Reaction score
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why I said what I said..

Bear Down is ten times better than Fear the Fork..

Whoever came up with that slogan should be fired.. Its just silly..

Well we like it at least. :shrug:

Drop D

Striving for the Penultimate
Reaction score
This is why I said what I said..

Bear Down is ten times better than Fear the Fork..

Whoever came up with that slogan should be fired.. Its just silly..

I know! He/she/they should have taken into account the opinions of Wildbear fans. :D

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess.. If your fan of Trident.. But really what does dental hygeine and good breath have to do with wininng football games?

Would love to discuss how ASU beat U of A. But for some reason, you come on here and just want to discuss marketing BS. Who cares really.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to be up early to be at work today.. Doesn't look like I missed much here on ASFN.. Haha

The judges do not accept this answer.

:D

Ha! Good season, Gee. Go bear down on a bowl game.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what makes sense? Bear down.

Signed,
The Arizona Wildbears.

No, it would make more sense if they called themselves the Deadcats:

- Returning to Tucson from the state legislature in 1885 with a $25,000 grant to start a university, elected officials were pelted with rotten eggs, tomatoes, and a dead cat. They were SUPPOSED to bring back either the state capitol (which stayed in Prescott) or the insane asylum (Phoenix got that). Tucson got the 'booby prize,' which was that school.

- After getting thumped by Occidental, 16-0, in 1914, an LA Times reporter took pity on Arizona. He wrote, "They showed the fight of wildcats." They got their name because of the way they lost.

- In 1915, students from Tucson bought a live bobcat to be their mascot, nicknamed Rufus. Six months later, Rufus hung himself from a tree. No joke. The official account said Rufus was attempting to perform "acrobatic stunts," but we know the real story, don't we?

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well apparently some of the voters in the AP poll didn't realize the Wildcats just got their arses kicked by ASU, as they still got 4 votes:

Others receiving votes: San Jose State 78, Louisville 73, TCU 67, Penn State 61, Rutgers 50, Vanderbilt 48, San Diego State 15, Fresno State 12, USC 7, Arkansas State 5, Arizona 4, Cincinnati 3, Ball State 1, Mississippi State 1, North Carolina 1

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well apparently some of the voters in the AP poll didn't realize the Wildcats just got their arses kicked by ASU, as they still got 4 votes:

Others receiving votes: San Jose State 78, Louisville 73, TCU 67, Penn State 61, Rutgers 50, Vanderbilt 48, San Diego State 15, Fresno State 12, USC 7, Arkansas State 5, Arizona 4, Cincinnati 3, Ball State 1, Mississippi State 1, North Carolina 1

When you play one of the toughest schedules in the FBS and beat ranked teams, you tend to get a ton of national respect.

The funny thing is UofA's worse lost of the season was to ASU (only other losses to ranked opponents) and ASU's only quality win was over UofA (only ranked team it beat).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you play one of the toughest schedules in the FBS and beat ranked teams, you tend to get a ton of national respect.

The funny thing is UofA's worse lost of the season was to ASU (only other losses to ranked opponents) and ASU's only quality win was over UofA (only ranked team it beat).

Ya, that is funny!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Do the voters still send in their votes on Saturday nights? Or do they wait until the next day now?

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven't been able to post in a few days...

Two words.. GO DEVILS :)

HooverDam

Reaction score
Really hope we get the Vegas Bowl.. San Fran is too far, but with Vegas, we would sell out our quota of tickets in a day..

Theres almost no chance ASU goes back to the Vegas bowl, especially w/ Boise as the opponent. ASU had a terrible showing in the Vegas bowl last year, and that Bowl committee will have no interest in that rematch.

Now of course last year was a lost season, fans had given up, so had the players. I think ASU would fare a lot better in that game this year, but the Bowl officials aren't going to risk it.

Navy is a likely easier opponent anyhow, and getting to 8 wins (and our all time Bowl record back over .500 btw) would be pretty nice. To me, SF is a VASTLY more appealing destination, though I agree the distance makes it tough since one would have to fly.

I'm still holding onto the very slim hope that ASU somehow sneaks into the Sun or Holiday Bowls (around a 1% chance of this happening) but if that doesn't work out, Kraft Fight Hunger will be a great consolation prize.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Theres almost no chance ASU goes back to the Vegas bowl, especially w/ Boise as the opponent. ASU had a terrible showing in the Vegas bowl last year, and that Bowl committee will have no interest in that rematch.

Now of course last year was a lost season, fans had given up, so had the players. I think ASU would fare a lot better in that game this year, but the Bowl officials aren't going to risk it.

Navy is a likely easier opponent anyhow, and getting to 8 wins (and our all time Bowl record back over .500 btw) would be pretty nice. To me, SF is a VASTLY more appealing destination, though I agree the distance makes it tough since one would have to fly.

I'm still holding onto the very slim hope that ASU somehow sneaks into the Sun or Holiday Bowls (around a 1% chance of this happening) but if that doesn't work out, Kraft Fight Hunger will be a great consolation prize.

:yeahthat:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

It doesn't matter. How many years did U of A suck but beat ASU and called the season a success?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard