THE Newcastle United FC thread

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by Stout, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Yeah, Dubravka muffed that one, but he's been brilliant all season, so what can you do? Man, Rondon hit a post! But so did they, and had one cleared off the line. I think Newcastle did well, but Spurs were well worth the 3 points today.

On a side note, I think it was just about a perfectly reffed game. Really well done by Mariner.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  2. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

yes it was a good match. both sides played well. Newcastle had chances, not many but when they did press forward they some quality chances. You have to say they stuck to their plan well and almost got a result. Son has rescued Spurs season over the last 2 Premier league fixtures.

3. Stout

The low-end results went perfectly--Fulham and Huddersfield are doomed--but the others were disastrous. Out of the relegation zone by GD only! It's going to be a bumpy ride!

4. Stout

Absolutely ******* cheated by the ref today. Absolutely, 100 percent cheated. Which is par for the ******* course when Newcastle play Wolves, apparently. Extra time's over? Here, have another minute. Wrap your arms around the keeper's neck? No problem. Elbow to the face that draws blood for a penalty? What penalty? (Last match.) And I'm not 100 percent convinced that cross didn't go out before the keeper was fouled before the goal.

I am fuming, absolutely ******* fuming. If Newcastle go down because they were cheated out of 3 total points against Wolves, I will be absolutely out of my ******* mind. Like now.

5. Stout

Game 1:

[​IMG]

No penalty awarded, though there was a broken nose and blood.

Game 2:

[​IMG]

Is this the WWE or the Premier League? Officials are cheating pricks.

6. lorenzotexan

I missed that finish between Wolves and Newcastle. Am I recalling correctly that the ref also didn't blow the whistle on time? the missed penalties have been awful. especially if you look at some of the ones that are given so easily at certain occasions. I don't know that they are always able to see it all, but I do question when they give one so cheaply.

7. Stout

You are indeed recalling correctly. Thus my enormous anger. If Newcastle go done because of those two Wolves games (3 points) I'll be massively pissed off. As Rafa said, how is laying one light hand on Mo Sallah a penalty, but wrapping your arms around a keeper's face and neck not a foul going the other way? There's zero consistency.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  8. lorenzotexan

It really is tough to watch at times with the refs. I don't like when they see it one way outside of the box and differently inside of the box. it drives me mad. then there is the point you made when they give penalties to people who sneeze near Mo Saleh (of corse he goes down). Hopefully in the near future he gets the same treatment as what Son is getting at spurs. Now Son gets cautioned when he is actually fouled. Karma is real thing.

I guess VAR will improve some things, but I am not looking forward to more stoppages with subjective opinions on what is clear and obvious. I am still finding myself slow to join the VAR party, but hopefully the premier league will do it much better than FIFA did in the WC.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019 at 4:45 AM
  9. Stout

Eh, I've just seen Newcastle screwed too many times, and the lower table teams screwed too many times, to not want VAR. 3 points denied by Wolves, and we would have locked up 3 points (instead of none!) against Man U by going up 3-0, except...good lord...a handball in the box that then careened out for a corner, and a GOAL KICK was given! Three unforgivable ref decisions, just off the top of my head, that would have Newcastle on 31 points already. Bring on the VAR, please lol

lorenzotexan likes this.
  10. Stout

Magnificent. Almiron's a revelation. It's a crime he didn't score today, but he got a man sent off with his pace (about time someone else got red carded against us, too!), figured in some goals, and was just cracker jack. This game could easily have been 8-0, what with so many close misses and FOUR good shots off the woodwork. Massive result, and suddenly it looks a decent squad, with all the people coming back from injury. A squad that still needs a lot of additions, but still.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  11. lorenzotexan

you are correct. there is clearly bias. not to get off topic, but Mike Deen is trash. watched him today in spurs match vs. burnley. if you cough you get a caution. and don't bother trying to reason with him you get cautioned for that as well. the next ref behind him has given 20 less bookings???

12. lorenzotexan

that's good to hear. wish I saw the match.