Whiz really bashing the D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This all takes place from the start of the 3rd Qtr to 3:37 into the 4th Qtr.
Now by my humble opinion the defense did a bang up jog of holding Seattle to 4 FGs during this time.

You left out one other thing that I think combined with the INT and Fumble killed the team during that stretch, the reversal of Porter's fumble recovery.

That's 3 hammer blows to the team in a short time frame.

But regardless of how bad your offense is your defense is not good if they have allowed a 1000 yards of offense in just the last two games or 5 out of 9 games giving up over 400 yards.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Would they be giving up so many plays if the offense wasnt 3 and out 90% of the time?

You are absolutely correct Swd. I think I heard the announcer say at one point we were zero for 8 on third down attempts. How bad is that? Has this team given up at this point? We have no running game with Wells out as that leaves us only with Hightower. Any NFL team these days need two RB's who are good. Not only do we not have a good starting QB we have no good backup and the third QB has never thrown a pass in he NFL. Anderson may not last the season with the hits he is taking. The DB's are being eaten alive. Even Wilson is starting to show his age. This may be the greatest change in a teams fortunes just two years from a past Superbowl. If Warner was the QB this year I wonder what our record would be? Who do you guys think is responsible for us staring the season with the QB's we now have on this team? Whiz must have expressed his doubts early on about his concerns about Leinart so it figures that management had an inkling Leinart would not be here one way or the other. Apparently they did not take that into consideration. I still think it came down to money as it always has with our ownership. I am already in draft mode and wondering where we will finish. Will our DC be fired at the end of the season? Will Whiz hire and OC? Will we sign one of the better FAs available? I think the season tickets are sold out for 2011 but they sure want be for 2012 unless this team shows a big turn around next year. Is Graves the GM for life? Will ownership use all of the salary cap money or hold some back for themselves? In essence we have become the old Cardinals prior to Kurt Warner who may have just been a blip on our radar that is now gone. Oh! how this all hurts. The season is barely half over and we have become irrelevant.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
OK so if you play on the defense your not going to be irked that your HC (and OC) is bashing the defense after having to constantly be on the field? PUH-LEASE.

If your on defense that coach better be bashing both sides of the ball.

Whatever... we actually led in TOP in the first half - you seem to want to look past that reality.

As I said, both sides of the ball epically suck! The defense is beyond horrendous. You seem to want to place blame for their putrid play on the shoulders of the offense. That might work if they actually showed some signs of being able to stop an offense in a sustained manner. However, that's not the case. They gave up 500 yards yesterday - and really, it could've been much more...
The week before, they gave up nearly 500 yards passing to an old man who, this week threw 3 INT's and 170 yards! Oh, and in that Viking game, the Vikes had a TOP advantage of 10 mins. Is that really such a huge differrential that our defense should just collapse like that, simply because they were on the field for 10 mins more than the Vikes?? As you say, "PUH Lease"!!!!!
Finally, the week before the Vikes game, against the Bucs, we allowed another 400+ yards in total offense. Josh Freeman completed 72% of his passes against us! Blount ran for 120 yards... And, oh yea, the Bucs had a WHOPPING 1 minute advantage in TOP over the Cards....

But yea - our offense is precisely why our defense is so dreadful... :mulli:

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I said, both sides of the ball epically suck! The defense is beyond horrendous. You seem to want to place blame for their putrid play on the shoulders of the offense. :

82 as usual you miss the mark 100%

I in no way am saying th O is worse than the D. I AM saying that a head coach, who happens to be the OC, is calling out the defense and not saying one thing about the O except they are working on it.

What he is NOT saying about the O is much louder than what he is saying about the D TO THE CARDINALS PLAYERS THAT PLAY DEFENSE.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really, cuz your first quote here seems to suggest otherwise... :p

Im talking from the point of the defensive players. Why are you trying to prove what my point is? I started the thread.

You cant see a problem with Whiz calling out the defense with the way the offense is playing?

So if at your job you were equally bad as a fellow employee but he got all the raises and good reviews while you were called out all the time wouldnt affect you?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Im talking from the point of the defensive players. Why are you trying to prove what my point is? I started the thread.

You cant see a problem with Whiz calling out the defense with the way the offense is playing?

So if at your job you were equally bad as a fellow employee but he got all the raises and good reviews while you were called out all the time wouldnt affect you?

Is Whiz praising the offense?? Must have missed that... :mulli:

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Whiz praising the offense?? Must have missed that... :mulli:

wow you love to dance around the point dont you?

OK 82 since you just wanna be a jerk answer these clearly.

1) Is Whiz equally bashing the offense as he is the defense? (please show articles)

2) If you were a defensive player would this irk you?

3) Do you think a coach allienating the two sides of the ball (ala Buddy Ryan days) is a good thing?

Real simple bet anything you cant do it.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually nevermind just gonna block you since you just want to cause issues instead of discussing a post. If you do not have anything to add to someones post just ignore it all together. Please feel free to use the advice. Bye Bye now.

titan

i hate the farm
Reaction score
i know i know this has been brought up umpteen times now. john h is right this all comes back to the quarterback. just think if we had a veteran QB and look how many times Fitz, breaston and early and others have been open. a vet would have made alot of those plays work and keeping the defense sitting on the side line resting. also remember dockett wasn't playing this game. it's the good veteran QB that makes all the difference to a team. look at teams when there #1 went down, they struggle because there is a difference between #1 and #2. whats sad is they knew this was going to happen and didn't even try to fix it. in a way this reminds me of that a-hole coach Ryan when he spent all the time and money and draft picks on the defense and did nothing for the offense. we had the 2nd best defense in the NFL but had the worst offense. then he ragged in the press about the offense sucking. bad times, i still hate coach Ryan for walking out of a game with minutes still left to play. i hope whiz has learned his lesson here and makes a lot of changes for his sake. mho

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree the D should be bashed. But to be the "O coordinator" and to bash the defense when your offense is just as bad will cause division. If I was on the defense Id tell Whiz to straighten his own house first.

Agree 100%...How can you point fingers when the unit you control is probably even worse???

The defense held Seattle 5 times inside the 15 to 4 fg's and a miss fg...I mean DA threw an INT and fumbled inside his own 20 and they got 3 points total....The game was winnable if the offense could atleast move the ball a few times.

What about getting the ball at the 33 and 40 and getting no points from the offense.

Typical Stupid Whiz...Lets bash someone else other than say...WE AS A TEAM...SUCKED IT UP....And all of us need to improve.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree 100%...How can you point fingers when the unit you control is probably even worse???

The defense held Seattle 5 times inside the 15 to 4 fg's and a miss fg...I mean DA threw an INT and fumbled inside his own 20 and they got 3 points total....The game was winnable if the offense could atleast move the ball a few times.

What about getting the ball at the 33 and 40 and getting no points from the offense.

Typical Stupid Whiz...Lets bash someone else other than say...WE AS A TEAM...SUCKED IT UP....And all of us need to improve.

A man who can understand a pretty clear point.....

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree the D should be bashed. But to be the "O coordinator" and to bash the defense when your offense is just as bad will cause division. If I was on the defense Id tell Whiz to straighten his own house first.

That would be a fast way to find a new job. Don't think Whiz would stand for that. There is a reason why you never hear anyone speak out.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This defense makes scrubs look like Pro Bowlers. Mike Williams should send half of the next contract he makes to Greg Toler.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Let's see here.

Third Qtr.

AZ kicks off to start 3rd Qtr.
DRC picks off Whitehurst at the Az 22, returns to AZ 44

Offense goes 3 and out gaining 4 yds.
Defense stops Seat at the 16, Seat kicks a FG

Seat kicks off
Scud throws a pick at the AZ 32 on 1st and 10, zero yds. gained
Defense holds Seat to a FG

Seat kicks off
Scud fumbles at the AZ 17 on 2nd and 8, (-3) yds gained
Defense holds Seat to a FG

Seat kicks off
Offense goes 3 and out, gains (-10) yds.
Special team allows punt return to AZ 11.
Defense holds Seat to FG.

This all takes place from the start of the 3rd Qtr to 3:37 into the 4th Qtr.
Now by my humble opinion the defense did a bang up jog of holding Seattle to 4 FGs during this time.

The Offense ran 6 plays in the 3rd Qtr.

Whiz is ripping the defense in the presser? The guy has officially lost it and will not ever lay any blame on the Offense as long as he is calling the plays.

Whether it is the defense or the offense or the special teams it is the Head Coaches responsibility. His coordinators may be lousy but he hired them. If coach Whiz wants to start laying blame it should be on the GM who provided him with whatever players suck.
As fans all we see is what goes on the field. The reality is the GM hired the Head Coach who selected the coordinators.He also drafted players and signed free agents. Our real problem is up top gentleman. I will say that this is true if Rod Graves is the real GM and does make the GM decisions. None of us know just what Rod Graves really does. We can only guess but I will go under the assumption that he performs the functions normally performed by an NFL GM. Our team is what it is. A very poor one from management down to some of the players. No use going over what happened as this team is not going to make the playoffs. We can only see if the players just lay down and try and avoid getting injured. They are now playing for pride we hope. If they are just playing for money we will only get worse. Stay healthy to play another season.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I rewatched the after game presser and then watched todays presser.

Whiz did not single out any one unit. He expressed dissapoint in the results but did not name players and did not say that it was the D's fault.

If you haven't listened to them then I recommend doing so. If you have listened and think Whiz is pitting one unit against another then listen again. If you still come to that conclussion then take some remedial active listening courses.

http://www.azcardinals.com/photos-v...82b2#?id=92f7f611-3812-46c8-9b1e-7b70b0e5134b

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't blame Whiz for bashing his D (or the offense for that matter). Our D has flat out sucked going back to our SB run in '08. Our D was bad the SB year and frankly lost a SB for us, and our D last year was one of the worst in the league (only difference between last year and this year is that last year Warner hid a lot of problems). This year, our D may set a record for ineptness.

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not sure Whiz knows what is going on with his team or with his coaches!!!!!!!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The whole point of my post was to point out that if as a head coach you are going to call out your defense then you better call out your offense as well considering they played just as bad if not worse than your defense especially if you are a part of that dismal effort by the offense.

Yes the defense gave up some yardage on two drives in the third quarter however they did not let them into the endzone.

The offense could not even get a first down in the third quarter and turned the ball over twice.

To call out one side and ignore the fact that the other side contributed to this massacre is going to cause tension and division on a team that is already to the point of collapse.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole point of my post was to point out that if as a head coach you are going to call out your defense then you better call out your offense as well considering they played just as bad if not worse than your defense especially if you are a part of that dismal effort by the offense.

Yes the defense gave up some yardage on two drives in the third quarter however they did not let them into the endzone.

The offense could not even get a first down in the third quarter and turned the ball over twice.

To call out one side and ignore the fact that the other side contributed to this massacre is going to cause tension and division on a team that is already to the point of collapse.

I rewatched the after game presser and then watched todays presser.

Whiz did not single out any one unit. He expressed dissapoint in the results but did not name players and did not say that it was the D's fault.

If you haven't listened to them then I recommend doing so. If you have listened and think Whiz is pitting one unit against another then listen again. If you still come to that conclussion then take some remedial active listening courses.

http://www.azcardinals.com/photos-v...82b2#?id=92f7f611-3812-46c8-9b1e-7b70b0e5134b

Seriously, listen again. In the after game presser he answers a question about the D and obvioulsy isn't happy with the results. He then answers a question about the O and obviously isn't happy with the results.

The Monday presser is pretty much the same thing except in states at one point that this is a team and everyone needs to improve their performance.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Two of the plays on ESPNs TOP 10 PLAYS of the whole wide world of sports was the Cards D getting lit up by Hasselbeck and Williams.:(