The official "Hey, Stout - it's another remake!" thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Neil Moritz Remaking The Tingler
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    November 15, 2004

Producer Neal Moritz (Stealth, XXX: State of the Union) will remake the 1959 horror classic The Tingler for Columbia Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter. Greg Pace is set to write the feature film.

The original movie starred Vincent Price as a scientist who discovers an organism that grows along a person's spine when that person enters a state of extreme fear. One way to defeat the creature is to scream.

The movie was directed and produced by noted horror master William Castle, who was known as much for his gimmicks as his movies. For The Tingler, Castle wired theater seats so that when a scream occurred during the movie, audiences felt a jolt.

The new version will follow a scientist who, in the search for a medical cure for fear, unleashes the Tingler, an entity that kills its victims with fear.

2. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Good title...frickin' Hollywood :D I mean, it's Vincent Price, for crying out loud...that's like remaking The Shining without Jack.

3. FischerKing

FischerKing Beer me a post... Contributor

they've already done that - a made-for-tv movie done by Stephen King...i prefer Jack, even though i'm a huge King fan.

shawn

4. Brian in Mesa

Terror Train Remake in the Works
    Source: Family Room Entertainment Corporation
    January 31, 2005

In conjunction with Maverick Films and Integrated Films and Management, Emmett/Furla Films, a wholly owned subsidiary of Family Room Entertainment Corporation, has announced that they are in final negotiations to acquire the rights to remake the 1980 horror classic, Terror Train. The original picture, which was directed by Roger Spottiswoode and starred Jamie Lee Curtis, follows a group of college coeds being terrorized by a masked killer during a New Year's Masquerade on a chartered train.

Emmett/Furla and Integrated recently partnered to set up a remake of the horror classic The Amityville Horror with NuImage and Dimension Films.

Co-chairs of Family Room Entertainment Randall Emmett and George Furla stated: "We are very excited to be re-teaming with Steve (Whitney) and Andy (Trapani) on another horror remake. We are also thrilled to be working with Maverick Films, who bring an extraordinary depth of creative resources."

"Suspense on a train is a classic formula that's been relatively unexplored in recent years," said Andy Trapani and Steve Whitney of Integrated Films and Management.

Mark Morgan of Maverick Films stated: "Maverick has been looking for the right picture to collaborate with EFF and Integrated for some time. We are excited to start with 'Terror Train' and believe this to be the first of many to come."

The producers are currently out to writers on the Pic, which is being fast-tracked.

:|

5. Renz

Renz An Army of One

This is really unbelievable. Terror Train is a formula, T 'n A slasher movie. What can they possibly do different that would make this worth going to instead of renting the original?

6. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

More T? More A?

7. Brian in Mesa

:lmao:

:notworthy

8. mdamien13

mdamien13 Go Cardinals! Yay!!!

9. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

What!?!?!? First the Evil Dead, then The Longest Yard, and now this!?!?!? When will these idiots, fools, and movie rapists, who seek nothing more than the almighty dollar, stop remaking GOOD, CLASSIC MOVIES!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

I agree with you that this is a stupid remake.

But I can't agree that remaking classics are always a bad idea. Scorsese is looking to remake the classic Kurosawa film "Drunken Angel". Now I would definitely pay to see that.

11. FischerKing

FischerKing Beer me a post... Contributor

i really wish someone would re-make Monty Python's the Search for the Holy Grail.

:D

j/k man - i hope you didn't just jump our of a window. i feel your pain.

shawn

12. Mulli

Mulli ... Contributor

I am sure it will star Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz.

13. Chaplin

Just Leonardo DiCaprio. Cameron Diaz has only done one movie with Scorsese, so I'm not sure how she gets grouped with him.

14. Mulli

Mulli ... Contributor

Diaz as an Irish woman in Gangs. Just as bad as Leonardo as the Irish kid.

15. Chaplin

Um, yeah. I knew that, that's why I said that she was in one movie with Scorsese.