What is your opinion on the Nash sign & trade?

What do you think of the Nash trade to the Lakers?

• Total voters

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You understand that the Lakers couldn't get Nash except by trade, right? So the Suns say, "We know you don't want to go to Toronto; the only realistic options are New York and Los Angeles. We're open to either, but we think we can get better value with the Knicks. Can you hold off for a couple of days while we get each side to maximize their offer?" It's not complicated.

I understand what you are saying, I just think that once he got used the idea of going to the Lakers, that's where he wanted to go. He just was not interested in the Knicks anymore. If was a tossup, sure, that would have been great.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, I just think that once he got used the idea of going to the Lakers, that's where he wanted to go.

He wasn't going to the Lakers for the chump change they could offer on their own. They needed the Suns' help to come up with a real salary. We seem to disagree on how significant this is.

jibikao

Reaction score
I chose "Love it" because Suns didn't get nothing in return. Suns is clearly in re-building mode and Nash is old and ready to move on. This should have happened last season imo.

Nash requested for a sign-trade so Suns can get something in return. Lakers normally doesn't build the team through draft picks so it works on well for both sides.

The only thing that sucks is rooting for Lakers... I seriously didn't know Nash wants to stay on the west coast that bad.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He wasn't going to the Lakers for the chump change they could offer on their own. They needed the Suns' help to come up with a real salary. We seem to disagree on how significant this is.

I understand this. He would not go to LA without a s&t period. We had already told him that we would do a s&t if that was what he wanted.

I am not sure I am getting the disagreement here, but I am dense sometimes.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will root for the Lakers all year as i care more about Nash winning a Chip more than anything, and the suns got a pretty good return for an unrestricted FA. By the time the Suns are relevant, nash and kobe will have had their run anyways...

Great move for Nash. Good luck buddy!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted Meh.

As I view it the Suns are trading Nash for Gordon as the Suns will likely peddle the assets they received in the Nash trade to New Orleans for Gordon.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They say that the best trade is one which benefits both teams.

This fits that description . . . and more.

The Suns can now begin to move on, with some extra draft picks for trades.

The Lakers will have a professional Point Guard and pure shooter alongside Kobe.

And it is what Nash wanted and had the skill to arrange. Certainly not the Suns Front Office.

Steve Nash, now clearly the greatest player in the Suns history, gave us a lot.

How can any Suns fans resent him for an opportunity for a ring at the twilight of his career?

Especially since the Suns are certainly not competing for a championship during those years.

Thanks for all you have given us, Steve. And best wishes in your quest for the pinnacle.

Last edited:

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
In no way am I rooting for the Lakers to win another championship, but if they do, then good for Nash... screw the rest of them!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say meh. Only because it might be the best deal we were going to get. I am just not convinced those assets will bring us anything. Knowing the Lakers they will retool retool retool and still be a playoff team for years to come.

Meaning that those picks will never amount to much. The only hope we have is to use them later in a package to get another player. However, even other teams have to know those picks won't hold much value.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison