The Trade

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always take even money.

I don't always hit on 16 though, that is about the only way I don't play blackjack by the book.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love the write up, Harry. Really looking forward to the 2nd day draft tonight, some good players are there for sure.

jf-08

Administrator; Rules Creator
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great analysis, Harry.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh man, I thought ARZ made 2 trades and scored a 3rd & 4th rounder but they traded #23 to BAL and BAL traded down and picked up the 4th rounder from BUF for dropping down 2 spots.

BAL is the best front office in NFL. After thinking about it and hearing analysts take, I think ARZ overpaid. Brown is being touted as a deep threat but he averaged around 11 yards per reception. You can argue LJ is not a great passing QB but Mark Andrews had almost 1400 yards receiving last year.

QuebecCard

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh man, I thought ARZ made 2 trades and scored a 3rd & 4th rounder but they traded #23 to BAL and BAL traded down and picked up the 4th rounder from BUF for dropping down 2 spots.

BAL is the best front office in NFL. After thinking about it and hearing analysts take, I think ARZ overpaid. Brown is being touted as a deep threat but he averaged around 11 yards per reception. You can argue LJ is not a great passing QB but Mark Andrews had almost 1400 yards receiving last year.

Two things are required to exploit via deep throws.

1. a wideout with speed.
2. a QB who can throw a catchable deep ball.

The Ravens' had point one and not number two.

The Cards have #2 covered with KM.

Mark Andrew's numbers reflect the relatively short passing game of the 8-9 Ravens, and despite Hollywood not being used optimally he still caught 91 for over a thousand yards.

Imagine 'Smokey' Brown at his best with AZ.

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
ok I'm feeling better now. I was concentrating on the check book too much.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He's cheaper than Kirk, but you're gonna have to provide some evidence that he's better.
I was going to argue with you and get on you for being so negative, but I recall when I hate the pick or what we do, so even arguing wouldn't be fair. Sorry you don't like what we're doing, K9.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
This transaction is good in so many ways. I'm not sure how much is saved against the Cap but not paying an unproven Keim draft choice and given how tight the Cardinals are against the Cap every little bit helps. This is the way L.A. has been successful. I'm all for it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was going to argue with you and get on you for being so negative, but I recall when I hate the pick or what we do, so even arguing wouldn't be fair. Sorry you don't like what we're doing, K9.

I just like to live in a reality-based environment. Based on all available evidence, Brown = Kirk. I have yet to hear a convincing argument that he’s an upgrade outside of him being cheaper.

I’m open to being convinced tho.