The Territorial Cup--ASU @ UofA

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Eff you announcer!!!! You totally jinxed us!!! WTF was Scott doing there, trying to qualify for the Olympic high jump?!?!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
That goofy run-to-the-right-then-punt thing finally backfired.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Now we need a three plus minute drive to go one yard. :mrgreen:

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
WOW! That game had the biggest momentum swings of any I could think of. UofA looked good early until Scott threw his first INT. Then ASU was unstoppable until that fumble with 2 minutes left in the first half. Then UofA was completely in control until Johnson stripped Scott for that fumble. Then all ASU from there. Just a completely insane game.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

:sparky::sparky::sparky:

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unfreaking believable game. What a huge momentum swing. The place was rockin' with good vibes for the Wildcats early on. It looked like a big party with even the U of A players on the sidelines getting into the dancing. But their celebration was way too premature. Somehow, though U of A led most statistical categories in the box score, ASU forced the turnovers, made the big plays and found a way to win.

What a great night for the ASU seniors and the program. I love the way Coach Graham gave the trophy to Frank Kush. And big kudos to the Coach for putting such an emphasis on the importance of this game. He made it a top priority and the team kept their focus, didn't get rattled, and pulled it off in front of a huge adverse crowd that left the stadium stunned.

Here's hoping for a good bowl match up. This ASU team has really over-performed beyond what many of us expected at the beginning of the year.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did Gee go?

I had to be up early to be at work today.. Doesn't look like I missed much here on ASFN.. Haha

That game was BS..

Still think Fear the Fork is the worst phrase ever.. Who is fearing an eating utensil?

So.. To round it up aint much changed.. It makes perfect sense ASU won.. Happens like this every year.. The team that shouldn't win, always seems to win..

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had to be up early to be at work today.. Doesn't look like I missed much here on ASFN.. Haha

That game was BS..

Still think Fear the Fork is the worst phrase ever.. Who is fearing an eating utensil?

So.. To round it up aint much changed.. It makes perfect sense ASU won.. Happens like this every year.. The team that shouldn't win, always seems to win..

Well, ASU played better D, made fewer mistakes, made more big plays, so not sure what you mean as far as "shouldn't win". They deserved the W. and got it. U of A has some extremely impressive players and their offense is very explosive, but they really need to shore up their defense. And what's with all the dancing on the sideline during the game? Do they do that every game?

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Another great game from UA/ASU. What a comeback for ASU. Talk about physically dominating a team. The ASU offense had UA's defense waiving the white flag from the start of the fourth quarter. ASU's Marion Grice looked like Carey from UA, averaging 10 yards a carry in the fourth.

Oh well, it does seem like team you least suspect would win in this rivalry, always comes thru. It has been that way for years now!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was an especially nice win for ASU because they will finish the season with a winning record assured. UA already had one. Now both schools can go to bowl games with winning records. I hope this is the start of a nice clean rivalry between the two teams. Watching the South Florida/ Cincinnati game right before the ASU/ UA game on ESPN was everything I hope our rivalry game is not. There was some real nastiness going on in that game.

KaDeem Carey is an awesome running back. He does not need the help of ESPN announcers being redundant to make it so.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was an especially nice win for ASU because they will finish the season with a winning record assured. UA already had one. Now both schools can go to bowl games with winning records. I hope this is the start of a nice clean rivalry between the two teams. Watching the South Florida/ Cincinnati game right before the ASU/ UA game on ESPN was everything I hope our rivalry game is not. There was some real nastiness going on in that game.

KaDeem Carey is an awesome running back. He does not need the help of ESPN announcers being redundant to make it so.

Good points. There were some very physical hits, but like you said it was a very clean game overall. And despite all they hype over the rivalry between Coach Graham and Coach Rodriguez, both showed no sign of that and even shook hands in the pre-game.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what makes sense? Bear down.

Signed,
The Arizona Wildbears.

Drop D

Striving for the Penultimate
Reaction score
"I've been here five years now, and I can't even explain how I feel about these guys," Scott said. "Obviously, we don't like them and they don't like us."

The conflicts are especially personal for Scott, who went a different way than many of his teammates from Centennial High in Corona, Calif.

ASU has a trio of players from the high school on the roster — senior linebacker Brandon Magee, junior defensive tackle Will Sutton and redshirt freshman quarterback Michael Eubank — and previously had ex-Scott teammates Vontaze Burfict, Shelly Lyons and Ryan Bass.

"I know those guys from back in high school and, obviously, they went to ASU and they could have gone here, some of them," Scott said.

"There's resentment against them I guess you could say. It's definitely a bigger game just because they're on the team. I don't want to lose to these guys and go back home and have those guys talking."

--UofA QB Matt Scott
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/...-scott-territorial-cup-we-dont-like-them.html

If he hates ASU so much, why did he give them so many gifts?