What happened in Seattle

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do the Cardinals lose to a bad Seattle team? Lets examine the evidence:

1. The 12th man gives Seattle a major advantage when they play at home. See #2
  2. The crowd noise gives Seattles defense has a huge advantage when playing at home. This allows the DEs to get a good jump on the snap. See #3
  3. Clemmons had a monster day and just schooled our OTs. Seattle was getting a consistent pass rush by bringing just 4 DL. See #4
  4. The Cardinals pass blocking is horrible to watch. It's no wonder why Kolb was fearing for his life back there.
  5. Missed opportunities with two missed field goals.
  6. Seattles punter pretty much won this game by getting the Seahawks out of jail several times and pretty much negating any advantage in field position that the Cards D had created.
  7. Beanie Wells missing this game ruined what the Cards wanted to do offensively. If Beanie plays we win this game.
Overall I thought that the Defense played good enough to win this game. Hats off to Smith for coming in and doing a better than expected job running the ball. However it was clear that the Cards were missing a big back to make those third and shorts.

On a side note the Cardinals only had 2 penalties which has to be some sort of record for them. It was even more impressive since they were in such a loud hostile environment.

How the Cardinals didn't address the OT position this year is beyond me. I blame Graves for failing to address this position in the draft or FA.
:bang:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Starks is still available...only 29 years old....heck, even a bit overweight he is better than what we have..

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
funny ... to me it looked like the Seattle offense was very inept. they missed a lot of wide open plays.

Even with a pretty good D, Seattle looks dreadful overall. They look a lot like a 3-13 team to me. Arizona just couldn't make a play on offense when needed in the second half. This game certainly raises an eyebrow regarding our beloved Cards. Expectation level severely lowered, at least for now.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
You can make the argument that Seattle won the game on a handful of incredibly alert players making a difference:

1. Chris Clemons was outstanding and played full tilt boogie on every snap. The play he made on the fake dive pitch to Smith was truly outstanding...along with numerous other efforts on his part.

2. How about #85 TE Anthony McCoy---to make the play he did on the high snap---he reacted to the play as alertly as humanly possible and made a huge recovery. That play could have easily been a walk in TD for the Cardinals. Also...it was McCoy who absolutely wasted Joey Porter and Kerry Rhodes on key run blocks.

3. Chancellor's cherry picking of Kolb---and then having the presence of mind to read and tip Peterson's throwback pass to A.J. Jefferson.

4. Tarvaris Jackson---you have to hand it to him, the way he took his time to juke every overpursuing Cardinal defender and then blow over both safeties into the end zone on what turned out to be the game-winning score.

In a way Seattle's win reminds me a lot of the Cardinals' win at St. Louis in game one last year when Stevie Breaston made the alert play of the game by stripping the Ram defender at the goal-line on what looked to be a sure TD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can make the argument that Seattle won the game on a handful of incredibly alert players making a difference:

1. Chris Clemons was outstanding and played full tilt boogie on every snap. The play he made on the fake dive pitch to Smith was truly outstanding...along with numerous other efforts on his part.

2. How about # 85 TE Anthony McCoy---to make the play he did on the high snap---he reacted to the play as alertly as humanly possible and made a huge recovery. That play could have easily been a walk in TD for the Cardinals.

3. Chancellor's cherry picking of Kolb---and then having the presence of mind to read and tip Peterson's throwback pass to A.J. Jefferson.

In a way Seattle's win reminds me a lot of the Cardinals' win at St. Louis in game one last year when Stevie Breaston made the alert play of the game by stripping the Ram defender at the goal-line on what looked to be a sure TD.

Yep McCoy really saved their bacon on that play and Clemons was just unreal all game long. I can see the comparison as well.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Their key players came through. Ours didn't. End of story.

Too often its the usual story when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals.

In 2008 playoffs our key guys made several plays.

In 2009 Dansby had an incredible game vs Green Bay and Breaston and Beanie had probably their best days as a Cardinal

Haven't seen much of that lately.

:(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their key players came through. Ours didn't. End of story.

unfortunately, the real story is... we don't have that many key players. We have Fitz, Dockett (who I've always believed was slightly overrated by this board) and most likely Washington and... that's kind of it at this point. Even though I liked what i saw from Kolb in the first two games, he's still a pretty big question mark, AW is just finished, old and getting older and well... that's all this team has. that's incredibly sad.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, the real story is... we don't have that many key players. We have Fitz, Dockett (who I've always believed was slightly overrated by this board) and most likely Washington and... that's kind of it at this point.
Don't confuse playmakers with "key players." We have key players in every game plan...they just might not be up to the task.

For example, this week it's going to be key that Peterson and/or Jefferson can blanket Hicks. That will be key to the gameplan--making those guys "key players."

Good teams have playmakers as their key players. To your point, the Cardinals don't really have that luxury. We need our run-of-the-mill key players to step up and find a way to make plays.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't confuse playmakers with "key players." We have key players in every game plan...they just might not be up to the task.

For example, this week it's going to be key that Peterson and/or Jefferson can blanket Hicks. That will be key to the gameplan--making those guys "key players."

Good teams have playmakers as their key players. To your point, the Cardinals don't really have that luxury. We need our run-of-the-mill key players to step up and find a way to make plays.

And sadly that rarely happens. I don't think I've ever seen a team that had so few games where a run of the mill player had a huge day like other teams guys do to us.

Why do we so seldom have an Alphonso Smith rush for 122 yards and 3 TDs as a replacement for a Chris Wells?

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
And sadly that rarely happens. I don't think I've ever seen a team that had so few games where a run of the mill player had a huge day like other teams guys do to us.

Why do we so seldom have an Alphonso Smith rush for 122 yards and 3 TDs as a replacement for a Chris Wells?

The 2nd string RB vs the Cardinals phenom, I bet if you look it up and built a RB career out of being a backup RB starting against the Cardinals you could almost assemble HOF numbers for them.

That's probably a stretch but it sure feels like it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

run of the mill players don't step up and makes plays. and we have very few "run of the mill" players as is. this team is loaded with either washed up players (OLB/AW), not ready for prime-time players (CB/WR) or just flat awful players (OT) at the "key positions". The idea that it's key for Peterson/Jefferson to blanket one of the best WRs in football isn't a key, it's a prayer.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
run of the mill players don't step up and makes plays. and we have very few "run of the mill" players as is. this team is loaded with either washed up players (OLB/AW), not ready for prime-time players (CB/WR) or just flat awful players (OT) at the "key positions". The idea that it's key for Peterson/Jefferson to blanket one of the best WRs in football isn't a key, it's a prayer.

"Hope is not a strategy" :D

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
What gets me depressed is not being able to pickup 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.

When the Cards lineup strong in short yardage, the other teams stops them most of the time. 3rd and 1 has got to be 90% success for the good teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard