The Official US Soccer thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
We'll maybe--maybe--qualify for the WC because it's CONCACAF, but we're really going nowhere, fast.
they are auto qualified for the WC. the only dress rehearsal is Copa America the year prior. I think if they fail to compete for the title, then berhalter should be sacked. outside of Argentina or Brazil, the USA should be winning. either way there are so many simple plays in the final 3rd that they are failing to make. shout to Pepi who is really looking good taking his chances, but he and others are failing to string together simple passes to one another that should lead to goals.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We'll never reach any heights with Berhalter - he's always been mid, and unless we have far and away the best talent (which we wont) we'll likely scrap through the group round and lose to a better team. Hooray.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We'll never reach any heights with Berhalter - he's always been mid, and unless we have far and away the best talent (which we wont) we'll likely scrap through the group round and lose to a better team. Hooray.
I wish we would have went with a young rising coach.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I wonder how much US Soccer listens to its players or player in the case of Pulisic. It seems as if Pulisic has been Berhalter's biggest supporter. I'm still baffled to why Berhalter was brought back. IMO US Soccer is still run by a good ole boy club.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Pulisic winning games for AC Milan.
Typically I'd be happy to see Musah feeding Pulisic on a goal, but that was a clear handball and the referee was a disgrace all match

The ending was pure chaos

Such is life in Italy though

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Typically I'd be happy to see Musah feeding Pulisic on a goal, but that was a clear handball and the referee was a disgrace all match

The ending was pure chaos

Such is life in Italy though
I was wondering about that. it looked like it took a weird bounce maybe off of his bicep, but I couldn't tell. either way glad to see him putting the ball in the net in pivotal moments for a top tier club.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
USA fall to Germany 3-1. My observations were that first and foremost the USA were clearly the better side in the first half, but as always they play with foot cuffs in the final third. Pulisic scored a golazo, but he should have had more than one goal in this game. and he failed to setup balogun on what would have been an easy goal. Timothy weah and Weston were both awesome, but I still wonder what the USA will do with #9. Pepi needs a look with the first team. The center backs are going to be a problem for this team in the WC. How is gio going to play 90 mins. He might be the best player, but he can never play a full match.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Better players overall, but this coaching staff is an absolute joke. Can't take them seriously until the USMNT takes their role seriously.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Better players overall, but this coaching staff is an absolute joke. Can't take them seriously until the USMNT takes their role seriously.
Yeah I can only hope he gets fired after copa America. If they don’t find a way to score more goals they will be an easy target for the top teams that know how to hit the back of the net.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am wondering if there will be ANY tickets affordable for the World Cup? Last cup I saw a piece where people from all around the world were using their life savings to attend a game. :-(

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I am wondering if there will be ANY tickets affordable for the World Cup? Last cup I saw a piece where people from all around the world were using their life savings to attend a game. :-(
I heard that the WC final is very expensive, about on par with a Super Bowl ticket or more. But not sure about the other ones. Probably in the thousands. I would hope the group stage matches have seats under one thousand.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I think part will be how picky you are.

US & Mexico games at a premium. Other top tier nations as well.

There are a lot of games though in the group stage

Would hope a couple of them are concert/NFL priced

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think part will be how picky you are.

US & Mexico games at a premium. Other top tier nations as well.

There are a lot of games though in the group stage

Would hope a couple of them are concert/NFL priced
I'm definitely planning to go a game with the family... I'll pay a big premium if I can get tickets to a USA game - otherwise, I'll take whatever I can get.

Doesn't look like group stage matches broke the bank in Qatar: https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...ch-are-2022-fifa-world-cup-tickets-2/3427029/. But you had to win a lottery to get tickets at face value, and obviously secondary market prices will be much higher.

Edit: This site quotes ticket prices from the 2026 bid, which shows a hefty markup for 2022: https://www.theworldcupguide.com/how-to-buy-tickets-to-the-2026-world-cup/

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
USA had a good first half vs Ghana. Probably too much offense for berhalter’s liking so they were back to more focused on not scoring in the 2nd half.

I don’t know what to make out of these friendlies other than needing to get gio fit to play 90 mins. Dest was great yesterday. He and weah on the same side are a problem. They missed Jedi Robinson in these games but they already know what he has.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
It doesn’t really fit anywhere else, but absolutely crazy ending to the USL Championship final (2nd tier of US soccer). After equalizing in the 90th minute, Phoenix Rising go down 0-2 after 2 rounds of penalties, and end up winning 3-2 after 5 rounds!

Rising won four road playoff games, one in the final 5 minutes, 2 in extra time, and the championship in PKs. I think 3 of the 4 were comeback wins too.

Attachments

• IMG_5755.jpeg
    IMG_5755.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It doesn’t really fit anywhere else, but absolutely crazy ending to the USL Championship final (2nd tier of US soccer). After equalizing in the 90th minute, Phoenix Rising go down 0-2 after 2 rounds of penalties, and end up winning 3-2 after 5 rounds!

Rising won four road playoff games, one in the final 5 minutes, 2 in extra time, and the championship in PKs. I think 3 of the 4 were comeback wins too.
Better than the Texas Rangers. They had to win ALL road games period!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Pulisic went down with an injury today in Milan's victory against PSG. And it was in stoppage time I believe. Bad luck.
I hope this isn’t a long term thing. He’s been doing great this year.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I hope this isn’t a long term thing. He’s been doing great this year.

It didn't seem like there was a lot of fuss with it in the Italian papers

Jordan is a set back

I follow gladbach in Germany. He came in and was pretty much first choice over a new signing for this year.

At first he seemed to be playing under the level of Cvancara, but had put together a string of games with goals - then went down with injury during the match

Just so much of that with this team

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Watching the game versus T&T the US has been up a man for about 40 minutes now and can’t score a freaking goal. Tillman was awful, Gregg at least recognized it and took him out for Pepi, Paredes had a couple of moments but Aaronsen is the better player and should have started IMO.

I guess this really shows how much this team needs Pulisic and Weah.