UofA vs Illinois on ESPN at 10:00AM

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cats next play in Chicago this Saturday against Illinois on ESPN in HD! This will be another tough test for the young Cats but hopefully the momentum from their big win over A&M will carry over.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the Cats, which team will show up - the team that needed home-court refs to beat NAU, or the team that showed up against Kansas and Texas A&M???

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I should try to go to this. Where is it being played in Chicago? United Center?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the Cats, which team will show up - the team that needed home-court refs to beat NAU, or the team that showed up against Kansas and Texas A&M???

Man, when you think of Ill-annoy it's just a program in a nose dive.
Has Bruce held a funeral for himself like he did Self?

Wait...did you see that? Another Chicago McD AA just signed with another real BB school.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, when you think of Ill-annoy it's just a program in a nose dive.
Has Bruce held a funeral for himself like he did Self?

Wait...did you see that? Another Chicago McD AA just signed with another real BB school.

Kansas pays better?

:D

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Illini arent the powerhouse they thought they were gonna be.. Flash in the pan a few years ago..

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cats down 12-0. This looks like a blowout. If it gets any worse I'm off to the gym. Maybe then they'll come back.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Cats down 7 at the half and they've gotten nothing from Bayless or Budinger. Bayless's knee must be bothering him.

Here's to a big second half!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Illinois up 7 at half. Sub par games from Budinger and Bayless. Hill is keeping the Wildcats in the game.

U of A's inside presence has been very weak - is it usually better?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chase is nowhere to be found. Bayless is hurt. He has not practiced all week. Hill is keeping this game respectable.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap - OT. Illinois has missed 10 free throws - if they lose, look no further than that.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overtime! What a great comeback for this young team on the road in a hostile environment.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great games by Bayless, Wise and Hill for Arizona.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Arizona is going to blow Illinois out in the OT

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
U of A's inside presence has been very weak - is it usually better?

Arizona would've been destroyed were it not for Jordan Hill matching Pruitt's production on both ends. The frontcourt is fine with Hill in the game, after that not so much. Kirk Walters might be the worst player in the Pac-10.

A W in Chicago against Illinois with Budinger contributing almost nothing is huge for this team. Kevin O'Neill has been a godsend, there's no other assistant coach in the country that would've won these last two games.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sweet redemption for 2005. Have fun in the NIT Whinini. Although I'm sure it was the refs fault.

Yes it is. The Cats have beaten Illinois in the last two meetings and three of the last four.

Hill saved the day for the UofA and Bayless and Wise were huge in the second half.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I think Arizona is going to blow Illinois out in the OT

LOL - Your mood sure changed over the course of that game. In reality even with the home crowd and good in game coaching - the talent disparity between the teams is the size of the grand canyon. Weber couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag.

My thoughts.

Wow - Jordan Hill - keep this up over the next two years and you are a guaranteed lotto pick. Best AZ big man since wright and woods.

Wise - A must start. A quicker, better ball handeling Jason Gardner from what I saw this game. He is SO active defensively and I love him in the open court. I think Steve Lavin was going to write him a love poem during the game. I got to the point where I was thinking " What are we going to do next year when Jennings comes in? We cant sit this guy..."

Budinger - I'm not worried. I wish he had more ferocity to his game but it is what it is. He will bounce back.

O'neill - Much needed toughness and defense. Lute taking off was the right move because the Arizona of the last five years would NEVER have won this game.

Bayless - the unquestioned leader of this team. Fortunately for us he has enough toughness an intensity for both him and Budinger (although it seemed like they don't get along very well from thebody language - am i looking into this?) He is a winner, wants the ball at the end, and just cares so much about winning. That late iso - dunk was ridiculous and his roar after it gave me renewed hope for this season. My new fav player since Iguodala.

The announcers kept talking about our tournament resume but i think that is overblown. This combined with a good showing at KU and beating #9 A and M will only help as we clean up some wins over ranked teams during conference play. I don't know what the ceiling for this team is but I feel ALOT better after this game to be sure.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
O'neill - Much needed toughness and defense. Lute taking off was the right move because the Arizona of the last five years would NEVER have won this game.
Nor would they have won the A&M game. The elephant in the room no Arizona fan wants to talk about is that through eight games this season the Cats have been better coached than any time since Jay John left. Can anyone imagine the horror of Lute leaving on his LOA and Roz coaching the team? I can - it's called the NIT or worse.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson