The official "Hey, Stout - it's another remake!" thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Nov 15, 2004.

1. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

so...do you like,..feel them crawling on you? sneaking up the back of your shirt when you are relaxing?

my oldest boy and I had a run in with a few sun spiders in new mexico...poor kid jumped backwards about six feet across the kitchen and landed on the table squealing like a five year old girl, lmao... later I had to drag him out of his bedroom because he had used four full cans of raid to line all the cracks in his bedroom... had to put him in my bed for the night since his room was in a cloud, lol.
    cracks me up. the kid is 6'1" and 225, shredded muscle...and if a spider shows up he will jump on my back squealing like a little girl.
    makes for lots of spontaneous fun at parties though..I'm a horrible parent I guess, lol.

2. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Yep, that's me. He must not be as bad, though, because I have let people know that punking me with actual spiders leads to rage and violence--no joke. I would have lost my job with the state years ago by beating an inmate to a pulp. Punking with fake spiders in person? Fair play, but it will be met in kind :D

3. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

4. Brian in Mesa

5. Brian in Mesa

6. Brian in Mesa

'In the Fade' Director Hired for 'Firestarter' Remake

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/-in-the-fade-director-hired-for-firestar/f-2584603ec4/moviefone.com

The remake of Stephen King's "Firestarter" now has a director: Variety reports that German director Fatih Akin has signed on.

Akin's "In the Fade" earned star Diane Kruger a Best Actress award at Cannes and won a Best Foreign Film Golden Globe. Previously, Akin won the Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival for his 2004 film "Head On."

Akiva Goldsman and Jason Blum of Blumhouse Productions will produce the new "Firestarter," based on a script by Scott Teems (of TV shows "Rectify" and "Narcos").

7. Brian in Mesa

After Successfully Remaking Stephen King’s ‘It,’ Producers Plan to Resurrect Chucky for ‘Child’s Play’ Reboot

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/childs-play-reboot-it-producers-chucky-1201981201/

Chucky is eyeing a return to the big screen in a major way thanks to an upcoming “Child’s Play” reboot, Collider reports. MGM is reportedly developing a new “Child’s Play” film with help from producers David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith. The two men were behind last year’s horror sensation “It” and are production the follow-up “It: Chapter Two,” which is now in production. “Polaroid” director Lars Klevberg is helming the “Child’s Play” reboot from a script by “Kung Fury” writer Tyler Burton Smith.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

Nooo, not Chucky! I don't need another movie to freak me out about dolls. :)

9. Brian in Mesa

Fox Plots ‘Rookie Of The Year’ Remake With Dan Gregor On The Mound

https://deadline.com/2018/10/rookie-of-the-year-remake-fox-dan-gregor-doug-mand-1202479812/

20th Century Fox is in the early planning stages for a remake of the 1993 film Rookie of the Year. Studio is making a deal with Dan Gregor & Doug Mandto rewrite, with Gregor eyeing to direct. The duo most recently wrote and Gregor directed Most Likely to Murder, the film that premiered at SXSW and stars Adam Pally and Rachel Bloom.

In the Daniel Stern-directed original, an accident gives a young boy an incredibly powerful pitching arm. He ends up pitching for his favorite team, the Chicago Cubs, and could lead them to the World Series. The hurler was played by Thomas Ian Nicholas.

10. Brian in Mesa

Rush Hour Female Reboot In Development

https://screenrant.com/rush-hour-movie-reboot-female/

A Rush Hour reboot film is in the works, and it will reportedly feature a female-centric main cast.

Directed by Brett Ratner,
    Rush Hour stars Tucker and Chan as mismatched police officers who must rescue the Chinese consul's kidnapped daughter. Produced for an estimated $33-35 million, the action comedy earned over $244 million at the box office and signified much-needed diversity in mainstream Hollywood. While the sequel had a much higher budget ($90 million), it earned over $347 in theaters, thus making Tucker a viable A-list star while confirming Chan’s industry relevance. For the third film, the numbers balanced out, as Rush Hour 3’s revenue essentially doubled its $140 million budget.

A Rush Hour 4 film is reportedly still happening, at least according to Tucker: "Jackie Chan wants to do it, I want to do it, the studio wants to do it, so we’re trying to get it together."

---------------------------------------------

So lazy.

Why write a buddy female cop movie when you can just change the genders of the main characters in an already established buddy cop movie?

SMH.

Just like Ghostbusters, Ocean's 8, and What Women Want...

Also coming soon - a gender-swapped Dirty Rotten Scoundrels called The Hustle.

Stout likes this.
  11. Brian in Mesa

Just say no, please.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  12. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Cary Elwes tweeted in reply:

There’s a shortage of perfect movies in this world. It would be a pity to damage this one.

13. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

The whole twitter thread is gold

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  14. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Yeah, Princess Bride is a perfect example of catching lightning in a bottle - you don't remake that kind of movie IMO.

Stout, cardncubfan and Brian in Mesa like this.
  15. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Eh, the Goonies thing never saw the light of day. Ditto the Big Trouble in Little China thing. Neither will this.

AzStevenCal likes this.