay any blame on the Offense as long as he is calling the plays.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Really?? We're gonna now attempt to argue which side of the ball is worse?? :bang:

How 'bout we simply say that they both are league-worst! Period. If you want to make excuses for the defense by laying it on the offense, go for it I guess... Like, I'm so sure it's the offense's problems that causes A-Dub to become epileptic in pass coverage. Or why Toler and DRC are now claiming they can't play the scheme they are being asked to play. Or, why guys like Dockett and Campbell have disappeared this year...
I'm sure, when the Hawks got the ball to start the 3rd quarter yesterday, and then marched right down the field as if our defense was a pop warner team, that they were able to maul us like that because of our offense...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really?? We're gonna now attempt to argue which side of the ball is worse?? :bang:

How 'bout we simply say that they both are league-worst! Period. If you want to make excuses for the defense by laying it on the offense, go for it I guess... Like, I'm so sure it's the offense's problems that causes A-Dub to become epileptic in pass coverage. Or why Toler and DRC are now claiming they can't play the scheme they are being asked to play. Or, why guys like Dockett and Campbell have disappeared this year...
I'm sure, when the Hawks got the ball to start the 3rd quarter yesterday, and then marched right down the field as if our defense was a pop warner team, that they were able to maul us like that because of our offense...
This.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Let's see here.

Third Qtr.

Seat kicks off

Seat kicks off

Seat kicks off

Now by my humble opinion the defense did a bang up jog of holding Seattle to 4 FGs during this time.

Whiz is ripping the defense in the presser? The guy has officially lost it and will not ever lay any blame on the Offense as long as he is calling the plays.

1st Half Stats:

TOP: Cards - 15:02, Hags - 12:58

Hasselback: 17 of 23 for 273 yards
Williams: 7 catches for 91 yards

We trailed 17-10 at the half, yet, it should have been far worse... The Hags settled for a FG on one drive, and then went for it on 4th & less than 1 under 2 mins left on our 16 yard line - they failed in that attempt as Hasselback amazingly went down when he wasn't even touched by a defender... a gift.

But yea - somehow all those yards and the incredible DOMINANCE of Williams is all because of our offense... :bang:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did he bash the guy who keeps starting an over-the-hill, ineffective NT over superior options? And only kept two serviceable CBs on the roster? And thought having two 33-year-old OLBs long past their prime with essentially no one backing them up (sorry, Will Davis) would suffice? And who chose a player who was cut by the Patriots in training camp last year to replace our best defensive player?

If so, then good for Whis. If not, he needs to look in the mirror a bit more.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
2011 Free Agemt QBs At Bottom of Page

IMO not the road to take. His offense is a big part of the defenses collapses. Yet he bashes the defensive mistakes and mentions not the fact we didnt get 1 SINGLE yard in the 3rd quarter.

There are a lot of people to bash including some of the calls Whiz made. What was with that call when we were on the opponents 5 yard line and he calls a run up the middle? In my opinion that was a dumb call. Another reason to have an OC. Can you see Kurt Warner calling a run up the middle on 3rd and five at the goal line? Yes I know we have Anderson but still think it was a dumb call.

I see few games we can win this year and hopefully will be in a position to pick in the top 10-5. There will be a good QB in that group. Mel Kiper already has the Georgia receiver Green as the top pick this year. Hopefully the top teams in the draft do not need a QB. Kiper has Ryan Mallet in he top ten. Mallet threw 5 TDs and ran for another on Saturday in three quarters. Then was pulled to rest for next week. We may not be in a position to get the top two QBs but I think we will be in a position to get Mallet. He has a strong arm and can thread the ball up the middle in a crowd and hit his receivers. The NFL likes that. He is breaking nearly every QB record at Arkansas since they started football and he is only a junior. He could easily move back into consideration for the Heisman if he continues his great play against Mississippi State at Starkville next week and especially playing well at LSU in the final game of the season. We could end up 10-2 which would help his chances. The LSU game will be nationally televised and there will be several NFL prospects playing. This will be worth a look. The announcer this week was a former NFL coach and he said that there had been only a couple of NFL QBs who were successful that were 6'6" or taller. That does not bode well for Mallet but he sure has no problem in college and that height sure has been beneficial as he can see the open guys particular up the middle in a crowd that a shorter QB could not see and has the arm to thread a rope on target.

No matter who we draft it will likely be we will have to find a veteran free agent QB. That will determine just what we will be next year. McNabb is often mentioned. I simply do not know who to suggest we might go after. I hope money is not a big consideration and we settle for less like we did this year. One has to think we are in QB hell because of money??? Did we sign Anderson on a deal longer than one year?

Here is a list of the 2011 free agent QB's. Kyle Orton looks like a good choice to me.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see here.

Third Qtr.

Seat kicks off

Seat kicks off

Seat kicks off

BINGO!

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How 'bout we simply say that they both are league-worst! Period. ...

OK so if you play on the defense your not going to be irked that your HC (and OC) is bashing the defense after having to constantly be on the field? PUH-LEASE.

If your on defense that coach better be bashing both sides of the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson