OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are remaking a low budget cult classic?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now Krull...(with lens flares, no doubt)

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now Krull...(with lens flares, no doubt)

You must be registered for see images attach

I really had low standards back then. I remember seeing Treasure of the 4 Crowns in 3D (my first theater 3d Movie). Then I recall seeing Krull later that year. Anybody remember if Krull had a limited release in 3D? I want to say it did. I think I had seen a couple movies in 3D that year but I don't recall what the second one was. It may not have been this one but I did see it. I have watched it a few times over the years and as a kid loved the GLAIVE.

Another case where the movie wasn't great so I don't care if they try and remake it.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This is a travesty.
Huge +1 to this. The original is one of my favorite movies and this, I'm not even sure how to express it. There's some things that shouldn't be touched.

My only hope with this is that we'll finally get a UHD or at least a proper Blu-ray of the original. There's been like a dozen releases of it over the different regions and they all have issues with either picture or sound. None of them have gotten it right and it's different issues with each of them.

Edit: follow-up. I just check. There's a 30th anniversary UHD coming May 7th! I'm super excited for this. It's one of my most wanted releases. New movies are looking weak this year but it's Christmas for my old movie wishlist between this and James Cameron day coming on March 12th. :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just introduced my wife to the original Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead and she liked it. Now she knows why I use the line "The dishes are done, man !!" from time to time. :D

They've now come out and reported that the remake will be rated R. I guess they feel they are "pushing the envelope" when they remake 80s and 90s films but add content to make them rated R from the usual PG-13. SMH.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just introduced my wife to the original Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead and she liked it. Now she knows why I use the line "The dishes are done !!" from time to time. :D

They've now come out and reported that the remake will be rated R. I guess they feel they are "pushing the envelope" when they remake 80s and 90s films but add content to make them rated R from the usual PG-13. SMH.

You can't leave off the "man" part of that quote. His inflection of that word makes the line. I used it for years around the house when I finished something. For the longest time my kids didn't know why. I showed them the movie when they got older.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I have mixed feelings about this. I remember when Brandon died. I was still heavy into martial arts and me and all my buddies were at our dojo when we heard. He was on the cusp from becoming a mega star. I liked the first movie but it had a cloud over it after that and the sequels straight up SUCKED. If this revives a franchise and they can do it justice that would be great. Chances are not good but the franchise never really got a shot after Brandon died mainly because nobody wanted to see anyone else in the part after that. Well....the scripts also sucked.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't leave off the "man" part of that quote. His inflection of that word makes the line. I used it for years around the house when I finished something. For the longest times my kids didn't know why. I showed them the movie when they got older.
Fixed. Also, I see no need for a remake. It's going to be rated R and focus on a black family. Why not just make up your own story? If they try to replicate scenes from the 90s with a black family of today it would bomb anyway. Heck the original did not do well initially and later became a cult favorite. Weird choice for a remake.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed. Also, I see no need for a remake. It's going to be rated R and focus on a black family. Why not just make up your own story? If they try to replicate scenes from the 90s with a black family of today it would bomb anyway. Heck the original did not do well initially and later became a cult favorite. Weird choice for a remake.
Is it a true remake of the same characters or just another story with the same premise? If it's the ladder I am OK with it. I find often they are not very clear sometimes when they use "remake" or "reboot" for example.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a true remake of the same characters or just another story with the same premise? If it's the ladder I am OK with it. I find often they are not very clear sometimes when they use "remake" or "reboot" for example.
This one is a "remake" being billed as a "retelling." SMH.

Tyra Banks is literally playing the same character as Joanna Cassidy from the original, Rose who hires Swell as her assistant.

Treehouse’s remake is billed as a present-day retelling centered on a Black family. Banks will play Cassidy’s character Rose, a fashion executive at General Apparel West, who takes a chance on Swell by hiring her as an executive assistant.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one is a "remake" being billed as a "retelling." SMH.

Tyra Banks is literally playing the same character as Joanna Cassidy from the original, Rose who hires Swell as her assistant.

Treehouse’s remake is billed as a present-day retelling centered on a Black family. Banks will play Cassidy’s character Rose, a fashion executive at General Apparel West, who takes a chance on Swell by hiring her as an executive assistant.

If it's a true remake....pass. I just don't understand why? Just make a sequel, new characters similar scenario.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose