The X-Files: I Want to Believe (X-Files 2)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that david duchovany dude was just on jimmy kimmel and said they would start shooting this in november and have it ready for a summer release..

They need to release it in April or at the tail end of the summer. If they try to release this at the same time as other blockbusters, it won't do as well.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The X-Files 2 Set for July 25, 2008
Source: 20th Century Fox
November 1, 2007

Twentieth Century Fox today announced a July 25, 2008 release for a new motion picture based on the phenomenally-popular, award-winning series "The X-Files." Long-anticipated but until now unconfirmed, the film reunites series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson under the direction of series creator Chris Carter, who co-wrote the screenplay with Frank Spotnitz.

In grand "X-Files" manner, the as yet untitled film's storyline is being kept under wraps, known only to top studio brass and the film's principals. This much can be revealed: The supernatural thriller is a stand-alone story in the tradition of some of the show's most acclaimed and beloved episodes, and takes the always-complicated relationship between Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions. Mulder continues his unshakable quest for the truth, and Scully, the passionate, ferociously intelligent physician, remains inextricably tied to Mulder’s pursuits.

Fox production VP Steve Asbell shepherded the project for the studio.

Created and executive produced by Chris Carter, "The X-Files," which premiered on Fox on September 10, 1993, chronicled the lives and adventures of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, two disparate FBI agents assigned to investigate unsolved cases within the Bureau – cases that often involved the paranormal, the supernatural, and the inexplicable.

"The X-Files" won numerous awards and honors, including a George Foster Peabody Award for Excellence in Broadcasting, three Golden Globes for Best Dramatic Series, a Golden Satellite Award for Best Drama Series, Science Fiction and Fantasy Saturn Awards for Outstanding Television Series, and a Parents' Choice Honor for Best Series. In 1997, Gillian Anderson won an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

"The X-Files" was as much of a phenomenon abroad as it was in the United States. The show's conspiratorial tone and blend of paranoia, horror and suspense made it the most popular television series in Canada, the highest-rated series on Britain's BBC2, and one of the biggest sensations ever in Japanese television.

The show's nine-season run came to an end in 2002. In 1998, Twentieth Century Fox released the first feature film based on the series. The film – produced and written by Carter and co-written by Spotnitz – became a worldwide success, taking in $187 million in theatrical box office.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.........aaaaaaaaaaaand now I can die a happy woman.

7/25/08 yeah baby!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't 8 months a pretty short time to go from announcement to release day?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daily Hip-Hop News:
Xzibit Puts The X In X-Files Flick

Thursday - December 6, 2007 by Janeé Bolden

California rapper Xzibit continues to find success in Hollywood, having recently been cast in the newest film adaptation of television hit series X-Files.

While series regulars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have signed on to reprise their roles as FBI agents Mulder and Scully in the upcoming X-Files film, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Xzibit, Amanda Peet and Scottish comic Billy Connolly have also been cast.

Due to a secrecy concerns regarding the plot, Fox has thus far declined to reveal any information about the actor's roles; however Hollywood Reporter sources say Xzibit and Amanda Peet will also play FBI agents in the film.

Directed by Chris Carter and written by Carter and Frank Spotnitz, the new X-Files movie stands alone from a previous 1998 adaptation, and is not a continuation or sequel to that feature. Production is expected to begin later this month in Vancouver and the film is projected to hit theaters by July.

As SOHH previously reported, Xzibit was also recently cast in the Oliver Stone film Pinkville, which also stars Bruce Willis and Woody Harrelson. That project has been put on hold indefinitely due to the current Writer's Guild strike.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cris Carter is a good show runner but a questionable writer. The best X-Files episodes were written by James Wong and the Morgan brothers -- by a long shot. He's had Frank Spotnitz help in writing but it's not a big selling point to me.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree.

Best writers on the show (IMO):

Seasons 1-4: Morgan/Wong, Darin Morgan
Seasons 5-9: Vince Gilligan

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080327/ap_en_tv/people_chris_carter

LOS ANGELES - The truth about "The X-Files" sequel — some of it, anyway — is now out there.

"X-Files" creator Chris Carter, writer Frank Spotnitz and other crew members gathered Wednesday to discuss the TV series — and declassify some information about the upcoming film.

The popular Fox paranormal drama, which aired from 1993 to 2002, starred David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully

"While this is not a mythology movie, it's true to everything that's come before," Spotnitz said at the William S. Paley Television Festival. "It's true to Mulder and Scully, who they are and where they would be this point in their lives and all of the experiences that they've had."

The series first made the leap to the big screen with 1998's "The X-Files: Fight the Future." Plans for another film were grounded in 2005 when Carter sued Fox over syndication profits for the show. The lawsuit was later settled.

Carter, who also directs the new movie, said it takes place in the present and uses a story envisioned when the series ended. While the show's sprawling alien mythology isn't part of the plot, Carter said there is a reference to Scully's seemingly supernatural son, William, who was born in season eight and later given up for adoption.

The film is due out July 25.

Carter was tightlipped about the title.

"I can't tell you," he said. "I know what I want it to be, but Fox has some ideas of their own."

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie Poster!

(i'm silently dying inside due to how excited i am!)

Attachments

• XFiles2Poster.jpg
    XFiles2Poster.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 118

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the article said:
Carter, who also directs the new movie, said it takes place in the present and uses a story envisioned when the series ended. While the show's sprawling alien mythology isn't part of the plot, Carter said there is a reference to Scully's seemingly supernatural son, William, who was born in season eight and later given up for adoption.

Not quite sure I like that, to be honest. But heck, after all this waiting on wondering and giving up hope... I'll take it!!

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So it's not about aliens, right? Cause that got a little wearisome (just my opinion, don't throw stuff).

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Excited.

Attachments

• x-files.jpg
    x-files.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 100

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a preview for this in the theater today. It looks good, I can't wait to see it.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 20 more days!!!!!!

Attachments

• coverresized-1-1.jpg
    coverresized-1-1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 91

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does every single movie have to turn into a stuuupid love story?

This movie will not be a love story. It will be a grande X-File episode with some Mulder/Scully love thrown in. TV Guide's title was a bit... lame. Mulder and Scully are already in love - this movie wont be about them falling in love - no way!!!

Go see it Shane :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa. Scully's looking pretty good in that photo.