Whisenhunt and His Knuckleheads

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You know, it's so simple, so armchair, so peanut-gallery, to point to dudes we let go and not focus on guys we've kept and guys we have. It's all within a structure. All within a salary cap.

Why can't we focus on what we have now?

Why focus on dudes we lost years ago, guys we didn't draft years ago? It's idiotic. Teams that do that just suck frankly.

We have to focus on what we do have, and we have some good players in Fitz, Campbell, DWash, Adub, Dockett (I know you hate Dockett, cuz he took a shower, lol), etc.

We can keep looking at the past and not realize what we've gained as an example, and we can stay chumps, or we can realize that for every DE Smith, we get a Campbell, and for every DRC, we have a Patrick Peterson, for every Dansby, there's a Dwash. Let's get real man. Why must we keep looking backward? We do that way too much, even regarding our SB year. We have to move on, it's the only way to get better.

Because its fun to debate about.

Especially for a guy like me who loves Cardinal history/lore and looking at what might have happened. (see Harry Turtledove) :)

What you wrote is a little like the posters who come on here and diss a thread topic about the past by writing "I can't wait for the games to start so we'll actually have something worthwhile to talk about besides ancient history" and then when the games start diss threads by writing "the game's over, its history, we need to move on".

You can also sometimes get an idea as to what the Cardinals will do in the future by looking at what they've done in the past.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Because its fun to debate about.

Especially for a guy like me who loves Cardinal history/lore and looking at what might have happened. (see Harry Turtledove) :)

What you wrote is a little like the posters who come on here and diss a thread topic about the past by writing "I can't wait for the games to start so we'll actually have something worthwhile to talk about besides ancient history" and then when the games start diss threads by writing "the game's over, its history, we need to move on".

You can also sometimes get an idea as to what the Cardinals will do in the future by looking at what they've done in the past.
I just drink a lot

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Nobody ever even argues with me anymore, my posts go by like they aint even there.

That's because you are too diplomatic and cordial.

Want to get some responses to your posts? Write something like Daryl Washington is overrated or even better that Beanie Wells is a good a RB as Adrian Peterson.

:D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, it's so simple, so armchair, so peanut-gallery, to point to dudes we let go and not focus on guys we've kept and guys we have. It's all within a structure. All within a salary cap.

Why focus on dudes we lost years ago, guys we didn't draft years ago? It's idiotic. Teams that do that just suck frankly.

We have to focus on what we do have, and we have some good players in Fitz, Campbell, DWash, Adub, Dockett (I know you hate Dockett, cuz he took a shower, lol), etc.

We can keep looking at the past and not realize what we've gained as an example, and we can stay chumps, or we can realize that for every DE Smith, we get a Campbell, and for every DRC, we have a Patrick Peterson, for every Dansby, there's a Dwash. Let's get real man. Why must we keep looking backward? We do that way too much, even regarding our SB year. We have to move on, it's the only way to get better.

Good post and so very true. Some people relish living in the past while some of us prefer to look to the future.

It's hard for some fans to understand that we are only along for the ride. Nothing we say or do will change how the Cards operate. Complaining is futile. Negativity is stress inducing. Just hop on the wagon and enjoy the ride. Spend a few minutes crying about a loss, but get over it. There is always next week or next year. ;)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good post and so very true. Some people relish living in the past while some of us prefer to look to the future.

It's hard for some fans to understand that we are only along for the ride. Nothing we say or do will change how the Cards operate. Complaining is futile. Negativity is stress inducing. Just hop on the wagon and enjoy the ride. Spend a few minutes crying about a loss, but get over it. There is always next week or next year. ;)

I didn't know you went to Texas A&M. Wait'll next year! But there is no "next year" for a&m.

Justin Tucker kicked a 40-yard field goal as time expired to give the Longhorns a 27-25 victory over host Texas A&M last night in the likely end of a more than century-old rivalry.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...farewell_XO5EREUrxqF6xE0hzqbjYI#ixzz1nVb4PUgl

:D :wave: :cheers:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Dawg the Dawg

so Whiz and Graves do not sign a single drafted Cardinal for 5 years, you know from our first ever super bowl Team? And i'm insulting the fan base for saying so, Now We sign DD and AW, Kurt wasn't drafted but He went to the Division Rival Niners before he bowed to the Cardinals contract.

Truth is I support not overspending on Rolle and dansby and Q. But just to sign Mcfadden, Porter and Faneca for the big bucks! Sorry beat me call me an idiot, trash my good nature all you want.

Sendlein, Deuce, Reggie Wells, Levi, Bridges don't deserve contracts? Matt Leinart don't even deserve to finish the year for the 2.5 million owed? DA, Hall, St pierre, Barton, Skelton were so much better!

MY STATE'S NFL TEAM is being managed by STUPID people again this offseason. NO other GM or HC would keep their jobs after this many years of this horse crap. They were outperformed by all the FIRED Head Coaches and GM'S! Hands down.

Someday you have to open your eyes, The culture hasn't changed at all, fan base, state or management, Levi Brown would not consider staying for EQUAL MONEY! Nor will PP, DD and even AW and all your personel "Wins"

That is just the damned truth. Cut throat HC, cut throat GM, cut throat fans want hometown discounts? We get what we give- like Dansby's franchise tag!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, cutting a guy who has been a backup ever since he left, finally got in a game and broke his shoulder again and will likely never be more than a #2 again was a horrible move still? You are one stubborn guy.

I dont have Matt graded "95 elite" like Thesmel does, but when cutting him leaves you with Derek Andersuck and Max Hall, yes, it was a horrible horrible move.

Matt is not good, by any stretch of the imagination, but he would have been a much better option than the pure garbage we were stuck with.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont have Matt graded "95 elite" like Thesmel does, but when cutting him leaves you with Derek Andersuck and Max Hall, yes, it was a horrible horrible move.

Matt is not good, by any stretch of the imagination, but he would have been a much better option than the pure garbage we were stuck with.

Starting to think that K-9 has two accounts. ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We were definitely left with pure garbage but I'm just not convinced we'd have been any better off if Leinart had been taking the snaps. He just hadn't been the same guy back there since his last shoulder injury and all he'd really shown was an inability to move the team. And there's no reason to think he'd have lasted any longer out there for us than he did for Houston.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were definitely left with pure garbage but I'm just not convinced we'd have been any better off if Leinart had been taking the snaps. He just hadn't been the same guy back there since his last shoulder injury and all he'd really shown was an inability to move the team. And there's no reason to think he'd have lasted any longer out there for us than he did for Houston.

Steve

Fine, maybe he gets hurt again, but even the snails pace offense he was running was better than Derek Anderson. No matter how it had turned out we would no longer question the Matt Leinart situation, and it certainly could not have turned out worse than it did last year.

And if the team was really set on releasing Matt then they should have done a much better job of addressing the QB situation either in the draft or with a better option in free agency. Thats what really killed me, I had no love for Matt, but that they dumped him for a historically bad QB in Derek Anderson was ridiculous.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fine, maybe he gets hurt again, but even the snails pace offense he was running was better than Derek Anderson. No matter how it had turned out we would no longer question the Matt Leinart situation, and it certainly could not have turned out worse than it did last year.

And if the team was really set on releasing Matt then they should have done a much better job of addressing the QB situation either in the draft or with a better option in free agency. Thats what really killed me, I had no love for Matt, but that they dumped him for a historically bad QB in Derek Anderson was ridiculous.

:thumbup:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If that's what they did, then I completely agree. However, I'm not sure that's exactly what happened. I think Whiz sent Matt to the bench hoping to motivate him and our inept offense and it backfired. I don't think he cut Matt because he thought he had a better QB, I think he cut him because neither he nor the player fully believed in the other and he had reason to fear Matt's impact on the clubhouse as a result of that mutual distrust. Either way, with the QB options available to us going into the preseason, I think we were destined for a dismal season.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that's what they did, then I completely agree. However, I'm not sure that's exactly what happened. I think Whiz sent Matt to the bench hoping to motivate him and our inept offense and it backfired. I don't think he cut Matt because he thought he had a better QB, I think he cut him because neither he nor the player fully believed in the other and he had reason to fear Matt's impact on the clubhouse as a result of that mutual distrust. Either way, with the QB options available to us going into the preseason, I think we were destined for a dismal season.

Steve

Well, to an extent I dont blame Matt for being ticked about being benched. Anderson had played horrible in the preseason and somehow got moved up the depth chart. At that point I am sure Matt was as baffled as most fans were and unfortunately he voiced his frustration to the media, which obviously he shouldnt have done, but I can hardly blame him.

But the team should never have signed Anderson to begin with, the guy had a below 50% completion rate the 2 years before signing here. I cant comprehend how he is still in the league, I cant comprehend how he was drafted to begin with, he even sucked in college. Analyst would always say "he has all the tools", what tools? As far as I could tell he had one tool, he could throw the ball hard, and he used that tool even if a guy was 5 yards away. foot work, accuracy, pocket awareness, touch, speed, all of those tools were no where to be found.

... got off track there. My bad.

Moral of the story is, this team has been grossly inept at handling and evaluating QBs outside of stumbling into Kurt Warner.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, to an extent I dont blame Matt for being ticked about being benched. Anderson had played horrible in the preseason and somehow got moved up the depth chart. At that point I am sure Matt was as baffled as most fans were and unfortunately he voiced his frustration to the media, which obviously he shouldnt have done, but I can hardly blame him.

But the team should never have signed Anderson to begin with, the guy had a below 50% completion rate the 2 years before signing here. I cant comprehend how he is still in the league, I cant comprehend how he was drafted to begin with, he even sucked in college. Analyst would always say "he has all the tools", what tools? As far as I could tell he had one tool, he could throw the ball hard, and he used that tool even if a guy was 5 yards away. foot work, accuracy, pocket awareness, touch, speed, all of those tools were no where to be found.

... got off track there. My bad.

Moral of the story is, this team has been grossly inept at handling and evaluating QBs outside of stumbling into Kurt Warner.

DA did play poorly but at least he moved the team a little bit. Matt, despite a good completion percentage was pretty much 3 and out in every game except against the depleted Bears defense. At the time he benched Matt, I really don't remember too many people being "baffled" by that decision. Whiz was irate with the starting O and it's his job to try and straighten it out. If benching someone for performing horribly is out of line, just how in the hell are you supposed to coach some of these prima donnas?

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its not that he benched him, its that he benched him for Anderson, who had looked horrible. Anderson is an abysmal QB. I view it as a talent evaluation mistake and not a coaching mistake. At that point they knew Matt was a prima donna with confidence issues. If they were so low on him they should have addressed the problems earlier rather than put themselves in a situation where the season is resting on Derek Andersuck.

On THESMAL'S rating system I have Anderson rated as a 2.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not that he benched him, its that he benched him for Anderson, who had looked horrible. Anderson is an abysmal QB. I view it as a talent evaluation mistake and not a coaching mistake. At that point they knew Matt was a prima donna with confidence issues. If they were so low on him they should have addressed the problems earlier rather than put themselves in a situation where the season is resting on Derek Andersuck.

On THESMAL'S rating system I have Anderson rated as a 2.

Well, he didn't even bench him, he just put him in with the second group. He wanted to see how DA could do with and against the 1st stringers because the starters were unable to get a first down with Matt out there. And it's just not reasonable, IMO, to keep saying DA looked horrible without acknowledging that Leinart's results were every bit as bad. That is, unless you measure a QB's performance solely by his completion percentage.

Steve

THESMEL

Reaction score
Matt Leinart was told that he had the job and the only reason the olther QB's was too play more is because Whiz did not know what he had in them, He knew what he had in Matt Leinart- A Cardinals starter.
That was a damned lie to Matt and the fans.

He was Blitzed every single down he started that preseason- minus rush yards and still had a 78% completion rate and 104 qB rating.
I honestly don't know what Whiz and supportive fans were looking at!

It is not just Leinart across the board--
What was Whiz looking at in DA? Porter? Faneca? Mcfadden?
Damn it - it is 1 step forward 3 steps back since Denny left? Graves sucks

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattleinart/2506878/gamelogs?season=2010

I'm trying to shut up and support, the first round picks have been great after that We are a mess.

Well, he didn't even bench him, he just put him in with the second group. He wanted to see how DA could do with and against the 1st stringers because the starters were unable to get a first down with Matt out there. And it's just not reasonable, IMO, to keep saying DA looked horrible without acknowledging that Leinart's results were every bit as bad. That is, unless you measure a QB's performance solely by his completion percentage.

Steve

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Leinart was told that he had the job and the only reason the olther QB's was too play more is because Whiz did not know what he had in them, He knew what he had in Matt Leinart- A Cardinals starter.
That was a damned lie to Matt and the fans.

He was Blitzed every single down he started that preseason- minus rush yards and still had a 78% completion rate and 104 qB rating.
I honestly don't know what Whiz and supportive fans were looking at!

It is not just Leinart across the board--
What was Whiz looking at in DA? Porter? Faneca? Mcfadden?
Damn it - it is 1 step forward 3 steps back since Denny left? Graves sucks

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattleinart/2506878/gamelogs?season=2010

I'm trying to shut up and support, the first round picks have been great after that We are a mess.

No, he wasn't. AND, how many first downs did he get before he was relegated to the number 2 spot? Throwing the ball for 2 yard completions might make for a decent QB rating but it does nothing to help your team win ball games. I don't care if you complete every single pass, if you can't move your team down the field there's a problem.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Steve

I am not saying DA was only horrible in the preseason, the guy is and was a flat out awful QB who never should have had a roster spot. He was so bad during the preseason that before he got promoted I thought he deserved to be waived. DA's problems have nothing to do with what string he is playing with, he holds onto the ball waaaaaaaay too long and when he does release it he has no touch and no accuracy.

As I said before, my biggest beef with the entire situation was that Derek Anderson was the guy who they sacked Leinart for. The only possible result for a team with Anderson as their starter was a total disaster.

I am not exaggerating in my beef with picking Anderson. He is literally the worst statistical QB of the last 20 years among players who played more than 1 full season.

THESMEL

Reaction score
ok

Kurt Warner went 3 and out at least 50% of the time! I remember THT going backwards and Doucet being a 1/2 yard short when Leinart was pulled in preseason- because Whiz knew enough about him and needed to see more of DA, Hall and Skelton.

Matt played well in Kurts last game, rackers missed the FG, but that playoff drive was spot on.

I posted the link iof you want to look at the play by play.

Now any coach worth a squirt of piss would have tried to build up the confidence of his young #10 overall pick franchise QB, But no- I was at the Red and White Scrimmage where called back Leinart's obvious TD
"To see how Matt would respond to adversity" We seen alright then we seen How Whisenstupid and the rest of the Cardinals responded to Adversity with DA as the Starting QB- look like Cardinal poop for 2010 and most of 11.

just like Starting THT over Edge and Beanie - What the hell- The man is not a mad scientist he turns gold into straw!
Answer Me on Porter, Faneca, Mcfadden, or Buster Douglas and Cody Brown- Moving up for Branch- Dwash and Skelton!

Ridicule my grading system- Whiz and Graves shoot themselves in the head -aint got the sense to stay the course With Matt, Beanie and Fitz! Or Edge for that matter.

Who else are you blaming- all the players and every unit went sour at the same time like Whiz said at the end of 2010. It is the stupid Head Coach and the wimpy General Manager that is the problem with your Arizona Cardinals. Grimm would do much better.

Please tell me what they have done well? Without Denny's drafts? There first round picks were soli. Kolb is a disaster.

Saints playoff Play by Play - The Bean gets a TD on his 2nd carry and 3-4-5 carries after it was over! How do you defend that?

Link

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20100...enu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

No, he wasn't. AND, how many first downs did he get before he was relegated to the number 2 spot? Throwing the ball for 2 yard completions might make for a decent QB rating but it does nothing to help your team win ball games. I don't care if you complete every single pass, if you can't move your team down the field there's a problem.

Steve

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Themsel, you can critique Wiz & RG all you want & some of it deserved. You also have to give them credit for taking the Arizona freaking Cardinals to the SB & also quickly rebuilding what they tore down. It still isn't all on them IMO on whose walked away in FA.

Bill Bellicheat looked pretty dumb coaching in cleveland too, I wonder if they would want him back?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard