The official "Hey, Stout - it's another remake!" thread

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one is a "remake" being billed as a "retelling." SMH.

Tyra Banks is literally playing the same character as Joanna Cassidy from the original, Rose who hires Swell as her assistant.

Treehouse’s remake is billed as a present-day retelling centered on a Black family. Banks will play Cassidy’s character Rose, a fashion executive at General Apparel West, who takes a chance on Swell by hiring her as an executive assistant.

You can't remake/retell this magic!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious if the Zucker brothers and/or Abrahams are involved.
So far, little is known about the Akiva Schaffer-led reboot, which will feature action star Neeson lampooning his own image as the effective but imbecilic Drebin. Lonely Island veteran Schaffer will direct and executive produce, and co-wrote the film's draft script with writing duo Dan Gregor and Doug Mand (Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend). The film will be produced by Seth MacFarlane and Erica Huggins via their company Fuzzy Door.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So far, little is known about the Akiva Schaffer-led reboot, which will feature action star Neeson lampooning his own image as the effective but imbecilic Drebin. Lonely Island veteran Schaffer will direct and executive produce, and co-wrote the film's draft script with writing duo Dan Gregor and Doug Mand (Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend). The film will be produced by Seth MacFarlane and Erica Huggins via their company Fuzzy Door.
Outside of Liam Neeson, nothing in that paragraph is exciting.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Whoa! Didn't see this one coming. One of my favs to watch with my buddies back in the day. Introduced it to my kids and they thought it was dumb lol.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You can't leave off the "man" part of that quote. His inflection of that word makes the line. I used it for years around the house when I finished something. For the longest time my kids didn't know why. I showed them the movie when they got older.
One of my favorite lines, especially coming off breaks at work, is "Time to go back to the salt mines of Kessel." For years I would say that and no one knew what I was talking about. Then one day a coworkers said, "Did you just drop some Star Wars on us?" Made my day! :)