Anyone interested in an ASFN chess tournament?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interested but also very busy.

Haven't played regularly in years, but I was the Chess Club President at my high school. Played multiple timed games at once back in the day.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
So it looks like to have our own internal tournament I had to create a club and can invite you from there. Chess.com. The club name is ASFN. I sent an invite to five of you. I’ll let this marinate for a couple of days to see if there are more takers. My weekday nights are usually no good. But I would do Saturday or Sunday night if that works.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I think we’d play 5 minute blitz unless there are any objections. That way we can get in, get out, and get on with our lives. I’m going to try to figure out how to live stream it, which I know nothing about.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played my first match on chess.com. 10 minute match. I was like this is going the best 5 minutes of my life.
I lasted 4 minutes.
It took me a minute to figure out I was in check mate. Oof
Haha, that's hilarious.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So it looks like to have our own internal tournament I had to create a club and can invite you from there. Chess.com. The club name is ASFN. I sent an invite to five of you. I’ll let this marinate for a couple of days to see if there are more takers. My weekday nights are usually no good. But I would do Saturday or Sunday night if that works.
I'm waiting on hearing about times first, as I have a time zone differential, before signing up.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Does anyone want to get a slow game going (minimum of 1 turn per day)?