The official "Hey, Stout - it's another remake!" thread

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Moderator
Supporting Member
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
70,967
Reaction score
21,584
Location
The Dark Side
Neil Moritz Remaking The Tingler
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
November 15, 2004


Producer Neal Moritz (Stealth, XXX: State of the Union) will remake the 1959 horror classic The Tingler for Columbia Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter. Greg Pace is set to write the feature film.

The original movie starred Vincent Price as a scientist who discovers an organism that grows along a person's spine when that person enters a state of extreme fear. One way to defeat the creature is to scream.

The movie was directed and produced by noted horror master William Castle, who was known as much for his gimmicks as his movies. For The Tingler, Castle wired theater seats so that when a scream occurred during the movie, audiences felt a jolt.

The new version will follow a scientist who, in the search for a medical cure for fear, unleashes the Tingler, an entity that kills its victims with fear.
 

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Posts
9,238
Reaction score
4
Location
Scranton, PA
Stout said:
Good title...frickin' Hollywood :D I mean, it's Vincent Price, for crying out loud...that's like remaking The Shining without Jack.

they've already done that - a made-for-tv movie done by Stephen King...i prefer Jack, even though i'm a huge King fan.

shawn
 
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Moderator
Supporting Member
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
70,967
Reaction score
21,584
Location
The Dark Side
Terror Train Remake in the Works
Source: Family Room Entertainment Corporation
January 31, 2005


In conjunction with Maverick Films and Integrated Films and Management, Emmett/Furla Films, a wholly owned subsidiary of Family Room Entertainment Corporation, has announced that they are in final negotiations to acquire the rights to remake the 1980 horror classic, Terror Train. The original picture, which was directed by Roger Spottiswoode and starred Jamie Lee Curtis, follows a group of college coeds being terrorized by a masked killer during a New Year's Masquerade on a chartered train.

Emmett/Furla and Integrated recently partnered to set up a remake of the horror classic The Amityville Horror with NuImage and Dimension Films.

Co-chairs of Family Room Entertainment Randall Emmett and George Furla stated: "We are very excited to be re-teaming with Steve (Whitney) and Andy (Trapani) on another horror remake. We are also thrilled to be working with Maverick Films, who bring an extraordinary depth of creative resources."

"Suspense on a train is a classic formula that's been relatively unexplored in recent years," said Andy Trapani and Steve Whitney of Integrated Films and Management.

Mark Morgan of Maverick Films stated: "Maverick has been looking for the right picture to collaborate with EFF and Integrated for some time. We are excited to start with 'Terror Train' and believe this to be the first of many to come."

The producers are currently out to writers on the Pic, which is being fast-tracked.

:|
 

Renz

An Army of One
Joined
May 10, 2003
Posts
13,078
Reaction score
2
Location
lat: 35.231 lon: -111.550
Brian in Mesa said:
Terror Train Remake in the Works
Source: Family Room Entertainment Corporation
January 31, 2005


In conjunction with Maverick Films and Integrated Films and Management, Emmett/Furla Films, a wholly owned subsidiary of Family Room Entertainment Corporation, has announced that they are in final negotiations to acquire the rights to remake the 1980 horror classic, Terror Train. The original picture, which was directed by Roger Spottiswoode and starred Jamie Lee Curtis, follows a group of college coeds being terrorized by a masked killer during a New Year's Masquerade on a chartered train.

Emmett/Furla and Integrated recently partnered to set up a remake of the horror classic The Amityville Horror with NuImage and Dimension Films.

Co-chairs of Family Room Entertainment Randall Emmett and George Furla stated: "We are very excited to be re-teaming with Steve (Whitney) and Andy (Trapani) on another horror remake. We are also thrilled to be working with Maverick Films, who bring an extraordinary depth of creative resources."

"Suspense on a train is a classic formula that's been relatively unexplored in recent years," said Andy Trapani and Steve Whitney of Integrated Films and Management.

Mark Morgan of Maverick Films stated: "Maverick has been looking for the right picture to collaborate with EFF and Integrated for some time. We are excited to start with 'Terror Train' and believe this to be the first of many to come."

The producers are currently out to writers on the Pic, which is being fast-tracked.

:|
This is really unbelievable. Terror Train is a formula, T 'n A slasher movie. What can they possibly do different that would make this worth going to instead of renting the original?
 

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Posts
35,345
Reaction score
15
Location
The Aventine
Renz said:
This is really unbelievable. Terror Train is a formula, T 'n A slasher movie. What can they possibly do different that would make this worth going to instead of renting the original?
More T? More A?
 

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Posts
38,426
Reaction score
21,370
Location
Pittsburgh, PA--Enemy territory!
mdamien13 said:
Hollywood is run by monkeys. Stupid ones.

Next on the remake block: The Exorcist

:mad:

What!?!?!? First the Evil Dead, then The Longest Yard, and now this!?!?!? When will these idiots, fools, and movie rapists, who seek nothing more than the almighty dollar, stop remaking GOOD, CLASSIC MOVIES!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Chaplin

Better off silent
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
45,105
Reaction score
14,837
Location
Round Rock, TX
I agree with you that this is a stupid remake.

But I can't agree that remaking classics are always a bad idea. Scorsese is looking to remake the classic Kurosawa film "Drunken Angel". Now I would definitely pay to see that.
 

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Posts
9,238
Reaction score
4
Location
Scranton, PA
i really wish someone would re-make Monty Python's the Search for the Holy Grail.






































:D

j/k man - i hope you didn't just jump our of a window. i feel your pain.

shawn
 

Mulli

...
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Posts
52,529
Reaction score
4,585
Location
Generational
Chaplin said:
I agree with you that this is a stupid remake.

But I can't agree that remaking classics are always a bad idea. Scorsese is looking to remake the classic Kurosawa film "Drunken Angel". Now I would definitely pay to see that.

I am sure it will star Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz.
 

Chaplin

Better off silent
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
45,105
Reaction score
14,837
Location
Round Rock, TX
Mulli808 said:
I am sure it will star Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz.

Just Leonardo DiCaprio. Cameron Diaz has only done one movie with Scorsese, so I'm not sure how she gets grouped with him.
 

Mulli

...
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Posts
52,529
Reaction score
4,585
Location
Generational
Chaplin said:
Just Leonardo DiCaprio. Cameron Diaz has only done one movie with Scorsese, so I'm not sure how she gets grouped with him.

Diaz as an Irish woman in Gangs. Just as bad as Leonardo as the Irish kid.
 

Chaplin

Better off silent
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
45,105
Reaction score
14,837
Location
Round Rock, TX
Mulli808 said:
Diaz as an Irish woman in Gangs. Just as bad as Leonardo as the Irish kid.

Um, yeah. I knew that, that's why I said that she was in one movie with Scorsese.
 

Mulli

...
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Posts
52,529
Reaction score
4,585
Location
Generational
Chaplin said:
Um, yeah. I knew that, that's why I said that she was in one movie with Scorsese.

And that is why is mentioned her. I was just messing.
 

Chaplin

Better off silent
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
45,105
Reaction score
14,837
Location
Round Rock, TX
Mulli808 said:
And that is why is mentioned her. I was just messing.

;)

You are correct about Leonardo though, he appears to be the guy tapped to be in the movie, but I'm not sure if it's finalized yet.
 

Mulli

...
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Posts
52,529
Reaction score
4,585
Location
Generational
Chaplin said:
;)

You are correct about Leonardo though, he appears to be the guy tapped to be in the movie, but I'm not sure if it's finalized yet.

Are you serious?? Leonardo-san??? What will they do use brown make-up and dye his hair black?
 

Chaplin

Better off silent
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
45,105
Reaction score
14,837
Location
Round Rock, TX
Mulli808 said:
Are you serious?? Leornardo-san??? What will they do use brown make-up and die his hair black?

LOL

Obviously, it's not going to be set in Japan...
 
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Moderator
Supporting Member
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
70,967
Reaction score
21,584
Location
The Dark Side
Chaplin said:
I agree with you that this is a stupid remake.

But I can't agree that remaking classics are always a bad idea. Scorsese is looking to remake the classic Kurosawa film "Drunken Angel". Now I would definitely pay to see that.

Aviator Trio Developing Drunken Angel
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
February 10, 2005


The Hollywood Reporter says The Aviator team of Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio and screenwriter John Logan are in early talks to develop a remake of Akira Kurosawa's 1948 classic Drunken Angel for Warner Bros. Pictures.

DiCaprio is attached to star in the film, which Logan would write. The project is being discussed as a potential directing vehicle for Scorsese. Kurosawa's film, which was set in postwar Japan, centered on a young criminal who is being treated for tuberculosis by an alcoholic doctor.

Scorsese and DiCaprio next collaborate on The Departed, which is about to begin filming. The film is based on the Hong Kong gangster film Infernal Affairs.

After that, Scorsese will next direct a big-screen adaptation of Japanese author Shusaku Endo's book Silence.
 
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Moderator
Supporting Member
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
70,967
Reaction score
21,584
Location
The Dark Side
How long until all of the cult classics get remade? :|

Hills Have Eyes Remake Starts in April
Source: Production Weekly
February 11, 2005


A remake of Wes Craven's 1977 cult classic The Hills Have Eyes is scheduled to begin filming late April for nine weeks, reports Production Weekly.

Wes Craven, who wrote and directed the original, will produce at Dimension Films. Alexandre Aja and Gregory Levasseur, the duo behind High Tension, wrote the script and Aja will direct.

The new version follows a suburban American family who take a trip cross-country. However, when their trailer breaks down mysteriously in the New Mexico desert, they are preyed upon by a family of deformed hill people. The family members must defend themselves against these horrors.
 
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Moderator
Supporting Member
Joined
May 13, 2002
Posts
70,967
Reaction score
21,584
Location
The Dark Side
The Poseidon Adventure Starts in May
Source: Production Weekly
February 16, 2005


Wolfgang Petersen (The Perfect Storm, Das Boot) is set to start filming Warner Bros. Pictures' remake The Poseidon Adventure in early May. The shipwreck saga is expected to shoot through September in Los Angeles for a May 5, 2006 release.

The original movie, released in 1972 by 20th Century Fox, told the story of a ragtag group of survivors trapped on a passenger ship after it is capsized by a monster wave. It was followed by the 1979 sequel Beyond the Poseidon Adventure, which was released by Warner Bros.

The new movie would be set in the present day and follow a new set of characters that attempts to survive after a tidal wave flips the S.S. Poseidon.
 

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Posts
9,238
Reaction score
4
Location
Scranton, PA
Brian in Mesa said:
How long until all of the cult classics get remade? :|

Hills Have Eyes Remake Starts in April
Source: Production Weekly
February 11, 2005


A remake of Wes Craven's 1977 cult classic The Hills Have Eyes is scheduled to begin filming late April for nine weeks, reports Production Weekly.

Wes Craven, who wrote and directed the original, will produce at Dimension Films. Alexandre Aja and Gregory Levasseur, the duo behind High Tension, wrote the script and Aja will direct.

The new version follows a suburban American family who take a trip cross-country. However, when their trailer breaks down mysteriously in the New Mexico desert, they are preyed upon by a family of deformed hill people. The family members must defend themselves against these horrors.

defintely a movie that needs to be redone - i thought the original was terrible - but then i watched it for the first time last summer.

shawn
 

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Posts
9,238
Reaction score
4
Location
Scranton, PA
Brian in Mesa said:
The Poseidon Adventure Starts in May
Source: Production Weekly
February 16, 2005


Wolfgang Petersen (The Perfect Storm, Das Boot) is set to start filming Warner Bros. Pictures' remake The Poseidon Adventure in early May. The shipwreck saga is expected to shoot through September in Los Angeles for a May 5, 2006 release.

The original movie, released in 1972 by 20th Century Fox, told the story of a ragtag group of survivors trapped on a passenger ship after it is capsized by a monster wave. It was followed by the 1979 sequel Beyond the Poseidon Adventure, which was released by Warner Bros.

The new movie would be set in the present day and follow a new set of characters that attempts to survive after a tidal wave flips the S.S. Poseidon.

:rolleyes:

shawn
 

Forum statistics

Threads
539,258
Posts
5,285,435
Members
6,280
Latest member
alaskabustergreen
Top