What is the 1 thing you are looking forward to this season?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Thought we'd go in a more positive direction for a change...

There are a lot of things to look forward to, but for me, the #1 thing is probably Grant Hill.

What is your #1 thing you're looking forward to when the season starts at the end of this month?

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tucker and Strawberry. I hope we get the chance to see these guys progress through the season.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Thought we'd go in a more positive direction for a change...

There are a lot of things to look forward to, but for me, the #1 thing is probably Grant Hill.

What is your #1 thing you're looking forward to when the season starts at the end of this month?
I'm with you in regards to Grant Hill. I've heard nothing but good things about him since he started working out here. He might sneak up on some people this year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tucker and Strawberry. I hope we get the chance to see these guys progress through the season.

I'm with you. I enjoy watching rookies develop. Hopefully the fans will get a chance to see them play at least early in the season.

Also I'm with Chaplin about Grant Hill and I think Skinner may surprise.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
definitely Grant Hill.

I would have said Amare, a year out from surgery, but I think it'll be a little while before we see him in prime form with the arthroscopie.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing any of the following happen:

A) Marion getting booted off the team for disorderly conduct detrimental to the team via suspension.
B) Marion getting traded for Kirilenko and Millsap.
C) Marion taking a microphone and apologizing to every fan, player, and staff over his silly, stupid, childish remarks throughout the offseason.
D) Having Raja Bell clothesline Shawn Marion during practice.

E) Seeing Grant Hill perform at an all-star level and making that team for the West.

(Before u begin your Sunsman44 bashing ritual for every single post, A thru D was a joke, FYI. Now proceed to your bashing.)

Last edited:

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Watching the Celtics play, man that is going to be a fun team to watch. Suns vs Celtics in the finals would be the greatest finals EVER.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
can't even pick

-hill: i'm convinced he's going to put up 16/4/6 on over 50%. AND he'll be dunking a lot. :)
-amare: i mean, he's going to 'reincarnate himself', need i say more? :)
-leandro: he's all-star caliber this year. won't get in, but he's our 4th all-star.

can't even believe that nobody has mentioned nash yet. that's how ridiculous our team is.

the assist thing this year should be off the charts. you know nash has at least 11/game, diaw's got at least 5, barbosa at least 3.5, grants at least 5. that's 25 between 4 guys!

typing all of this, i know what i'm most looking forward to:

1. an offensive juggernaut the likes of which has never been seen in NBA history.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to see how Boston will do this year and Stat.

Last edited:

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has posted this yet:

Watching and hoping Atlanta implodes and ends up with the worst record in the league!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Grant Hill. Everything at this point seems great.

2. Skinner. The big knock on KT was that he was slow. Skinner brings more athleticism and speed but fewer offensive skills. He might actually work his way into some minutes on this team. He is the anti-Shawn Marion, showing up in a suit and tie to sell himself to the Suns as a vet min player when he could have signed for more with Milwaukee. I love this guy already.

3. DJ Strawberry. You are just seeing the little things that might mean he becomes something special. Defense, speed, ability to finish on the break, ability to distribute, improving outside shot, great attitude. Wow. Gotta like that.

Errntknght

Reaction score
There are a number of things - Grant Hill adding some real lustre to his career; Diaw returning to life; Marion playing his butt off; Nash's marvelous passes.

But nothing would make me happier than D'Antoni bringing our rookies into the game plan. Even if there is some pain associated with it, its necessary - so you take your lumps and keep on with the plan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How awesome would it be if Strawberry could become a solid backup PG to Nash. I know, I'm probably dreaming. However, please don't wake me up. :D

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Spurs, once again, failing to win a championship back-to-back.

Last edited:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Somewhat optimistic, but not unrealistic:

1. Grant Hill playing at an all-star level
2. Amare Stoudemire playing at an MVP level
3. Boris Diaw playing like the MIP again
4. Tucker/Strawberry providing solid depth
5. Skinner fitting right in with our fast-paced style

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Banks coming back with a vengeance and DJ gaining a jumper and learning how to lead on the floor. Then once Nash retires we can do the PG-duo of Doom ala Leinart-Warner

PJ Brown joining us before Christmas, eliminating all big guy criticisms for the suns and giving us complete depth the first time this decade. Along with someone to guard Duncan and Garnett

Skinner proving most impressive and playing 70+ games with solid minutes.

Diaw grabbing the MIP award...again.

Marion getting his ring and high-tailing it out of here in a sign and trade for some solid youth.

ATL turning out to be tankaholics.

All the suns cheerleaders having a simultaneous wardrobe malfunction

FTW

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
1A: Amare stays healthy and improves on defense.
1B: Nash gets more rest while Diaw, Hill handle the ball a lot more for him.
1C: Tweaking the team so that Spurs gets punished by putting Bowen on Nash while Parker on someone else!

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
i'm looking forward to seeing diaw avergae a near triple double..

in the line of 15pts, 7rebs, and 7 assts

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Suns destroying opponent's will to win.

Most teams are built around defense. If they can't stop you, they start to lose faith in themselves such as what happened to the Mavs.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's a good question. I'll say I'm most looking forward to Stoudemire going another year without a major knee incident. That would make the season pretty successful right there.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Im looking forward to watching Grant Hill and seeing how or if the offense changes with him, especially when Nash sits down. Im also excited to know that I can yell out stupid crap about Sprite and how Hill loves it at my TV when Im watching the game.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen