THE Newcastle United FC thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Need a W against Forrest and do NOT need Dan Burn in the starting lineup. If Howe has learned nothing, he should have learned that Forrest's speed on the right flank will kill BDB.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Burn in again. It kind of feels like Howe is trolling the whole fanbase.
Yep, and he choked up a 1-on-1 that should have been a goal and his absolute lack of pace allowed an actual goal. It's criminal he still plays. Howe is a very, VERY lucky boy to have won this game riding him the whole game. Bruno is just class, even when he's not his best (especially to open the 2nd half).

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
This is an awful response and maybe highlights why we criminally went into the season with only 2 out and out strikers:

Eddie Howe: "If you have an injury to one of the two strikers that we have then, of course, you're going to look at it and think, 'We need a striker. The issue that we have is they're usually very expensive and, then, if those two strikers are fit, what do you do with the third one?"

Uh, Eddie, you freaking use them as a substitute, play them in the cups, play them in Europe--you know that competition that we didn't have enough fit attackers for? You never, ever, ever go into the season with only 2 strikers. It's stupid and I railed against it before the season. Their idea of playing Gordon as a false 9 just in case wasn't enough, IMO, and it hasn't been enough.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Absolutely shambolic. Once again Howe changes his blunder late on after it has already cost the team the game. From the very beginning, the team was all over the place, not ready, and outplayed by Bournemouth. Should've been down 2-0 at the half. Good on them to fight back but now they've taken 1 point out of 6 against Bournemouth, and I swear I will scream if I hear, "Well, Bournemouth are a decent side."

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch because my son had a soccer tournament, but I hate that we had to salvage draws verses Luton and Bournemouth. With Man United somehow pulling off win after win, European football is looking like a dream.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch because my son had a soccer tournament, but I hate that we had to salvage draws verses Luton and Bournemouth. With Man United somehow pulling off win after win, European football is looking like a dream.
Brighton is in the same boat -- seems to be a gap forming between the top 6 and teams 7 through 11. Those teams might end up fighting for the Europa Conference League spot, which would be a letdown for both of our clubs after Champions/Europa League, respectively.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
PSA: The Newcastle kits are deeply discounted on the Castore website right now. The green and blue kits can be had for $27 each, and the home kit is $45. If you get the green kit, just know that it is tight in the arms and neck. I got my usual size, large, and it fits pretty well, but the neck bothers me every once in awhile if I think about it too much.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
PSA: The Newcastle kits are deeply discounted on the Castore website right now. The green and blue kits can be had for $27 each, and the home kit is $45. If you get the green kit, just know that it is tight in the arms and neck. I got my usual size, large, and it fits pretty well, but the neck bothers me every once in awhile if I think about it too much.
Last year's home kit is tight in the arms and almost tight in the neck. I picked up a Tripps jersey last year.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Last year's home kit is tight in the arms and almost tight in the neck. I picked up a Tripps jersey last year.
Just hope you never get aligned with Kappa. They don't understand that fans aren't players and that people buy merchandise for the club crest and colors, not theirs

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
That team has far deeper problems right?
In defense, certainly, but Burn has been the weakest link. The bad teams with a speedy winger would torture Burn and it would cost us the game.

Unfortunately, Botman hasn't been the same after his return from injury. He should probably have gotten the surgery. I'd like to see Lascelles in the lineup. Botman had his worst game in black and white Saturday.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of my "hey, they should fire David Moyes next": here is my favorite for next Newcastle Skipper:

You must be registered for see images attach